Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Battlefield V open beta discussion

Comments

• Hrafn-Fel
    3553 postsPosts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bridge map I think is my favorite.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
    Hrafn-Fel wrote: »

Yeah, that's going to be awesome. I think Rotterdam can be good if it's played the way they describe it, as guarding the railway, instead of the way they had it in the beta. (Not that it wasn't fun in the beta)

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Hrafn-Fel

Yeah, that's going to be awesome. I think Rotterdam can be good if it's played the way they describe it, as guarding the railway, instead of the way they had it in the beta. (Not that it wasn't fun in the beta)

I like that they say tank battles a lot. It also looks like you will have a lot of tanks roaming around. I hated how BF1 it was like 1 tank each side.
  • Magikf1ngers

I like that they say tank battles a lot. It also looks like you will have a lot of tanks roaming around. I hated how BF1 it was like 1 tank each side.

Yeah, but tanks weren't as readily available in WWI, so I kind of understand. However, it is a game.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Hrafn-Fel

Yeah, but tanks weren't as readily available in WWI, so I kind of understand. However, it is a game.

Yeah I get that but that's why BFV will be better. Massive battles with lots of vehicles all around. I had a blast driving around in the truck during beta.
  • Magikf1ngers

Yeah I get that but that's why BFV will be better. Massive battles with lots of vehicles all around. I had a blast driving around in the truck during beta.

I did, too. I *loved* the gunner's seat in some of the planes. I have no doubt V is going to rule over BF: 1

• Hrafn-Fel
    edited November 3

I did, too. I *loved* the gunner's seat in some of the planes. I have no doubt V is going to rule over BF: 1

I think what I loved most about vehicles is the towing feature. I knew it was a thing (kinda)but didnt learn how till end of beta. I loved the fact you could attach the stationary guns to the truck and move it to another spot. It took some time to try and get the backing up with the trailer attached lol.
  • Magikf1ngers

I think what I loved most about vehicles is the towing feature. I knew it was a thing (kinda)but didnt learn how till end of beta. I loved the fact you could attach the stationary guns to the truck and move it to another spot. It took some time to try and get the backing up with the trailer attached lol.

Yeah, that wasn't something that was widely advertised, as I didn't realize it, and after I discovered it, didn't see anywhere that mentioned it. I didn't look that hard, either, because I was busy playing.

• Hrafn-Fel

Yeah, that wasn't something that was widely advertised, as I didn't realize it, and after I discovered it, didn't see anywhere that mentioned it. I didn't look that hard, either, because I was busy playing.

They mentioned the towing in the trailer everyone went crazy over. I think it was the E3 reveal trailer? Most people focused on the cricket bat swinging female and nothing else lol.
  • Magikf1ngers

They mentioned the towing in the trailer everyone went crazy over. I think it was the E3 reveal trailer? Most people focused on the cricket bat swinging female and nothing else lol.

Yeah, I remember a quick mention of it, but it wasn't something that was really emphasized in the beta that I remember - or at least nothing that I remember well, but the open beta was the week before I started school, so I didn't have my head 100% into everything. Still don't, but I'm in a rhythm, so I can pay more attention.

Also - they just released the PC specs - both min and recommended - I'm above minimum and a half a hair below recommended (my CPU is the min required, but everything else on my system is at the recommended level) - but, I did play the beta fine, so I don't anticipate any issues.

• Magikf1ngers
    @Hrafn-Fel

Can't remember if you're PC or console (I'm terrible trying to remember that for everyone) - but my wife surprised me last night with some money she set aside so I could get BF: V - so I have it pre-loaded and ready to go on Nov 14.

• Hrafn-Fel
    @Hrafn-Fel

Can't remember if you're PC or console (I'm terrible trying to remember that for everyone) - but my wife surprised me last night with some money she set aside so I could get BF: V - so I have it pre-loaded and ready to go on Nov 14.

That's awesome! I'm on ps4 so I wont be able to play with you. That's probably best for you as I'm not the best at shooters. That is why I really like BF cause you can be a medic or support. You can still help out even if you arent God mode insta slayer.
  • Magikf1ngers
    @Hrafn-Fel

That's awesome! I'm on ps4 so I wont be able to play with you. That's probably best for you as I'm not the best at shooters. That is why I really like BF cause you can be a medic or support. You can still help out even if you arent God mode insta slayer.

