Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Respawn is making a first person combat experience for VR

cosmicturtle333
2878 postsPosts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 11

http://www.respawn.com/oculus

I imagine they will likely be using the rumoured, cancelled Medal of Honor assets that they were supposedly working on.
"the OP master of this community" - DoomestosCZ March 22, 2017 12:17AM

Comments

• alfen1980_Nor
    93 postsPosts: 98
    Kinda psyched about this :smile: Have been waiting for VR to become what it has the potential to be, but also afraid this would affect the Titanfall franchise / games that have a higher speed/ motion than what we humans are build for, IE motion sickness etc I'm afraid those type of games will fade out and "boots on the ground games" will be in the developers focus...
  • SnakeSound222
    129 postsPosts: 137
    Please let this a Titanfall VR game where you are controlling a Titan for the entire game.
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    469 postsPosts: 587 Community Manager
    Please let this a Titanfall VR game where you are controlling a Titan for the entire game.

Nope. The VR game is not related to Titanfall or Star Wars.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • laddie13
    272 postsPosts: 297 mod
    Interesting. @Jayfresh_Respawn has stated on Reddit that they aren’t talking about it just yet, but it’s not Titanfall or Star Wars.

I was worried about VR and motion sickness, but I’ve not experienced any. I have the PSVR and there is an arena Mech game called Rigs, I had to adjust a little bit it’s pretty cool. There’s another Mech game called Archangel, that really gives you the feeling of being in a giant robot, although it’s not fast paced.

I’m disappointed Respawn’s VR game is a partnership with Oculus, which means I’ll never get to play it.
  • xIK0N88x
    687 postsPosts: 719 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of VR.. was never a fan of 3D either. I'm sure it will be awesome though, it's Respawn at the end of the day.
    Have you heard about Titanfall Tuesday? CLICK HERE to find out!
    Twitter ~ Titanfall2sDay
    PS4 Community ~ Search "Titanfall Tuesday"
    XBL Club ~ Search "Titanfall Tuesday"
  • laddie13
    272 postsPosts: 297 mod
    xIK0N88x wrote: »
    Not a fan of VR.. was never a fan of 3D either. I'm sure it will be awesome though, it's Respawn at the end of the day.

I wasn’t a fan of 3D either, but VR is on a different level. I was skeptical about it, but I’m super enthusiastic and impressed with VR. I was kind of getting bored with video games in general, the PSVR kind of rekindled my love of gaming.

Sorry @Jayfresh_Respawn my response was written before you replied here, but I was having issues posting it.
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    469 postsPosts: 587 Community Manager
    No worries @laddie13 !

In case you folks haven't seen this, [my bad for not posting it with my first response] Peter [the game's Director] wrote a short blog with the announcement - http://www.respawn.com/oculus

The reverence and passion that he has for the project plus Respawn dev culture is genuinely exciting. There's a lot of dumb, gimmicky stuff that has been in VR but when you get to experience a game or space or whatever done right it's magical. I think the team is going to do something special with it.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn