Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

lag spikes

Bought Titanfall 2 last week and it worked great for the first few days. Since then I've only been able to play once without my ping jumping from 60 to 600. Seen a few posts saying it was in issue sine Nov. 2016. I love the game but if its still not fixed i dont think its worth my time. Any idea whats causing it yet? Or at least a date for the patch to fix it at least?

Comments

• DarkVoidHunter
    19 postsPosts: 19
    Why? IDK, but try to change the server...
    "We are more than pilots, out there, we're are brothers in arms..."

Join to "Fireteam Echo 7"..."Deus ex machina"!
  • ive tried and it doesnt do anything its been alright over the weekend but itll be good one minute then start bouncing around the next
  • DarkVoidHunter
    19 postsPosts: 19
    Restart your router and do a hard reset: Hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off, unplug it, wait for 10 seconds, plug everything back in and power it back on.
    "We are more than pilots, out there, we're are brothers in arms..."

Join to "Fireteam Echo 7"..."Deus ex machina"!
  • That DIDN'T WORK.
  • That DIDN'T WORK.
    One thing I regularly do besides clear the cache, is go to the network settings and I take a look at my connection speed (not saying everyones is mine, just pointing out its good to know your base standard when you play) which bottoms at 88-89down/90up, on an independent cold-loop FIOS line (means absolutely no other devices are or can log onto it, there's no tv channel set up, no phones/tablets/laptops), and I'm 6.5 miles from my internet providers hub, 22 feet from the modem (wifi), and occasionally I set up in different room of my house to share my console on a 50+foot cat6 Ethernet cable.

Knowing your distances, base speeds, what you're using and everything about your ip line can help troubleshoot yer issues.

If yer sharing yer line (cable connection), 100 feet from a wifi setup, sharing with everyone in a neighborhood, and have all kinds of stuff on a line that's being payed for and not used there are things you may not be aware of that interfere with your connection/s.

Cache clearings, modem resets, and by the way an Xbox also uses a "bluray cache" or "DVD cache" of sorts somehow in conjunction with memory that also needs to be cleared, a friend of mine just brought it up, I didn't even know about that cache. Shrug*