Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Getting pwned as a newb. Desperately need help.

KuroPredator
1 postsPosts: 2
I've just started this game and played a load of frontier defense to get an idea of what does what. The moment I step into PvP though. I just get wrecked by G20 players...my kd is like 0.5 now. I've watched a ton of youtube guides and all but they are all very basic saying things like have map awareness, don't stay still, kill grunts in attrition if you can blah blah.

I desperately need some legit tips on how to get much much better at multiplayer. Should I be playing more MP or start out by training at the gauntlet? High or low mouse sensitivity? Should I bother learning slide hopping early on?

Comments

  • Chillster64
    12 postsPosts: 15
    I think the first thing you should do is play the campaign to get used to the style of the game
  • KuroPredator
    1 postsPosts: 2
    I think the first thing you should do is play the campaign to get used to the style of the game

    It's already been done
  • Chillster64
    12 postsPosts: 15
    Try coliseum mode. It will help train you in one on one combat
  • Chillster64
    12 postsPosts: 15
    And play the campaign
  • Chillster64
    12 postsPosts: 15
    You need to be EXTREMELY quick and have very good reflexes too. You should use grapple and the R201 carbine. Good combination
  • Chillster64
    12 postsPosts: 15
    Grapple helps you get around really quick and the R201 is VERY affective. I'm a G3 pilot and I use it
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    G18 here. I think I can help you. The tips in the videos you watch while basic, are pretty good. Stick to the game, don't get discouraged. Map awareness is very important, because over time you can figure out good wall running routes, and you can figure out where people fight. I wouldn't suggesting learning bhopping too early, but if you want:
    Bhop:
    Bounce off a wall, crouch mid air, (note the gun's slanted position) as soon as you hit the ground jump again, and once you hit jump hit crouch again. Then gun should be at a slant the whole time. Rinse repeat. (For more detail Iniquity has a good guide)
    Useuful for when your wall jump can't quite get you far enough.
    The gun:
    Guns with good solid damage are good for starters. The R-201, Car, Alternator, are my suggestions. Keep in mind how they play. The R-201 is a decent hip fire, though its even better when ADS. The car is the best hip fire in the game, keep your cross hair trained on them and it will do. The Alternator is a bit more tricky (relatively speaking) as it has a side to side recoil. However, getting past that is where the magic happens. The other day in Live fire, I was killed at full health from 3 shots from the alternator, not amped.
    The tactical:
    Grapple is useful for beginners for the failed wall runs or the "I didn't quite make it" situations. If you want an edge, go see PaperCut2U.
    However, Stim is alot more practical for times because it buffs your speed, and brings about swift regen. I would highly recommend not using it though to get into the fight. Be patient, get there, and use it when you get low. The hard part is that most people tend to stick with one gun the entire time, so you see them with the counter on the side of their gun (unlocked when gun regenerates at level 20, [I think]) stating they have 20k kills. They know how to use that gun, so it will be harder to fight them.
    Phase Shift is also nice, as when you phase you are immune to damage, can reload your gun, and get the health timer rolling, but the enemy will most likely know where you will come out, as it leaves a trail. Of course, I haven't tested it since the nerf (two charges to one fast cooldown charge) So I don't know if it is still as amazing.
    So now we have Stim and the Car. Now what?
    The secondary.
    Choose a pistol. By making the secondary slot a pistol, if you ever use the smart pistol for any reason it won't replace the your anti titan weapon.
    For the anti titan weapon you can probably only use the MGL or charge rifle (I honestly don't know) but the Thunderbolt is quite good because you can just fire in their direction and it will hurt them several times.
    Gun Mods: For the car I would suggest going for mods like Speed loader or extra ammo, Gun runner, (maybe) but most of all Tactikill. These will be very nice. A scope is not needed, but if you want one work it out yourself, I use the holo one.
    For the alternator, same as above.
    For the R-201, scrap gun runner and think about gun ready.
    If you use the MGL give it extra ammo and speedloader. Then, i haven't figured out how those affect the other guns.
    Try to move fast. Staying off the ground will be the best method, bhopping once or twice when you actually do touch the ground. If you follow this method you also shouldn't need gun runner.
    Watch your six.
    Flanking is really easy due to the fast speeds, but usually for a reason I haven't pinned down enemies will have an orange outline through walls, (occaisonally) so use that, watching the mini map helps. The large orange circles (not the small ones) are either pilots or reapers, usually pilots, so use that. You can also listen for their entrance by a "whoosh", though thats harder and usually helps more in amped hardpoint.
    Guns to stay away from:
    Until you think your ready, don't use the Mastiff, the Cold war, the softball, the SMR, the kraber, the double take.
    These weapons can be unstoppable (except the softball or SMR, those just suck) but are also really... interesting.... to use.
    For the grenade, any is good, but the frag is the best one. What you want to do is hold the grenade in you hand. On PC the nade button is "Q". So I hold "Q" (thus holding my nade) and it will cook it. The other grenades will do their stuff on contact, but you can still hold them. The frag will have a multiple second timer. upon holding the nade for for several seconds, you will begin to hear a series of beeps. All nades but the frag will be thrown at the end of the beeps. The frag will explode, killing you. It might take a couple of games, but usually once the frag starts the beep you want to lob it at your foe at if you did it right it will explode killing them instantly. Useful for everything pilot related. For longer lobs, hold it for less time. for closer lobs, hold it for more time.
    Fire star does constant damage on the ground, and if they stick to you your screwed. Satchels have a remote detonation, Gravity stars will suck in nades, bullets, pilots, grunts spectres, and deal a tiny bit of damage to its contents upon exploding. If you want it to work, you have to land it on or immediately next to your target, Only way out is phase shift, grapple, death, or the grav stars explosion.
    For the kits at the bottom, use Powercell or Fast regen, either is good, and then on the right aim for Low profile, as its really the only way to take a battery from a titan. For the R-201 and other ADS guns, consider Hover. Hover is for ADS, and then Wall hang is for hip fire guns. Keep that in mind.
    A cool trick is if you know where your enemy is, say you were flying at them and they ducked into the building, start firing your gun before you enter the room, because there is a slight moment of nothing once you start shooting. By having this moment before you enter the room, chances are your gun will already be firing before theirs.
    Everything else is just experience!

