Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

one chance

right, so this game is frankly the most frustrating one i have ever come across. not because the game is bad, but because its inconsistent. When i find a good match its great and i would play for hours if they were all like that. unfortunately 80% of the matches i end up make me want to just shut the game off. i have no interest in playing something that winds me up like that so the "git good" crowd can just go pester someone else.
my main issue is that other peoples guns seem twice as powerful as mine. i can get loads of hit markers on them and it barely makes a scratch and then they get me with a couple of shots and i am done. i watch the killcam and i rarely see any obvious cheats, it just seems like the shots they land are more powerful. it regularly happens with the same guns too as i see what kills me and i give that a whirl to see how it feels. in the killcam i see literally one or two hit markers and i am dead. so, what the **** is going on? its not like i have not given it a fair run, i am at level 50 and i have a pretty good grasp of the mechanics. my ping is sound and is below 30 the vast majority of the time and i have never seen it go over 50. in the fair matches i dont do badly and its all seems fine.
i am playing on pc. i picked the game up on origin access and while it has loads of potential i am really glad i didnt pay money for it. i am basically about done with it so i thought i would reach out once and see if that is just how the game is or if there is something to be done about it.

Comments

• Stry-Tr0n
    41 postsPosts: 48
    Improve your skill.
  • It sounds like the gun you are using could be weak.
    For me starting off, the first gun I used, from the beta on, until gen 2, was the alternater smg, which, funnily enough, seems like an appropriate answer.
    It's a high power smg with horizontal recoil, but can be tap-fired for long range engagements. It's easy to use from the hip, and ads so that should be ok. I ran this with grapple because I was too amazed at the grappling hook mechanics to not use it.
    If you prefer assault rifles I used the flatline well for a long time early on in the games lifetime. The g2 and hemlock are useful for more long range engagements too.
  • RedShield75
    162 postsPosts: 183
    right, so this game is frankly the most frustrating one i have ever come across. not because the game is bad, but because its inconsistent. When i find a good match its great and i would play for hours if they were all like that. unfortunately 80% of the matches i end up make me want to just shut the game off. i have no interest in playing something that winds me up like that so the "git good" crowd can just go pester someone else.
    my main issue is that other peoples guns seem twice as powerful as mine. i can get loads of hit markers on them and it barely makes a scratch and then they get me with a couple of shots and i am done. i watch the killcam and i rarely see any obvious cheats, it just seems like the shots they land are more powerful. it regularly happens with the same guns too as i see what kills me and i give that a whirl to see how it feels. in the killcam i see literally one or two hit markers and i am dead. so, what the **** is going on? its not like i have not given it a fair run, i am at level 50 and i have a pretty good grasp of the mechanics. my ping is sound and is below 30 the vast majority of the time and i have never seen it go over 50. in the fair matches i dont do badly and its all seems fine.
    i am playing on pc. i picked the game up on origin access and while it has loads of potential i am really glad i didnt pay money for it. i am basically about done with it so i thought i would reach out once and see if that is just how the game is or if there is something to be done about it.

