I'm sure someone's already done this thread, but I wanted to do this for two reasons. #1 FrothyOmen's Titanfall 3 video. #2 I've been playing a bit of TF1 lately and I remember some things that make it better than TF2.
What TF did better:
1. Titans: What I liked most about TF1 was the titans. Being able to select your own chassis, weapon (and weapon mod), tactical ability. Ordnance, tier 1 and 2 kits, isignia and AI voice. Now don't get me wrong. I like the fact that we have camo's and nosearts, but the Titan system in TF1 was done better in my opinion. I liked the fact that I could use a 40mm with electric smoke and a cluster missle or a triple threat with multi-target missile system and vortex shield. Oh and the core abilities were great because they weren't super mega, devastating and damaging abilities. The cores in TF1 just enhanced traits of the Atlas (increased damage), Ogre (amped shields), and Stryder (increased dash).
2. Melee: This is pretty much a given. The melee in TF1 is vastly superior to the melee in TF2 as it was a simple kick that had no distance closing lunge or magical extended range.
3. Rodeo: I also feel like the rodeo system in TF1 was done better. I'm behind the battery mechanics in TF2, but the rodeo system in TF1 was better, because it forced you to use your electric smoke (something you can do in TF2 if you already used it once but haven't gotten your core out yet) or disembark from your Titan and shoot the person off your Titan (impossible to do in TF2 as by the time you disembark and locate the enemy pilot, he's already yanked out your battery).
4. Pilot combat: Long story short. TTK was perfect, recoil was manageable on all weapons, and you weren't forced into close quarters combat every minute or so.
5. Pilot/Titan balance: With the exception of a few maps from the 3 map expansion packs, pilot and titans coexisted beautifully. They still do in TF2, but not as nicely as TF1 did it. Also I liked the fact that the maps in TF1 weren't forcing this "3-lane" system that exists in TF2.
What TF2 did better
1. More weapons: Can't argue with the weapon selection available in TF2. Each weapon is categorized and you added more of them which is always good. The customization options for them too are great as they are not locked based on killing x-amount of enemies (for suppressor), x-amount of spectres (for extended mags) or x-amount of pilots (for a unique modification for each weapon). That being said, Satchel Charge needs to be like it was in TF1. They're barely usable now.
2. Pilot movement: Again, hard to argue with this one. The pilot movement in TF2 is great. The slide hopping mechanic makes map traversal quick and fun, the wall running mechanics haven't changed, and combat is certainly faster as a result of these changes. Definitely bring this back for the next game.
3. Campaign: 10x better than TF1. Could've made it longer I think, but it was a great story, and I was able to connect to the characters of Cooper and BT. Plus is expanded on the "story" from TF1.
4. Free DLC content: New maps, game modes, titans, camp packs, banners, and patches. Just lots of things to get excited about.
5. Pilot loadout system: When comparing it to TF1, nothing has really changed. You select your primary (+ mods), second, and AT weapons, choose what ordnance and tactical ability you are going to use, as well as your two pilot kits. What makes it better though is the expansion in tactical abilities and ordnance options.
Just a random list that I'm sure has already been done. Also there were a few other things that TF1 and TT2 were successful with, but that can be saves for another time. Let me know what you think.