Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

How to fight off camping snipers.....first discussion

gh2201
0 postsPosts: 1
We've all been there, taking out some pilots, knocking down some titans, running and gunning and shooting anything that moves. Then, out of no where, the infamous crack of the sniper rifle goes off, and your lifeless body slumps over. There he is, the guy that sits back and uses his scope as his eye, the camping sniper. Every game has one, and maybe you have taken upon that role yourself. How do you combat a guy that can quite literally one shot you in the stomach and not feel threatened? Here's a few tips and tricks that you can use to try to take them out.

1. Non-combative techniques:

1.1 Let your team handle it-
So maybe you don't want to tangle with them, and you want your team to handle it. That's completely fine. But don't expect them to know what you are trying to do.

1.2 Lead your team to the sniper-
If you're playing with a team that is using a headset, simply tell them the location of the sniper and ask for someone to kill them.

2. Combative techniques:

2.1 Blow them up-
Maybe you're the type who likes to fight head on, good, here is one technique that I personally like to use. If the sniper is in a building or in a closed off area, try throwing two grenades in there to flush him out, and while he's running for his life, gun away. Eventually you will hit him with something, freeing your team of the snipers grasp (at least for now.)

2.2 Sneak up behind him-
So lets say the first plan failed and you got shot again. That's okay. Here is another combative technique, sneak up behind him and melee his butt into next spawn. Try to watch him for a little, see if you can find a pattern in the way he turns, once established and you have a plan, run up to where he is, staying below him the best you can. When you get to his location, climb up to his spot, or if he's below, fall down on top of him. When you're in range, kick him in the face and get out of there.

2.3 Unload everything you have-
So you got shot trying to go commando and this guy hasn't died yet, last plan, unload everything you got on your pilot and titan if you have too. Show this guy that not all snipers can get away with what he is doing, and now you are on to him.

Hope y'all got some info out of this, once again this is my first upload and I will try to get some more tips and tricks out. This is a learning experience and I will try to get better articles out next time. Thank you so much for at least bearing through this.

Comments

• Limonstrosity
    989 postsPosts: 1,017 ✭✭✭✭
    I think this post is better served in the Tips & Tricks portion of the General Community.

But in Attrition, just avoid the area (if he's really camping) until you get a Titan.
    XBL GT - Limonade [TF2 Rank: G43.09 | TF1 Rank: G1 Level 50]
    Origins: Limonstrosity
  • Magikf1ngers
    4484 postsPosts: 4,537 mod
    I must say - if you think this is the first discussion on it .. yeah, no.

Second - best counter of a camping sniper is to either A: leave the area, or B: use your microphone to co-ordinate with your team and take him out.

Problem solved.

Though - I also use @Limonstrosity provided solution as well.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    gh2201 wrote: »
    Hope y'all got some info out of this, once again this is my first upload and I will try to get some more tips and tricks out. This is a learning experience and I will try to get better articles out next time. Thank you so much for at least bearing through this.

You even called it a 'tips and tricks'!
    The best way to deal with a camping sniper, is to become one yourself. Be a sniper for a while, few days, a week. Learn the motions, find the weaknesses. When satisfied, drop the load out and go back to what you did before. Next time you find someone camping as a sniper, just exploit those weaknesses.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • RedShield75

Second - best counter of a camping sniper is to either A: leave the area, or B: use your microphone to co-ordinate with your team and take him out.

Problem solved.

@Magikf1ngers
    I think what they meant by 'first discussion' was that it was their first discussion on the forums, not the first discussion on this topic. (my evidence is in their concluding statements)
  • Magikf1ngers
    4484 postsPosts: 4,537 mod

Problem solved.

@Magikf1ngers
    I think what they meant by 'first discussion' was that it was their first discussion on the forums, not the first discussion on this topic. (my evidence is in their concluding statements)

Hah - yeah, no offense to the OP - but my eyes sorta glazed over and I didn't read the whole post. Sniper hunting is one of my favorite things, so I tend not to fully read things because, when I do, I'm usually either already using the tactics, or they're not as effective as the poster thinks they are.

My bad, though - you're correct - his first post ever, so - @gh2201 - WELCOME!! Seriously - glad you're here. This is a good place to talk about things, both here in the Tricks & Tips area, and in the general discussion.

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    As a sniper... the best thing is to counter snipe those camping snipers!

like the colony tower one match. Saw some guys deliberately camping there, so went into the wilderness map outskirts. Zoomed my DMR. Then Head shots.

Was rather funny to... because allot of the tactics the op says they tried to use on me. But I expected and practiced to counter them.

Cloak + Satchels + Silenced pistol + low profile. They rushed me. Set off my pre-layed satchels. They tried to flank, I just cloak and use mobility to snipe them from a different fall back. The almost got me but the I warped falled my titan. Suprise!

So got a message from the them.. "Nice game camper" I wish I could send them the clip of me slowly head shotting them while they camp the crows nest; but waiting to watch their panic as they communicated via mics... "Whattafut, our a waller is dead. Thats Impossible. What snippy got clipped now! Sheeet! Where are the shots comming from!"
  • Player_dt647wt9
    252 postsPosts: 270 ✭✭✭
    I just harass them with automatic fire. If I don't kill em, I make that spot un-safe and they move
  • BachPatu
    22 postsPosts: 32
    You can also launch softballs at them (Can't think of the weapon off hand) or youcan launch mags at them with the MGL too

You may not get them BUT you'll AT LEAST.....

1). Make them REAL nervous
    2). Alert your teammates as to their whereabouts

If you're lucky enough to deploy a sentry or turret in time before getting caught (Either by the sniper or another pilot or titan), you can also use THAT to kill an enemy sniper too (But you've gotta make sure you deploy it someplace where the sniper IS VIEWABE & IN RANGE !! Otherwise, it's USELESS !!)

BP
  • RedShield75
    BachPatu wrote: »
    You can also launch softballs at them (Can't think of the weapon off hand) or youcan launch mags at them with the MGL too

You may not get them BUT you'll AT LEAST.....

1). Make them REAL nervous
    2). Alert your teammates as to their whereabouts

If you're lucky enough to deploy a sentry or turret in time before getting caught (Either by the sniper or another pilot or titan), you can also use THAT to kill an enemy sniper too (But you've gotta make sure you deploy it someplace where the sniper IS VIEWABE & IN RANGE !! Otherwise, it's USELESS !!)

BP

It's called the Softball.
  • r4bidweinerdog
    7 postsPosts: 9
    edited January 22
    You guys slay me, if they are good, and I am, that's 13 to 18 pilot kills a game. Nothing better than a single shot while y'all are wall climbing or a multiple kill when y'all line up just right... Oh and let's not forget a kick in your teeth when you think you've snuck up on me... B)
  • RedShield75
    You guys slay me, if they are good, and I am, that's 13 to 18 pilot kills a game. Nothing better than a single shot while y'all are wall climbing or a multiple kill when y'all line up just right... Oh and let's not forget a kick in your teeth when you think you've snuck up on me... B)

Only 13 to 18 kills in a match? Camping really is not rewarded.
  • Finglonga1
    17 postsPosts: 18
    There is nowhere they can hide, when they kill you there is a clip of your death so you can see exactly where they are. If you get shot by them again then you only have yourself to blame. I do it to annoy people and the amount of people that don't spot me from the clip or never look up is amazing.
  • majormasingil
    261 postsPosts: 275 ✭✭✭
    I usually run a Charge Rifle. I just find a good counter spot and try to get them with that. If the sniper is on to me, I grab a G2 and get the SOB