Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

The final straw on the death of the EPG

I see the capacity has been reduced from 8 to 5. The last nerf almost ruined the weapon - big damage reduction. Cutting back to only 5 rounds has killed the weapon.....SAD! It's bad enough you can only typically get one shot off versus any other weapon before you're dead due to the very slow cycle time.

Suggestions to make it a useable weapon again....like is USE TO BE:

- decrease cycle time slightly, should be able to get 2 shots off versus mg
- increase the blast radius - you nerfed it too much
- clip should be 10 rounds

Comments

• RedShield75
    1179 postsPosts: 1,257 ✭✭✭
    Was this a recent change? Becuase this sounds like they just made it more skill-based, which sounds like what it should be.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Magikf1ngers
    4096 postsPosts: 4,136 mod
    I see the capacity has been reduced from 8 to 5. The last nerf almost ruined the weapon - big damage reduction. Cutting back to only 5 rounds has killed the weapon.....SAD! It's bad enough you can only typically get one shot off versus any other weapon before you're dead due to the very slow cycle time.

Suggestions to make it a useable weapon again....like is USE TO BE:

- decrease cycle time slightly, should be able to get 2 shots off versus mg
    - increase the blast radius - you nerfed it too much
    - clip should be 10 rounds

In other words - change it from a skilled, precision weapon back into a spam weapon again? No thanks.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • xnarcosysx
    1829 postsPosts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭
    Was this a recent change? Becuase this sounds like they just made it more skill-based, which sounds like what it should be.
    @Magikf1ngers
    @RedShield75

Do you think that thing isn't already skill based? The splash damage before took 2-3 shots to kill, reducing it to 3 or 4 makes it near unusable unless you can get a direct hit weigh a slow firing and traveling projectile.
  • RedShield75
    1179 postsPosts: 1,257 ✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    xnarcosysx wrote: »
    @Magikf1ngers
    @RedShield75

Do you think that thing isn't already skill based? The splash damage before took 2-3 shots to kill, reducing it to 3 or 4 makes it near unusable unless you can get a direct hit weigh a slow firing and traveling projectile.

I mean, it wasn't that hard. Any goon with two thumbs was able to easily get kills with it. The projectile is pretty big, so its not that hard to use if you know how to use it.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Magikf1ngers
    4096 postsPosts: 4,136 mod
    xnarcosysx wrote: »
    @Magikf1ngers
    @RedShield75

Actually - yeah. 2-3 shots within a radius to get splash damage on a target isn't that hard to do. 3-4 would up the ante a bit, but not be impossible. Besides - do you realize how many people have mastered the art of getting a direct hit with it?
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • cosmicturtle333
    3052 postsPosts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you didn't just take extra ammo off? Hasn't it always been 5 with 3 more when using extra ammo?
    Professional armchair developer