    Man this took awhile. I might come back later to talk about titans. Try new things, and just stick through it. We have all had 8 months, you have had (insert amount of time since purchase) Welcome to Titanfall 2.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    hm odd that it posted that half in italics.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    hm odd that it posted that half in italics.

    I swear I posted a really lengthy post right before this, but its not showing. Dangit that took me forever and was really useful.

    Tl:DR
    Stim + Car + Pistol + Charge Rifle or Thunderbolt
    Frag nade, hold down nade button till beep, then lob.
    Stim gives health, use it mid fight, not to get to one.
    Prefire your gun, start shooting before entering a room.
    Car should have Extra ammo or speedloader with tactikill
    Fast Regen or Powercell, Wall hang or low profile. (Hover instead of wall hang if you are using an ADS
    Speed loader and extra ammo on MGL,
    Hit your target, watch out for really good players, they are kind of unstoppable if you have no experience. Look up Iniquity's guide for movement if you want to Bhop, then just practice.
    You played the campaign? Did you like it?
    Experiment with different ideas.
    If you use grapple, watch some PaperCut2U or other good grapple peeps on the youtubes.
    Try to start shooting first. Sneaking up on an enemy is a really effective way to kill them. Stay above them at all times.
    To be honest my favorite pilot, a Grapple + Cold War, came to me in a dream. Most beneficial dream ever.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • siftycat
    4 postsPosts: 5
    Buy a console, the PC is not only mostly dead, but it's jam packed full of cheats. Respawn and EA haven't done anything about it at all. The only time EA are is when money is involved (like with the FIFA points). They've made PC pretty much worthless. That's why everyone is playing Frontier Defense now - botters don't matter. Console doesn't have that problem so PvP is still thriving.

    All you need is one botter on one team going in for 20+ kills in attrition (which is the only game mode people play on PC) and you'll end up losing hard. What can you do when there's people standing out in the open headshotting from massive distances, or when you watch the killcam as they track you through walls and pop you instantly, or when every shot they take at your titan hits your vitals and can knock off two bars of health. There's no in-game report button and you get tired of sending off videos. Most of the matches I've played on Xbox have been within 100 points. On PC most of the matches are hard losses for one team, 250+ points. EA's two AAA FPS from 2016 only have server side anti-cheat, and it shows in both of them.