Right there with you on that. I'm not great at it, not bad at it, but I do excel in support roles - medic, engineer. Though I do have a knack for, in competition, to pull of wildly lucky things.

Never know - my nephew is hounding me to get a console (can't remember which one) so I can play Titanfall with him (He's 17) - so I might wind up getting one when I'm done with school in 2020.

• Hrafn-Fel
    Get to play at midnight tonight!
  • Magikf1ngers

9pm here on the Left Coast. Imagine me studying until 3:30 am, setting an alarm, and dragging my butt out of bed, making coffee, and sitting down to kill time until 9am only to find out that it releases at 9pm.

383ecc8afd8d21a502ed92ebfcfc060a615a644993bad9b127755f7c60d54582.jpg

• Hrafn-Fel

9pm here on the Left Coast. Imagine me studying until 3:30 am, setting an alarm, and dragging my butt out of bed, making coffee, and sitting down to kill time until 9am only to find out that it releases at 9pm.

383ecc8afd8d21a502ed92ebfcfc060a615a644993bad9b127755f7c60d54582.jpg

Lol I've done something close a few times before. Yeah cause I didnt learn the 1st time..
  • Hrafn-Fel
    So much fun playing again took me a few to remember new controls. My pretty much only complaint is the classes dont seem to have been balanced imo. Assault is still really strong at everything. Medic is ok but extremely short on ability gadgets. Support at low levels at least feel weak and very little ammo for LMGs. 25 ammo clip for a LMG weapon when SMG gets the same or more. I haven't looked throughly to see if LMGs get increased ammo perks. At a glance they all seem to be recoil and rate of fire.
  • Magikf1ngers
    So much fun playing again took me a few to remember new controls. My pretty much only complaint is the classes dont seem to have been balanced imo. Assault is still really strong at everything. Medic is ok but extremely short on ability gadgets. Support at low levels at least feel weak and very little ammo for LMGs. 25 ammo clip for a LMG weapon when SMG gets the same or more. I haven't looked throughly to see if LMGs get increased ammo perks. At a glance they all seem to be recoil and rate of fire.

I'm not sure - I've only played support so far. I'm working through the assignments, I'll do Assault next, then Recond, then Medic. I'm doing it in that order because, if the Beta is any indication, once I'm in as Medic, I won't want to switch for a while.

It's fun though - love playing as SL when I have a good squad. Tanks are a KICK! Haven't flown yet, though.

• Magikf1ngers
    So - now that I've played it a bit more:

1. LOVE IT. It brings back what Battlefield was before they baby-proofed it in BF: 1. In fact, some of these epic battles remind me of the original feeling with BF 1942. That makes me happy.
    2. Tanks are a kick - support kit is a kick - medic is a kick. That's as far as I got, despite what I posted earlier. (Total side note here: This is what I'd love to see TF3 be like - Pilot ground combat with occasional vehicles instead of disposable Titans called in every two minutes. Vehicles shouldn't be disposable)
    3. Graphics are top notch - blow out every single other FPS out there right now. That's with my relatively mediocre GTX 1060 6gb and AMD 8 Core processor. I think what's saving me is my 32 gb of RAM.

Only complaint so far is about the players, not the game:

1. People trying to get around the language filter is driving me absolutely batty. I don't understand the disrespect, the blatant disregard for the racist, hate-filled language that people are putting out there. I had a match that I wound up leaving because there were two people on microphone talking like that, saying it's okay because the President said it was. This is why I'd rather run my own server - so I can ban effers like that. I dunno, maybe I'm just old, but that language just shouldn't be tolerated by anyone ever. Period.

• Hrafn-Fel
    edited November 16

Only complaint so far is about the players, not the game:

1. People trying to get around the language filter is driving me absolutely batty. I don't understand the disrespect, the blatant disregard for the racist, hate-filled language that people are putting out there. I had a match that I wound up leaving because there were two people on microphone talking like that, saying it's okay because the President said it was. This is why I'd rather run my own server - so I can ban effers like that. I dunno, maybe I'm just old, but that language just shouldn't be tolerated by anyone ever. Period.

Haven't had that issue cause no chat log for ps4. Probably better that way everyone is just playing and not messing with douchery.

