Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

FPS Stuttering in Multiplayer

Chairhandling
0 postsPosts: 1
edited March 8
Reporting Template:
Platform: PC
Issue: I am getting constant stuttering like the video I provided. I've done everything except post here, I've contact Origins/EA support multiple times trying to resolve it but they've sent me here.
Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
Details on how to reproduce the issue: Running the game
If you're having connectivity problems or issues in regards to lag etc. please provide the following:
Region: NA
Internet Service Provider (ISP): College internet
Connection Speed: 92.5Mbs down/93.2 upload
Screenshots or Private video links:
If you’re platform is PC, please post the following details. (Not sure your system specs? Go to Start-> Search-> type ‘Dxdiag’ -> Hit enter)
Processor (CPU): i7 6800k
Graphics Card (GPU): GTX 1080
Memory: 16GB DDR4
Operating System: Windows 10
I've done the following:
Disabled the adaptive FPS thing
Lowered everything down to low as possible but max out the VRAM usage
Clean installed drivers
Disabled Origins overlay
Gone in to Nvidia control panel and put max power to my GPU
Disabled all background programs.
And a multitude of other things as well.
I'm truly at a loss right now, I enjoy the game and would like to experience it in its' fullest potential.

Comments

• likeaboss1606
    61 postsPosts: 66
    Wow, finally someone else with this issue, had it ever since I changed my rig.
    Well, to my mind, this has something to do with the RAM/HDD. Feels like the normal stutter from overcommitted RAM or hdd not loading data into RAM fast enough.
  • Ice_
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I am having the same issue.
    It works great in Frontier Defense but playing multiplayer against other people... Meh... Stuttering. Don't know what causes it. I have well enough of resources and run the game at highest with 60+ FPS.
    As likeaboss said, it could be related to RAM/HD. I don't have the game installed on the SSD drive but should that REALLY be necessary?
  • Ice_
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I'm on Windows 10 (x64). 16 gb ram. GTX 980 TI (6gb vram) if that helps...
  • Magikf1ngers
    4335 postsPosts: 4,381 mod
    edited 6:03AM
    I'm going to preface this with - I'm not EA support, I'm a fan, just like you guys, I just have a few more hash marks on my sleeve.

My system stats:
    • AMD FX-8320 Eight core processor operating at 3.5 ghz (not overclocked at all)
    • 32 GB RAM (DDR 3 - my system's over two years old, and I don't think the MBs when I build this handled DDR4 yet)
    • GeForce GTX 1060 with 3gb RAM (pushing three displays)
    • ~500gb SSD (System drive w/MSOffice, TItanfall, and Battlefield 1 and about 400 gb free)
    • 1 tb storage drive

Runs smooth as glass at full HD, while my other two displays have other things going on - no FPS drops, etc.

The video in the original post looks like system lag. Like maybe too much is open and running in the system tray.

So, my first suggestion would be to update all of your drivers, then shut down all non-essential stuff for gaming - any instant messengers, all browser windows, all of that - music players, etc. Even if you're using Discord or something like that - shut that down. Discord can be a pig for memory.

Additionally, I'd look at freeing up hard drive space - if it's using the page file (if you have a ton of **** open), and the drive doesn't have enough room, or is borderline full, that system lag like that will cause your FPS to go wonky as it beats on your hard drive trying to use it for RAM.

Finally - depending on how old your Titanfall install is, you might consider doing a repair on it, or even uninstall it, reboot the computer, and re-install it to a new directory/folder. That way it'll write to a different part of your hard drive.

If none of that works - call EA Support. There's more I'd suggest, but I'm not going to as I'm not going to try to get hat deep into OS issues in a forum like this.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot