Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Matchmaking time

Pezhan
postsPosts: 1
Hi guys.
i have to many minutes to enter in a match, over 20-30 minutes and no matchmacking.

Anyone whit the same problema?

Comments

• nouai
    3 postsPosts: 4
    Periodically, I have increase in matchmaking time from 4-6m up to 13m.
    And this is not so annoying as reset of this timer at end, so it may take 15m instead of 4-6m to beginning of the match.
    I think, the problem is in number of active servers. Maybe they (Respawn) don't have enough scale to provide an access to the match, because a lot of players already fighting on all maps (all dedicated servers are busy), but this should not be an excuse.
    I think, normal way to fix this is to add more VMs when load is critical.
    This is my guess. The problem may be somewere else.
  • xLaki30x
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Hello guys, this will be my first comment now on titanfall 2, It is really bad we pay for game that we need wait for 20 minutes game, they need change matchmaking because this is madly, they can change something, they can put every day one mode to play player agents player,CTF, titan vs Titan, but every day one mode that people dont need to wait, or put games that have time 45 minuts and put every body to join in that game and OFc auto signs to team, and when you are bored with game you leave out and than it calculate your XP with time in game what you spend, and how much achievements you get. Because we DON T WANT TO WAIT 20 MINUTS for game.
  • Magikf1ngers
    3926 postsPosts: 3,963 mod
    So - guys - this is because you're getting into a game that has been around since October of 2016. Respawn stopped new content support in October of 2017, and all support in December of 2017.

Player base is on the decline, so the issue is that there's not enough players, so the odd-person out has to wait. It sucks - but it is what it is for this amount of time after launch. The first Titanfall was worse about this.

I understand it's frustrating - but the game is awesome, and the wait is worth it. At least in my opinion.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • ensc1
    630 postsPosts: 644 ✭✭✭
    edited June 1
    xLaki30x wrote: »
    Hello guys, this will be my first comment now on titanfall 2, It is really bad we pay for game that we need wait for 20 minutes game, they need change matchmaking because this is madly, they can change something, they can put every day one mode to play player agents player,CTF, titan vs Titan, but every day one mode that people dont need to wait, or put games that have time 45 minuts and put every body to join in that game and OFc auto signs to team, and when you are bored with game you leave out and than it calculate your XP with time in game what you spend, and how much achievements you get. Because we DON T WANT TO WAIT 20 MINUTS for game.

I agree with you. And it is not just that the game has been out awhile. It is the structure change, using "Networks" instead of lobbies. It would be OK if it took awhile to get in the first game if once you got one you knew you would just stay with that group and jump to the next game right after it and so on... (which is how TF1 did it). However with TF2, you wait very long, maybe get 1 game, then have to wait long all over again. That is why I don't play it more. Right now I am so frustrated with TF1 because of the rediculously fast speed hackers and the fact that I can't get a game of Campaign anymore (and therefore can't play Hardpoint which I love). I would totally switch and play exclusively TF2 at this point if it had the lobby system and I could just play Amped Hardpoint games back to back to back.
    I understand it's frustrating - but the game is awesome, and the wait is worth it. At least in my opinion.

Absolutely not! Nothing is worth that. You know how I feel about TF1 and I would not accept this in that game either. It is just rediculous that I can get in a game of TF1 that is over 4 years old and barely has any users left any time I want within 5 minutes, but have to sit there for over 30 minutes sometimes and still not get a game in TF2.

• Magikf1ngers
    It's amazing. I jump in and almost always get in a game within 5 minutes for multiplayer. I have everything selected but the Pilot vs Pilot modes.

@ensc1 - you've said before that all you have selected is AHP. That's not as popular of a mode. Funny thing is - when I join to play - I almost always get AHP, LTS, or the rare Bounty Hunt. Usually within 5 minutes, 10 on the outside if I'm not during peak hours. If I'm just shooting for FD Hard / Master, it can be longer.

I don't know why experiences are so varied. I'm just not seeing the issue on the Oregon data centers for the PC.

..and having it be worth the wait? That's simply a matter of opinion. Going by the content and tone of your posts, it doesn't surprise me that you feel that way. For me, it's just too easy to tab out and do something else until I hear the sound of joining a game.

Now - I do agree, in that I wish once you were in, it would roll you over without putting you back out to the matchmaker again. I also agree that the matchmaker is fundamentally flawed, they all are. That's not just a Respawn thing. But - facts are facts, I played four back to back matches today, got an AHP, two LTS, and an Attrition with less than 5 minutes between matches.

I'm sorry you're having that experience, but if you really want to play - open yourself up to more modes. That's all I can advise. I can see how limiting yourself to a single mode would cause excessive wait times, but that's hardly Respawn's issue. That's your choice.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Magikf1ngers
    @ensc1

I just played four matches today - mid-day PST.

Showed 1335 folks in-game on the PC.
    Less than four minutes for the first match into BH.
    Less than three minutes for the second match - AHP
    About five for the next match - Attrition
    Last match had a four minute wait into another AHP

I don't understand your wait time. I'm not doing anything special, other than having all modes except Pilot vs Pilot and Live Fire modes selected.