Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Titans Weakpoint

RaulSchalke04
51 postsPosts: 63
Hi All,

Noob here. Been playin this game for a week.

I know that each Titans has weakpoint. Anyone can give me guidance?

And which primary weapon can give huge damage if we shot at the weakpoint?

Comments

• AI_software
    254 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭
    Any weapon can damage a titan if you shoot a weak point with it. Grenadier weapons do a lot of damage to weak points, and are the only primary weapon type that can damage titans without even targeting a weak point. Weak points are identified by glowing red areas on the enemy titan. The largest and easiest weak point to spot is on the "head" area of each titan. There are other smaller, obscure weak points, but they are much harder to find and hit. You will know that you are hitting a weak point when your hit marker highlights in a red color, just like if you land a headshot on an enemy pilot.
    RIP Volt -| |- 05.30.17
  • RaulSchalke04
    Any weapon can damage a titan if you shoot a weak point with it. Grenadier weapons do a lot of damage to weak points, and are the only primary weapon type that can damage titans without even targeting a weak point. Weak points are identified by glowing red areas on the enemy titan. The largest and easiest weak point to spot is on the "head" area of each titan. There are other smaller, obscure weak points, but they are much harder to find and hit. You will know that you are hitting a weak point when your hit marker highlights in a red color, just like if you land a headshot on an enemy pilot.[/2quote]

@PerplexDonut

So no specific area of weakness for each Titans?

examp: Scorch on her leg, Ion on her back, Tone on her hip?

I want to try taking down Titans with combination of A-Wall and SMR plus amped weapons
  • AI_software
    254 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Any weapon can damage a titan if you shoot a weak point with it. Grenadier weapons do a lot of damage to weak points, and are the only primary weapon type that can damage titans without even targeting a weak point. Weak points are identified by glowing red areas on the enemy titan. The largest and easiest weak point to spot is on the "head" area of each titan. There are other smaller, obscure weak points, but they are much harder to find and hit. You will know that you are hitting a weak point when your hit marker highlights in a red color, just like if you land a headshot on an enemy pilot.

@PerplexDonut

I want to try taking down Titans with combination of A-Wall and SMR plus amped weapons
    @RaulSchalke04
    I found this video showing the titan weak points and you can take a look at it if you want. It was made before Monarch was in the game though so that one is not included in the video. Basically all weak points are on the head/torso of the titans though. When you aim at an enemy titan you'll be able to see the glowing red area I was talking about.

RIP Volt -| |- 05.30.17
  • RaulSchalke04

@PerplexDonut

@RaulSchalke04
    I found this video showing the titan weak points and you can take a look at it if you want. It was made before Monarch was in the game though so that one is not included in the video. Basically all weak points are on the head/torso of the titans though. When you aim at an enemy titan you'll be able to see the glowing red area I was talking about.

Question answered, thx bro
  • Steel_Rook
    91 postsPosts: 95 ✭✭
    Quick clarification: The video's claim that weapons deal *2 damage to weak points is either outdated or outright incorrect. As per the Titnafall 2 spreadsheet, only some weapons can deal critical hits (the Scorche's Thermite Cannon cannot, hence why he doesn't get weak point highlights) and it seems like the damage multiplier for critical hits is actually *1.5.

Honestly, I'd have a look at that spreadsheet just out of curiosity, as it does explain the behaviour of quite a few of the weapons, both for pilots and Titans.
  • RedShield55
    1366 postsPosts: 1,456 ✭✭✭
    I don't think A-wall and amp weapons stack.
    as A-wall amps the gun, if the gun is already amped nothing happens. Its so that your team can't make huge conga lines of A-walls to blast a titan down is moments.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory