Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Matchmaking penalty in frontier defense.

sage11x
1 postsPosts: 2
So... if I'm alone in FD because all the other randoms dropped and I'm in hard dificulty or above and decide to quit instead of wasting my time I get put in time out for 4 minutes? That's kind of a **** move Respawn.

Comments

• mcplot
    1 postsPosts: 1
    I agree. I get into a game where the other 3 players were using **** sniper riffels. The harvister was half gone in the first god **** wave. Why the **** would I wanted to stay around for that bull ****?
  • A time penalty after leaving single match is unecessary to the point where id rather turn the game off than wait
  • I go through entire games with two or three people because empty spots are rarely filled and i am sometimes forced to use a titan i didnt want to because other players titans matched up poorly leading to obvious defeat-im put into that situation more often than not. If the matchmaking would fill empty slots even a smidge more efficiently it would help

The penalty makes sense but is harsh in relation to most other multiplayer games ive played(which dont even start without the teams being full) but it would make more sense if it happened after leaving a predetermined number of games or if the player quits multiple games within a short period of time
  • nine01nugs
    5 postsPosts: 5
    edited September 2017
    A preset lineup would keep the games from being mismatched, such as having 3 northstars and 1 ion. For instance if we could choose the titan we want before searching for a match and we were assigned to teams based on the titan type, like 2 tanks and 2 roamer/support titans or 1 tank and 3 other titan types-it would prevent the need to quit the match.

Another simple idea would be to negate the penalty altogether as long as someone quits before the match starts, that way if someone wanted to leave because there is a terrible titan match up(or they have to pee, phone rings, house is on fire, etc) they can do so without affecting anything as long as it holds off on beginning each match until full and complete teams were formed
  • I left a game during the accolades after we had won and it locked me out for 4 minutes...really? Its like youre begging me to stop playing. WEAK
  • hakushyo
    7 postsPosts: 8
    if you guys are alert some players have computer crashes and not drop out intentionally...... im one of the poor sods.... every 3 frontier i play i drop out 1 cause of com crashing and respawn is not fixing it...
  • jonammann
    9 postsPosts: 12
    It was a well intentioned idea, but it doesn't work. After I dropped out of losing match, that others were dropping out of, the penalty kicked in and I went and played another game.
  • I have been playing since November last year. I very rarely drop out of a game but it happens. I have been very loyal to respawn trying to get every person I know to play it. When I join a match in the last round of frontier defense with no retries, and my only teammate is a screaming 7 year old I'm out. That's when I found out about the 5 minute ban. As much as I love this game, It made me quit. This is the single dumbest thing I have ever seen from you respawn and it's rage inducing.
  • The game is losing players in droves. Sounds like they're going to be losing a few more over a pointless penalty. I just turn off the game when this happens. It's my game, I paid for it, if don't want to stay in a match for whatever reason I deem, I'm **** leaving it. Sort it out ffs.
  • Plus, why the **** does it make you wait so long for a game to start, just to put you in one that's half way though. What ever happened to **** lobbies. Sort your **** out Respawn
  • Yeah, I just left a game like 5 seconds early before we obviously were going to lose, and it gave me the penalty. Oh well I guess I'll watch Netflix now.
  • Same opinion, I'm penalized for da's who jump in front of you as you throw a grenade, killing yourself, or try hards who ruin and steal your kills at the last second after you have spent three magazines reducing the health, so when I've had enough and back the f out, I get penalized by a game I paid money to obtain and continue paying to play, who's idea of a grand marketing ploy was this ****?
  • Warlords24
    That is ****** up respawn what if i have to get something that could take a while i can't just go afk and there
  • Respawn logic: nake them wait 20 minutes for a game, then when they disconnect ban them for 40. This way we will get more players to play. | sounds like kixeye and respawn arw the same team.
  • Geddon95405
    171 postsPosts: 204 ✭✭✭
    respawn being stingy on dev costs right here
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    WightHero wrote: »
    The game is losing players in droves. Sounds like they're going to be losing a few more over a pointless penalty. I just turn off the game when this happens. It's my game, I paid for it, if don't want to stay in a match for whatever reason I deem, I'm **** leaving it. Sort it out ffs.