Also yes graphics are great even on consoles they are amazing.
  • Hrafn-Fel
    Also I found that support has MMG class it has a larger ammo pool. Issue is that you cant ADS when standing or moving. The hip fire is terrible with insane spread. I probably kill 1 out of 10 people i sneak up on at close range. If they see me before I get a chance to shoot its over I might as well sneak off.
  • Magikf1ngers
    Also I found that support has MMG class it has a larger ammo pool. Issue is that you cant ADS when standing or moving. The hip fire is terrible with insane spread. I probably kill 1 out of 10 people i sneak up on at close range. If they see me before I get a chance to shoot its over I might as well sneak off.

Yep - the HMG has no hip fire accuracy at all, but you can suppress. I have gotten kills, but it's just sheer luck. That's why, if I'm carrying the one I've got, I'll find a dropped SMG and exchange my pistol for it, kind of like I will in TF2 - I'll trade my pistol off in many cases for something else I find dropped, depending on my primary.

• Hrafn-Fel

Yep - the HMG has no hip fire accuracy at all, but you can suppress. I have gotten kills, but it's just sheer luck. That's why, if I'm carrying the one I've got, I'll find a dropped SMG and exchange my pistol for it, kind of like I will in TF2 - I'll trade my pistol off in many cases for something else I find dropped, depending on my primary.

Never thought of switching out pistol. Tbh I've never tried so didnt know you could. I wish you could at least ads even if high recoil.
  • Magikf1ngers

Never thought of switching out pistol. Tbh I've never tried so didnt know you could. I wish you could at least ads even if high recoil.

Old trick from earlier BF versions. In BF2 (I think) my go-to was to spawn with an M-60, and then pick up the M-95 sniper (Barrett .50 sniper). The M-60, when you can deploy the bipod, was amazingly accurate, so I could get in some great positions and snipe / provide covering fire. It was awesome.

I really wish they had brought back the commander option for BF: V. I loved that in 3&4.

• Hrafn-Fel
    edited November 17
    I find I like support more now with launch. I had so much fun playing medic during beta. I'm just struggling so hard with the SMGs for some reason. Normally I gravitate towards SMGs in every game I play. Cause I'm best with them but I cant kill a single person. The LMG/MMG I can at least defend myself while giving support.
  • Magikf1ngers
    Yeah, I'm really liking support - medic hasn't flown the flag yet.

Have you tried the war stories? I've done the first two so far - they kick behind all over the war stories from BF: 1 - much more engaging to me. Plus - the second one relies heavily on stealth - and that's my gig, I love being sneaky in games. I may try to level up Recon so I can start doing that - the problem is, so many people associate recon = sniper, and that shouldn't be the case.

• Hrafn-Fel

Have you tried the war stories? I've done the first two so far - they kick behind all over the war stories from BF: 1 - much more engaging to me. Plus - the second one relies heavily on stealth - and that's my gig, I love being sneaky in games. I may try to level up Recon so I can start doing that - the problem is, so many people associate recon = sniper, and that shouldn't be the case.

I've just done the big 64 man battles that all so far. Maybe that's why SMGs feel bad cause not doing the infantry focused stuff.
  • Magikf1ngers

I've just done the big 64 man battles that all so far. Maybe that's why SMGs feel bad cause not doing the infantry focused stuff.

That's all I've done for MP - mainly as either Medic or Support. I'm going to get in game here a little later tonight and try my hand as Recon. See if I can't do something unexpected enough with it that I catch the other team off-hand and use it as a Recon class instead of Sniper. I wish folks would realize that there's a difference in the two.

• Hrafn-Fel
    I did a little better with medic today but was ruff. I changed to support and did a lot better with the MMG. Had to change to assault to take out tanks and was a whole different ball game. It was just easy mode slaughtering at all ranges. The assault gadgets are really helpful for all situations.

I did notice that medic doesnt get really any unique gadgets. The smoke launcher is terrible and smoke doesn't last long. The trip mine is nice but all classes get it. I hope they can get more gadgets for medic and maybe another weapon type. They also nerfed the smoke grenade imo. The smoke isnt very thick like it was in beta. It also covered a larger area in beta. I hope they can get the medic gadgets and tools back in decent shape.
  • Magikf1ngers
    So - I just figured out I can change the support from Engineer to Machine Gunner.

That, among other things, makes it so that any enemy troops that get suppressed by your fire spots the enemy troops.

I accidentally figured this out during a match when I was trying out a new weapon I unlocked - and it literally turned the battle around for us. After we won, there was a bunch of comments about "Wow, whoever was spotting - that was awesome!"

They do really need to shore up the Medic class. It feels vastly underpowered right now.