Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

bouncy legs

Hi all I have a problem, I move around so slow i'm surprised I don't leave a slime trail like a snail. How do you get the pilot with the metal bouncy legs. I see these guys running bouncing and clearing buildings in one bound while I'm stuck in treacle. :p

Comments

• RedShield75
    1294 postsPosts: 1,380 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'm not sure if you are referring to Stim, which is a tactical that increases your speed and gives health for a short time, or bhopping, which requires disciplined movement and timing to maintain momentum, or air strafing, the almost unnoticeable from third person version of bhopping, where you rock side to side to gain momentum. (bhopping and air strafing are both bugs in Source)
    You should try:
    Wall running
    Sliding
    Stim
    Wall running allows you to gain a small speed boost, and then jumping off and going through the air is faster than walking. Sliding gives a bit of a boost before slowing you, so time it right and cancel it at the right time
    Stim is the tactical with the green image, use it for a temporary speed boost
    Look up Titanfall 2 bhopping guides online, its hard on PC at first, but if you get it down to muscle memory it become second nature. On Consoles, I've heard its too hard to do effectively.
    The jist of it is you wall run, (so you can move fast) then jump, (make sure to have slide set to "toggle" in the settings) toggle slide, and when you hit the ground jump again immediately followed by re-toggling crouch, if you did it right your gun will stay in the crouch position and you will kind of bounce off the ground. Just repeat this jumping + sliding until you are good at it. Make sure that once you start, you stop hitting your forwards key/button/stick movement, as that will slow you down for some reason. To air strafe, do the above, and when moving hold down left or right, and move your camera left, or right, respectively. Every time you bounce switch directions you are holding down (so if you were holding down left and looking left, now hold down right and look right), but don't look drastically, just slowly drift the camera in the direction you want. This will speed you up, but make sure you master bhopping first. (make sure to look up guides for better explanations and visuals)
    Is this helpful?
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • 14stoneman
    2 postsPosts: 3
    Thanks for the reply RedShield 75 no not really I was actually talking about the physical prosthetic limbs some pilots have that seem to enable awesome movement . I guess it's a level thing, will have to persevere. Thanks anyway.
  • The pilots with the prosthetic limbs are the Stim and Phase Shift pilots. These are the only pilot types that have these limbs.
  • RedShield75
    14stoneman wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply RedShield 75 no not really I was actually talking about the physical prosthetic limbs some pilots have that seem to enable awesome movement . I guess it's a level thing, will have to persevere. Thanks anyway.

Stim should get unlocked in one of the first few levels. As I recall, its level 7? I don't remember. it was easier back when some of my stuff got reset by regenerating. (now I own all that stuff, so nothing gets reset)
    I'd still highly recommend learning to bhop.
  • TheMightyM0
    434 postsPosts: 457 ✭✭✭
    Bhopping isn't impossible on console, but you do need to use some really fancy fingerwork or have the elite controllers with the paddles on the bottom. I do it all the time.
  • Hi all yeah thanks to all who replied yes it's stim of course, that's not something I would normally have used so I didn't twig on for a while. Got it now though thanks again. Did try Bhopping not too much of a problem to master. Still having problems though with not being as fast as other players or being able to jump anywhere near as high or as far, but hey who said life was fair.
  • RedShield75
    14stoneman wrote: »
    Hi all yeah thanks to all who replied yes it's stim of course, that's not something I would normally have used so I didn't twig on for a while. Got it now though thanks again. Did try Bhopping not too much of a problem to master. Still having problems though with not being as fast as other players or being able to jump anywhere near as high or as far, but hey who said life was fair.

Moving quickly all comes with experience.