Its NOT your game, you DIDN'T pay for it. You purchased permission to play it.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Hello from March of 2018, I have just run into this problem for the first time ever in my entire life after playing this game straight for 1 and 1/2 years. I have an Aegis rank 24 for both Northstar and Scorch with a working 20 for Ronin.

Shows how dedicated I am to finishing a game. But for the first time I had to leave the match to do something for 2 minutes and when I come back I am beholden to a matchmaking penalty.

So quitting after one match of Frontier defense triggers this. Dam, that's a bit much.
  • WOW... not one comment from any dev on this ...they might be getting first aid to that foot they shot .
  • chrisjm093
    edited June 22
    I know this is an old forum now, but I just experienced this and it was Bull. Playing Frontier defense and the game glitches. No enemy’s are spawning for like 5 minutes. I get sick of waiting for the issue to resolve and dip out. 4 min ban. ****?
  • omimenace
    3 postsPosts: 3
    What kind of infantile thinking came up with this? Punishing me really? I paid you for this game and you feebally punish me for some pecieved infraction? How in the world do you judge why someone left the match? There are lots of scenarios where you should leave a match.
    1. Thugs running around as north star taking every other players tian kill? Don't understand? Allow me , Ideally you have a map and the enemy Titans are approaching from different ares and you have 4 players on a team to cover the different approaches. Well if everyone took a field of fire and worked there own area. Well that's not how it goes. One selfish player streaked his north star around the map.(I followed him doing this selfish attack). He waited until we all had worn down our enemy Titans and then he shot the last bit of health out of each enemy Titan claiming ALL the Titan kills. So I wasted my Titan health to wear down an enemy Titan just so he could claim all the kills and be MVP. So quit the game and went in played something that doesn't give my hard work to anther player that didn't work for it. Seriously the kill should go to whoever did the most damage.
    2. I was joined to a game on final wave and I was given 2600 points to buy upgrades for my Titan. Well the wave already started so I can't buy upgrades. This made me weak against the opposing enemy titans. We quickly lost the round. We had a retry. But now I lost the 2600 points,it was taken away on the retry. So now I'm weak again and no money to use for upgrades. So I went after an enemy Titan for the battery. And my thug TEAM player killed 2 Titans I was working. He stood and waited until I wore the 2 Titans down and the then hit them with em with his sword while I reloaded. Frustrated I was( imagine that) so I quit. I was penalized. So I quit and went and played something else that doesn't cheat me.
    3. I was playing hard and everyone quit. I was networking a game and the **** noobs joined a game they had no idea what they were joining. I was networking hard and master matches in an effort to not have to wait 15 minute for someone to join. My playing time is limited ba cause I have job and that makes my off time precious. Anyhoo I made a network game for hard and everyone quit within a minute of start leaving me in a untenable position. So I quit too. Well you know what happened I was punished.
    4. No enemies spawning. Then you punish me for quitting? It doesn't matter you guys have the game that I would play the most and its most fun out of all my shooters. But it's the most frustrating game I have ever played because of the crazy ideas someone has about game play. I feel like I was punished for buying it lol.

So in summing it up. Stop other players from taking my kills. Stop punishing me for quitting a lame round. Stop taking my money for a failed round. Stop punishing me for quitting lost causes. It's a great game it's a fun game the graphics are awesome the story is great. If you want more people to play it they will if you stop punishing us for **** reasons.
  • omimenace
    The game is losing players in droves. Sounds like they're going to be losing a few more over a pointless penalty. I just turn off the game when this happens. It's my game, I paid for it, if don't want to stay in a match for whatever reason I deem, I'm **** leaving it. Sort it out ffs.

• omimenace

so I know what I won't do again.
    If this is respawn and EA attitude they won't be in business long. Reputation is everything in this world. You made lots of money off us game BUYERS. I will remember these posts when I consider buying the next respawn and EAGame I already quit buying **** of duty and battlefield modern worst game of all time.