    This is so much worse than BF4 or TF1. If I'd paid anything more than $5 to put up with this I'd be annoyed. But as it stands I can just sit back and watch the PC community in denial or lying as it kills FPS for itself.
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    siftycat wrote: »
    Buy a console, the PC is not only mostly dead, but it's jam packed full of cheats. Respawn and EA haven't done anything about it at all. The only time EA are is when money is involved (like with the FIFA points). They've made PC pretty much worthless. That's why everyone is playing Frontier Defense now - botters don't matter. Console doesn't have that problem so PvP is still thriving.

    All you need is one botter on one team going in for 20+ kills in attrition (which is the only game mode people play on PC) and you'll end up losing hard. What can you do when there's people standing out in the open headshotting from massive distances, or when you watch the killcam as they track you through walls and pop you instantly, or when every shot they take at your titan hits your vitals and can knock off two bars of health. There's no in-game report button and you get tired of sending off videos. Most of the matches I've played on Xbox have been within 100 points. On PC most of the matches are hard losses for one team, 250+ points. EA's two AAA FPS from 2016 only have server side anti-cheat, and it shows in both of them.

    This is so much worse than BF4 or TF1. If I'd paid anything more than $5 to put up with this I'd be annoyed. But as it stands I can just sit back and watch the PC community in denial or lying as it kills FPS for itself.

    ummm. I have no idea how to respond to this. I got this game back in the week before Black Friday. (Remember that odd sale? I got it then in case the sale didn't last) Since then, I can only remember one hacker in my game, and it was during free weekend when Live Fire was released. Was in two games, never saw another. The most "aim bot" I see is when it looks like someone is using aim assist. Those I feel are using cheats I watch meticulously during kill cams, and there is always a mess up eventually. Also, it is EXTREMELY easy to get 20+ kills when you know what you are doing. No botters on the PC. Maybe your area is slightly different, but if this problem ever happens, clearly has almost no effect on the game. Its also easier to be skilled on the PC, and then by the same token easier to absolutely suck on the PC. So when you get in a game, the poor matchmaking really hits it where it hurts, sticking in a really good player or two with a handful of really terrible players. Now I don't want this thread to turn into a huge hate argument, so you made your claim, I made mine, now lets bury the hatchet and help this beginner.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    I've just started this game and played a load of frontier defense to get an idea of what does what. The moment I step into PvP though. I just get wrecked by G20 players...my kd is like 0.5 now. I've watched a ton of youtube guides and all but they are all very basic saying things like have map awareness, don't stay still, kill grunts in attrition if you can blah blah.

    I desperately need some legit tips on how to get much much better at multiplayer. Should I be playing more MP or start out by training at the gauntlet? High or low mouse sensitivity? Should I bother learning slide hopping early on?

    @KuroPredator What region and platform do you play on? If you post that forum users can play with you and give tips. I'm sydney XB1, so since you said mouse I assume you are PC.

    Also, got any clips of your play. That can allow for more targeted help. Titanfall 2 is a rather complex game with pilot mobility, tactical ordinance loadout setups, titan 'hero-shooter' combat, and non conventional multiplayer modes. But it's a very unique and rewarding games so I hope you don't get discouraged.

    I only started to get better at the game when I started doing focus practice exploiting the private match bounty hunt mode. This way I can test loadouts, practice pathing the map using mobility abilities, learn the lane structure for titan battles, experiment with control layouts (since I'm console). It's like the unoffical training mode of Titanfall 2.

    Secret to success is knowing thy self. So get comfortable with a loadout, don't worry about win / lose, try not to rage, but instead think about how you can do things differently, and set yourself personal objectives like "I'm going to practice pilot anti-titan combat this match". With practice skills will develop and you'll feel like you are playing better.
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    I think the main way I got better is by playing the Singleplayer a bajillion times on Master. i don't recommend it unless you really want to, I did it because I wanted to speed run it, taking cues from the Angry Albino. I never got around to it, mostly because I can't seem to not die.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Foofer37
    8 postsPosts: 10
    You have 2 choices: Keep playing and accept getting destroyed constantly with the hope of eventually getting better, or quit and play something else. Unfortunately, this game has progressed and been changed so that the biggest complainers got what they wanted. I find that the better players usually complain when they get killed by a noob, so they ask for this or that weapon to get nerfed and they have gotten exactly what they wanted. So this is why the game has few players left. And the ones that are left easily destroy the noobs like you and me. For now I keep returning to the game and do my best, but my best is not great at all. It's very difficult at this point to get better because getting destroyed constantly really doesn't leave you any room to learn. The level of good players vs bad players is such a wide gap it's almost impossible to get anywhere. I really wish the developers would learn this. They could actually have more people playing. But the super-awesome players could care less. They will gladly enjoy one-shotting you from across the map all day long. And here we are. I hope developers will start to see that people just don't want a game that all they do is get killed over and over. Thee needs to be some concession for more casual players. But there is none. You're just told to get gud! Well, I would if I could. So many people are leaving the multiplayer scene altogether. I'm in that group for sure. that's my 2 cents.
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    Foofer37 wrote: »
    But the super-awesome players could care less. They will gladly enjoy one-shotting you from across the map all day long..

    *looks at cold war* Oh, hehe... *tucks it under carpet*

    Unfortunately this is the case, making it hard to actually do much. The trick is to kill those guys, take alternate routes to them, move quickly with bhopping/air strafing, use a one shot weapon your self, take cover from them the entire match.
    One of the big problems though with training through FD or Private matches is that you spend the entire time fighting AI, and they fight way differently from players.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    I got the big advice here. I figured it out. If you want to do good, you have to use EVERYTHING.
    Use every weapon, every mod, every scope, every kit, every titan, every tactical, even every camo! (jk about the camo) This way, you know how it works and how to fight it. Use it enough that you are comfortable with it. I think that that is the main reason why I am so much better when it comes to A-wall when it comes to everyone else, as I have used it to great extent and know its limitations. However, since I don't use Tone very much and have slacked off my Northstar for months, my skill with fighting these has been very low. It will take awhile, but I am sure the experience will help.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • TheMightyM0
    434 postsPosts: 457 ✭✭✭
    To clear things up, the SMR does not suck. It is a weird niche weapon that is virtually unstoppable if you treat it like a submachine gun and stay out of the open, but for anything more than a few feet in front of you and it gets really tricky to lead the shots until you have practiced quite a bit with it. I don't remember the number off the top of my head but that is still my top weapon in terms of number of kills by a wide margin. I think my second is the Plasma Railgun, but that's beside the point.
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    To clear things up, the SMR does not suck. It is a weird niche weapon that is virtually unstoppable if you treat it like a submachine gun and stay out of the open, but for anything more than a few feet in front of you and it gets really tricky to lead the shots until you have practiced quite a bit with it. I don't remember the number off the top of my head but that is still my top weapon in terms of number of kills by a wide margin. I think my second is the Plasma Railgun, but that's beside the point.

    I've been using the SMR as of late and I have been mighty impressed. Just land like one bullet and they die. Of course, landing the shot is the hard part.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • AI_software
    254 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭
    I would recommend starting in Pilots vs Pilots mode. It's a great place to get a lot of practice fighting other players without titans in the mix. You will learn the maps and spawns since team spawn locations are identified on the radar. And once you get used to the movement and combat with pilots, then move on to Attrition to get a feel of the titans.
    RIP Volt -| |- 05.30.17
  • RaulSchalke04
    51 postsPosts: 63
    Foofer37 wrote: »
    You have 2 choices: Keep playing and accept getting destroyed constantly with the hope of eventually getting better, or quit and play something else. Unfortunately, this game has progressed and been changed so that the biggest complainers got what they wanted. I find that the better players usually complain when they get killed by a noob, so they ask for this or that weapon to get nerfed and they have gotten exactly what they wanted. So this is why the game has few players left. And the ones that are left easily destroy the noobs like you and me. For now I keep returning to the game and do my best, but my best is not great at all. It's very difficult at this point to get better because getting destroyed constantly really doesn't leave you any room to learn. The level of good players vs bad players is such a wide gap it's almost impossible to get anywhere. I really wish the developers would learn this. They could actually have more people playing. But the super-awesome players could care less. They will gladly enjoy one-shotting you from across the map all day long. And here we are. I hope developers will start to see that people just don't want a game that all they do is get killed over and over. Thee needs to be some concession for more casual players. But there is none. You're just told to get gud! Well, I would if I could. So many people are leaving the multiplayer scene altogether. I'm in that group for sure. that's my 2 cents.

    Noob here also, been played this game for about 3 weeks now.

    Did the one you mention "died bajillion times and keep coming back to the game".. LOL

    Because this game has minimum tutorial and introduction (mostly only on campaign), this game keeps me thinking and experiment here and there.

    first week my pilots kill on attrition only 0-2, 2nd week 3-4, now 4-6.

    Its getting better and still many loadout that I need to experiment.

    Already tried many guns, but so far Mastiff is the best for me. Charge Rifle for anti titan. Still rarely use handgun and ordinance. Class: Cloak.

    Still figuring out the best Boost. Usually I use map hack, but Im not sure about this boost recently. Many times I use this but also many times I didnt detect any enemies (maybe because my teammates already killed them? not sure). Still looking for boost that can give me fast result. Will try to combine cloak and holo next. Hoping to bait enemies out with holo and sneaking them with cloaking
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    Noob here also, been played this game for about 3 weeks now.

    Did the one you mention "died bajillion times and keep coming back to the game".. LOL

    Because this game has minimum tutorial and introduction (mostly only on campaign), this game keeps me thinking and experiment here and there.

    first week my pilots kill on attrition only 0-2, 2nd week 3-4, now 4-6.

    Its getting better and still many loadout that I need to experiment.

    Already tried many guns, but so far Mastiff is the best for me. Charge Rifle for anti titan. Still rarely use handgun and ordinance. Class: Cloak.

    Still figuring out the best Boost. Usually I use map hack, but Im not sure about this boost recently. Many times I use this but also many times I didnt detect any enemies (maybe because my teammates already killed them? not sure). Still looking for boost that can give me fast result. Will try to combine cloak and holo next. Hoping to bait enemies out with holo and sneaking them with cloaking

    Not using a handgun is kind of a good call, I find that I tend to win those fights when I reload and they pull out their pistol, especially now that pistols have been nerfed into the ground.
    Ordinance seems to be quite over looked by new players but is actually really awesome and easy to get the hang of.
    At first I always used Firestar, I tried grav star but could never get it to work. (Had no idea you had to land it right next to your target for it to do its stuff.)
    The nade I would highly reccomend to you and anyone else is the frag grenade. To use it, hold down the ordinance key until you hear a series of beeps. Be warned at the end of the beeps this nade will explode and will kill you. At the start of the beeps, right when you first here it, lob it. This will cause it to pop several meters ahead of you. Hold it down for more time for shorter distance, hold it down for less for longer distance. It will take a few games to get the hang of, but frag nades are awesome.

    Boosts are lack luster, I just bought dice roll quickly (start of gen 2) and I use that or amp weapons or (if a titan mode) backup battery. i actually went though a phase for about 6 gens or so where I tended to just kind of ignore my boosts. Only problem with Dice Roll is it seems to always give my either Phase Rewind or Anti titan turret. But when i get useful stuff! Ah its a fun twist to my fights to throw down the hard cover or map hack in CTF before entering their building. Highly recommend Dice Roll.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Joostk00
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Playing campaign is the worst advice. Just play a lot of multiplayer. At first I had to adjust a bit to how fast this game was, in clutch situations I had some trouble, but everything goes a lot more fluent once you play some more.
  • RedShield75
    1330 postsPosts: 1,418 ✭✭✭
    Joostk00 wrote: »
    Playing campaign is the worst advice. Just play a lot of multiplayer. At first I had to adjust a bit to how fast this game was, in clutch situations I had some trouble, but everything goes a lot more fluent once you play some more.

    I disagree the campaign allows you to learn the movement as it has plenty of pits, walls, pipes, fences, grunts, prowlers, paths, turns, curved walls, etc. and it gives you a feel for each titan.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Jinko_itx
    17 postsPosts: 21
    hello, alittle off topic but I don't know where to go to say this....the graphics of this game is awesome, its absolutely is stunning ....but one thing, the getaway flight, when it gets destroyed, it looks like 16 bit graphic explosion....why?
  • Khimaros
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Sonar Blade + Tone's Sonar Lock
    Seriously, these two abilities let you see through walls and watch your opponents. I cannot stress this enough, the more you can watch other players, the more you will learn how they play and how to beat them.

