Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Phase Shift Tips & Trick for Offensive Play ?

RaulSchalke04
51 postsPosts: 63
edited September 2017
As the title said, any tips for offensive play?

Often if I use PS for offensive, experienced players can predict where I come out and I would be dead short after. Also I just know that PS was nerfed, didnt have 2 charge as it used to be. For now it serve very well to escape difficult situation but for offensive I find it very hard to use.

Comments

• OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    I like to think of ps as a teleport ability, it's just you have to teleport yourself via mobility. You get the most out of the ability when using it during wall run chains or slide dodging, because you're moving not shooting, and the speed of your movement makes the ghost trail harder for enemies to see / track. So can use it to aggressively rush through enemy lines so that you re-appear behind the enemy line and can shoot people in the back.

Tactics depend if the enemy sees you phase or not. It's easier to track a phase you saw than spot one you didn't. I prefer to phase behind cover then use mobility to push into enemy territory (wall runs) so that I reappear behind people that maybe expecting enemies to be trafficking through that lane.

I can also fake an escape by letting foes see me phase shift, while I reload a weapon / cook a frag grenade / charge up the charge rifle / pre-fire the devotion so that when I re-immerge I can suprise foes. I have more success with frag cooking tactic than I do with other weapons to be honest.

Ticks are also rather nice with PS. If a foe is chasing you can toss a tick then phase. The foe will likely be trying to wait for you to emerge and not react to the tick in time. Alternatively, the tick may distract the foe so that you can kill them when you re-emerge from PS.

Finally, PS is rather nice with warp fall titans. If you time things right you can set your titan to drop on a point then lure a titan to melee you, then PS. They wait, and get blown up by the warpfall titan. Similarly can do this when rodeoing and enemies use the crouch in smoke to kill you. Set titan to drop, jump, phase, kills foe, immediately embark into titan to escape enemy smoke.
  • RaulSchalke04
    51 postsPosts: 63
    edited September 2017
    @OdysseyHome

Tried the your loadout recommendation.

Frag is great, I combine it with ordnance expert because I want to git gud at using ordnance. This is the first ordnance that has significant impact in killing enemies.

For Tick boost.... I still havent got any knack in using this... Any strategy in using this boost? for closed space? or toss it around anywhere. Sometimes I see the tick exploded even when they are not close enough to the target (this is when enemies throws Tick at me). Ive killed enemies twice with tick, but I think its pure luck.

Some question about the Tick:
    1.Can the explosion of our Ticks kill ourself?
    2.Is it specifically targeting Pilots? or also grunts and Titan?
    3.If we shoot our own Tick would it explode? and if it explode can it kill enemies?
  • OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    @OdysseyHome

Tried the your loadout recommendation.

Frag is great, I combine it with ordnance expert because I want to git gud at using ordnance. This is the first ordnance that has significant impact in killing enemies.

For Tick boost.... I still havent got any knack in using this... Any strategy in using this boost? for closed space? or toss it around anywhere. Sometimes I see the tick exploded even when they are not close enough to the target (this is when enemies throws Tick at me). Ive killed enemies twice with tick, but I think its pure luck.

Some question about the Tick:
    1.Can the explosion of our Ticks kill ourself?
    2.Is it specifically targeting Pilots? or also grunts and Titan?
    3.If we shoot our own Tick would it explode? and if it explode can it kill enemies?

Not sure but i think ticks can kill yourself like other ordinance; hence why PS is a good ability to use with them. They track any enemy target so minions, titans, and pilots. They also have a life time from landing so will auto destruct if they don't find a target.

I like them in pvp because they can act like a compass pointing to the nearest enemy pilot.

Tips for using them are if a foe is chasing you and is close you can run away toss the tick at your feet then phase. The target in their chase is too close to the tick and likely will die.

Ticks are best used in buildings like you asked because it limits the enemies capacity to escape. If foes are hurting from a frag or being shot they'll have difficulty reacting to the tick and accidental detonation will likely kill them.

Think of them as homing frags. Toss them at foes so the disc lands close and behind them and the tick will sneak up behind them while your using PS to make foes wait for your return.