• Magikf1ngers
    4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
    omimenace wrote: »
    What kind of infantile thinking came up with this? Punishing me really? I paid you for this game and you feebally punish me for some pecieved infraction? How in the world do you judge why someone left the match? There are lots of scenarios where you should leave a match.
    1. Thugs running around as north star taking every other players tian kill? Don't understand? Allow me , Ideally you have a map and the enemy Titans are approaching from different ares and you have 4 players on a team to cover the different approaches. Well if everyone took a field of fire and worked there own area. Well that's not how it goes. One selfish player streaked his north star around the map.(I followed him doing this selfish attack). He waited until we all had worn down our enemy Titans and then he shot the last bit of health out of each enemy Titan claiming ALL the Titan kills. So I wasted my Titan health to wear down an enemy Titan just so he could claim all the kills and be MVP. So quit the game and went in played something that doesn't give my hard work to anther player that didn't work for it. Seriously the kill should go to whoever did the most damage.
    2. I was joined to a game on final wave and I was given 2600 points to buy upgrades for my Titan. Well the wave already started so I can't buy upgrades. This made me weak against the opposing enemy titans. We quickly lost the round. We had a retry. But now I lost the 2600 points,it was taken away on the retry. So now I'm weak again and no money to use for upgrades. So I went after an enemy Titan for the battery. And my thug TEAM player killed 2 Titans I was working. He stood and waited until I wore the 2 Titans down and the then hit them with em with his sword while I reloaded. Frustrated I was( imagine that) so I quit. I was penalized. So I quit and went and played something else that doesn't cheat me.
    3. I was playing hard and everyone quit. I was networking a game and the **** noobs joined a game they had no idea what they were joining. I was networking hard and master matches in an effort to not have to wait 15 minute for someone to join. My playing time is limited ba cause I have job and that makes my off time precious. Anyhoo I made a network game for hard and everyone quit within a minute of start leaving me in a untenable position. So I quit too. Well you know what happened I was punished.
    4. No enemies spawning. Then you punish me for quitting? It doesn't matter you guys have the game that I would play the most and its most fun out of all my shooters. But it's the most frustrating game I have ever played because of the crazy ideas someone has about game play. I feel like I was punished for buying it lol.

So in summing it up. Stop other players from taking my kills. Stop punishing me for quitting a lame round. Stop taking my money for a failed round. Stop punishing me for quitting lost causes. It's a great game it's a fun game the graphics are awesome the story is great. If you want more people to play it they will if you stop punishing us for **** reasons.

So - for a more rational explanation:

The player base was complaining because people were so worried about their statistics early on in Frontier Defense that they wouldn't stick around if the match was going to be a loss, so the implemented this at the request of the player base. The reasons are exactly what you outlined above. People would quit leaving teams in a lurch just because they didn't want to absorb the loss, and then new players would join and be at a disadvantage because they weren't able to build up during the previous rounds. It wasn't fair on either side of that equation. So the punishment was implemented trying to get people to stay in a game - again, at the request of the FD players.

Before coming in like this and going off half-****, maybe you should come into the general community forums and read through them, and talk to some of us that have been here since the beginning. It'll save you a lot of stress if you can understand why something was done instead of just getting mad about it.

As far as @RedShield75 and his comment - while what he said is true, technically with software, you don't buy the software itself. If you buy it on media (disk, flash drive, etc.) then you own the media and the packaging, but you're buying a license to use the software (In this case, the game). You should read the EULA sometime that you have to click "I agree" to before you install the software. That's how software has been handled since the dawn of the computer age.

However - his comment does not necessarily reflect anything from Respawn or EA. He is a Titanfall fan, just like you, me, and most others that post in here. I'm a volunteer moderator because I love the game and I want the community to flourish both while the games are new and fresh, and while we wait for the next versions to be produced by Respawn. I understand your frustration, but I also have experienced the frustration on both sides of the problem, so having something in place to deter people from quitting is better than not having anything.

I hope this helps. I'm not trying to thump on you about anything, but these forums go all the way back to before the launch of Titanfall 2, if you take some time, you can go through the discussions and find out why some things were done, and if you talk to some of us that have been around since the beginning, we can help answer some questions, too. We're more than happy to.

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot