Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Sales down 58%. New shooter crashes.

DockerAl
864 postsPosts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
Retail stores have been left holding unsold copies of the latest shooter game as it crashes to sell 58% less than the first instalment sold at retail.

The game has been reported to perform at only half the accepted 'frame rate' for a modern video game.

It is now anticipated that heavy discounting of the 'Space Shooter' will occur as retailers try to shift unwanted stock.

Those that have purchased the game are said to be upset at being pressured to spend real world cash on in game 'silver' and other 'items'.

Anyone still keen to buy the failed product is urged to wait for the now inevitable mass discounting, as retailers try to shift millions of unwanted discs.
Declared the "Balance Guru" by the community!

Comments

• lamb_EAOrigin
    682 postsPosts: 719 ✭✭✭
    What is this?
    I mean, it's obviously D2 related, but reads like Chinese propaganda. On other ends, you hear how successful the game is. Not to mention this should be moved to off topic.

However, if true, i would welcome it. Sick of Games charging for the game and addons and cosmeticss and even having purchasable ingame boosts. Especially in the case of Destiny 1, that pricing / content relation and how they handled the transition to the taken king was just ridiculous. Either it was never seen greed or letting their interns being in charge of monetizing. I would be glad for such a backlash.
  • ProjectBangarang
    3329 postsPosts: 3,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it. I don't feel the pressure to buy in game currency personally.

However I will say that the matchmaking is worse than Titanfall 2 in my experience both team balance and joining games in progress/wait times are worse than Titanfall 2 in my experience.

Also the supers are ridiculous and if you join a game in progress your super starts at zero progress. At least in Titanfall if you join in progress your titan meter is partially built to account for time.
    "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • cosmicturtle333
    2935 postsPosts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is physical copies only that are down 58%. Digital sales have increased in that time.

Destiny 1 released in 2014. Destiny 2 released in 2017.

Game sales in 2014 were 61% digital. 69% digital in 2015. 74% digital in 2016.
    One can estimate that digital game sales in 2017 will be around 78%. That's a difference of 17%.

That accounts for some of the 58% reduction.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/190225/digital-and-physical-game-sales-in-the-us-since-2009/

They just had 1.2 million concurrent users (at 6am PST).
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/10/16283336/destiny-2-concurrent-players-million

This in no way means that Destiny is selling poorly. It is more of an observation of changes in gamer purchasing choices rather than which games they are choosing.

There are also a tonne of contributing factors that could lead to overstocking of Destiny 2. For example initial stocking is based on Pre-Orders. If there was a larger than expected number of pre-orders relative to actual sales then that could mess with the stock levels.

And then there's the possibility that this is all just fake news. "Come buy Destiny 2 in our store!!! Massive discounts!!! We bought too much stock and now we have to slash the prices!!! How much is Destiny 2? I don't know because I've got ants in my eyes!!! So come down to Ants-In-My-Eyes-Johnson's Gamestop!!!!!!!"
    "the OP master of this community" - DoomestosCZ March 22, 2017 12:17AM
  • Hrafn-Fel
    3333 postsPosts: 3,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it. I don't feel the pressure to buy in game currency personally.

However I will say that the matchmaking is worse than Titanfall 2 in my experience both team balance and joining games in progress/wait times are worse than Titanfall 2 in my experience.

Also the supers are ridiculous and if you join a game in progress your super starts at zero progress. At least in Titanfall if you join in progress your titan meter is partially built to account for time.

Yeah who ever @DockerAl got his info is misleading. You dont have to spend money on silver they give you free store pack every time you level up.

Matchmaking seems fine to me Ive won almost every pvp match I get into. The ones I loose is in competitive my pug group vs a clan pre-made and its fairly even till the end.

I can see if you arent use to supers they could seem dumb. But they are there to expand your class more and give you a mini god mode. Yes the join and its 0 on the bar is dumb its like that in the 1st.

But destiny 2 is a much better game from the 1st. You can see everyone is liking it and lots of times servers are at Max Capacity and you gotta wait for a slot. They made many new adjustments to a the users that was not in the firsta the user's that was not in the first one. Like if you get dc'd or anything you now go back into your match or planet when you get back on. That use to suck when you had to start all over before.

The game runs flawless for me and is so much fun. Ive had 5 people buy it yesterday after watching me play. Heck 2 bought ps4 pro just to play it with best graphics. My brother in-law is even planning to buy another pro for hos wife to play. He is super picky and hates most video games and hes gonna buy a 2nd pro and 2 game to play D2.