First off, level 50 is an extremely low level, as most players are around generation 5, (at least thats the average in my games) which is equal to about level 250, and then I am level 1,000, and then there are other players more at 2,000. Pilots at level 50 rarely have a "good grasp of the mechanics" and at any rate it isn't as good as players in generation 15 or 32. But thats to be expected. This game is so full of the little things that its impossible to explain them because over time they kind of become hard wired into you without you noticing. The angle you want to be at with this gun vs this gun. The timing of how long to cook this nade when your opponent is this far away. The amount of lead to give this gun. The height you will gain with that wall run vs the distance. When you want to start firing.
    All the guns in the game have a really low TTK,(Time to kill) with the exception of a suppressed B3 and most anti titan weapons. If your facing problems with R-201s and R-101s, join the club we all are. Alternators can kill in 3 bullets, a skilled Cold War player can kill you before you know they are there. The Kraber is impossible to use for yourself but that other guy seems to be having no problem killing you with it without giving you a remote chance of survival. An A-wall removes all hope if placed effectively and if the lead is right the EPG has you in the grave. The trick is to simply out smart this, and thats what good players do. They move quickly , sometimes prefire their shots, hit every time, use their entire load out to their advantage, get the hang of every gun, (I don't mean using it for 10-30 minutes, I mean commitment for hours) memorize the maps so they know where to move to find their target, get the movement down right so they can go where they want to go cleanly and efficiently.
    I'm sorry to say that "git good" might be the only way. Of course, just saying "git good" would be rude and insensitive. It's experience. Their guns aren't more powerful, (unless its amped indicated by an orange cross hair) they're just know what they are doing better than you are. If you face off a gen 5 while being only a gen 1, and you both have used the same gun (say the CAR) since you started, the generation 5 is gonna whoop your butt. Here are some questions for you to think about while you play:
    When I move, do I got where I want to go?
    Am I at the optimal range for my gun in this fight?
    Am I fighting more than one person? If you are, you did something wrong.
    Do I spend the majority of the time on the ground walking? If you do, you did something wrong. Try to wall run more and stay in the air longer. Learn how to bhop there are plenty of guides on youtube so you can keep your momentum.
    Was I above or below my enemy? Try to stay above for the chance of a headshot.
    Did I face off a titan with my anti titan weapon? As a pilot, try to always use your anti titan weapon.
    When I faced off a titan as a pilot, did I make sure I was moving quickly? and I mean quickly.
    When I called down my titan did I make sure that there was no roof over head first so it would come down where I wanted it to? Sometimes it will still not come where you want it to, and its just something sucky you have to put up with.
    When I engaged a titan with my titan in combat, did I try to use all my abilities to counter their attacks while still maintaining a stream of damage on their titan? Sometimes you have to shoot, take cover, shoot, take cover. going in guns blazing is suicide if you are fighting a tone, a scorch, or a Ronin. If you see Monarch shooting blue-orange shots, watch out at this point it is practically an amped legion. If it fires extremely fast you will probably die because now its an super-amped legion that will fire these shots at twice the rate as before. If a Ronin swords blocks you, keep firing. Try to not use a core on a Ronin unless absolutely necessary. If you ever try to use Ronin, Leadwall is way more powerful than the sword, and sword block keeps you from getting hurt, but also from shooting. Scorch has one shot, aim for their feet not their face. (unless pilot in which case the shots are the size of a pilot) use the gun to trigger thermite traps or just to stack damage on fire already there. (Remember to always fire the gun unless setting up a large thermite pool)

Usually switching guns to the gun they are using is not a good idea. It tends to just hurt your self because at first glance most guns are the same, but really they have just enough difference that you have to relearn to fire almost every time you switch a gun, even if its a gun you used before. (unless you have become very skilled with that gun) Try to use one gun. Learn the ins and outs of it. Find the optimal range. Figure out the best method for getting there. Find the angle you want to be at when firing, (important for grenadier) and don't give up. When you have to confidence to switch to another gun, be ready for a terrible score for the next handful, crate-ful, yacht-ful of games. For example, I just went from using the reliable Volt, good at close to medium range, hits instantly, has an easy to get used to recoil, has a relaxing TTK, there was no guilt (R-x01s are loaded with guilt). Then I switched to the Sidewinder SMR. Range is so close that melee might be a better option. You have to be either directly following them you directily moving towards them on a collision course. Its a projectile weapon at takes a moment to reach them. It fires alot of shots fast so the slight slip up and you are reloading. It took me a few days, (I have gotten the use of the mechanics, so it was just adjusting my approach to the gun that needed to be done) and I got 19 kills with it.
  • OdysseyHome
    1407 postsPosts: 1,467 ✭✭✭
    Amped weapons?
  • OdysseyHome
    1407 postsPosts: 1,467 ✭✭✭
    Also post video of gameplay so forum people can offer targeted advice; the game can be frustrating but getting mad doesn't help, it often just make play worse.
  • @fluffythebadger

Level 50? or gen50?

If level 50 I believe we experiences the same thing. Im Gen4 btw.

Below are the thread I created and already many tips & trick provided by many experienced players in this forum:

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13808/im-a-total-noob-need-help-to-improve-skill#latest

You will also see my pathethic play on the videos I posted... LOL