Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Issue with HDR @ 4k (possibly solved)

ViETNOW_exe
1 postsPosts: 5
edited September 7
Processor (CPU): Intel i7 8700K
Graphics Card (GPU): Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

With the latest drivers 399.07, I noticed that while HDR is enabled via Windows Display Setttings, and my TV is set to Game Mode, the colors of the text/gui/hud look almost inverted and slightly too pixelated. Also, some colors in-game become distorted. Like when an explosion from a grenade, the colors will turn purple. This only happens with HDR enabeld AND when my TV is in game mode running at native 3840x2160. Now when i set my tv to generic mode, the colors return to normal. If i use a custom resolution of 3840x2159, the colors return to normal even while the TV is still in game mode. If i disable HDR, and set the game resolution to native 3840x2160, the colors return to normal. This only happens in TF2. I have not seen the game updated in a while but so it could be a driver and/or Windows update issue, but since it only happens in TF2, i felt it was right to post here.

CORRECTION:
No isolated to TF2, happened in DOOM as well, set the res to 2159p, and it worked fine. Seems Windows related.
i7 6700k @4.6Ghz
Asus Sabertooth Z170
16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator @2400Mhz
GTX 1080 FE @2.1Ghz w/c
256GB SSD
550GB RAID 0; WD Velociraptors
1200w Corsair Gold PSU
and a keyboard