    Lots of other players here are offering great advice, but the single biggest thing that will improve your game is being able to know where players stop to take cover, where they camp, the common routes, the places no one goes. It's difficult to describe, but I find after playing with these abilities for a while I can then switch to something like grapple or stim, because I've already tuned in to where players probably will be. It will help your map awareness immensely and after that everything else will fall into place. I promise you.
  • ringwyrm0
    56 postsPosts: 65
    edited December 2017
    I'm 41, and I never really played any FPS seriously. The only multiplayer FPS I ever put more than 5 minutes into before Titanfall 2 was PvZ: Garden Warfare. That's still a fun game, BTW.

    I bought this game in Janurary I think (can't remember). The deluxe addition for 84 bucks. On PS4. I couldn't get over how terrible I was in multiplayer. Literally ate me up. My average score in the beginning was probably in the 20s or 30s. Like I couldn't fathom how to use all three dimensions in space or how to think on my feet to leverage my environment with tactical, boost, ordnance, etc. I f'n sucked. I, too, could not understand how anyone could get better if they die so quick so often.

    If you can't ever get off the ground, how will you learn to fly? Right?

    I've done my fair share of complaining, as many people know. Just to be clear.

    But I stuck with it because this game is ridiculously fun. Easily the best video game I've played in years. The graphics, the intensity, the community of players. It's just a fun game. I got way better. I'm G20 on both PS4 and PC at this point. You just gotta stick with it. I do think the upswing is a little rough. Hopefully Respawn does something with TF3 that keeps people coming back, and keeps them from quitting matches. This game sold millions of copies, but the other day there were 900 people on-line. And n00bs were getting wrecked in every match by some of the most hardcore skilled players who are loyal to the game. And to be honest, I have rage quit games just in the last week. Usually when stompers are spawntrapping or taunting people in chat. I can't take spawntrapping, I think it ruins the game.

    Just stick with it, man. You will get better, and when you do... you'll start having those kill streaks that make you feel god-like. There are three things, though you have to keep in mind: (1) There will always be bad games where you get the **** stomped out of you. (2) There are players, not a lot, who consistently stomp the **** out of everybody else and (3) You will get better. If you just accept these things and don't get worked up over it, keep coming back, keep trying new things, you will get better. And it'll ruin other games for you because nothing is as rewarding as kicking **** in Titanfall.

    Know the maps, know how to move, know how to dogfight. Improve your aim by picking a gun with lots of kick like Alternator or Flatline. Practice doing fly-by kills on grunts.

    It took me months to get better, but for younger folk I imagine it won't take so long.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
    ringwyrm0 wrote: »
    I'm 41, and I never really played any FPS seriously. The only multiplayer FPS I ever put more than 5 minutes into before Titanfall 2 was PvZ: Garden Warfare. That's still a fun game, BTW.

    I bought this game in Janurary I think (can't remember). The deluxe addition for 84 bucks. On PS4. I couldn't get over how terrible I was in multiplayer. Literally ate me up. My average score in the beginning was probably in the 20s or 30s. Like I couldn't fathom how to use all three dimensions in space or how to think on my feet to leverage my environment with tactical, boost, ordnance, etc. I f'n sucked. I, too, could not understand how anyone could get better if they die so quick so often.

    If you can't ever get off the ground, how will you learn to fly? Right?

    I've done my fair share of complaining, as many people know. Just to be clear.

    But I stuck with it because this game is ridiculously fun. Easily the best video game I've played in years. The graphics, the intensity, the community of players. It's just a fun game. I got way better. I'm G20 on both PS4 and PC at this point. You just gotta stick with it. I do think the upswing is a little rough. Hopefully Respawn does something with TF3 that keeps people coming back, and keeps them from quitting matches. This game sold millions of copies, but the other day there were 900 people on-line. And n00bs were getting wrecked in every match by some of the most hardcore skilled players who are loyal to the game. And to be honest, I have rage quit games just in the last week. Usually when stompers are spawntrapping or taunting people in chat. I can't take spawntrapping, I think it ruins the game.

    Just stick with it, man. You will get better, and when you do... you'll start having those kill streaks that make you feel god-like. There are three things, though you have to keep in mind: (1) There will always be bad games where you get the **** stomped out of you. (2) There are players, not a lot, who consistently stomp the **** out of everybody else and (3) You will get better. If you just accept these things and don't get worked up over it, keep coming back, keep trying new things, you will get better. And it'll ruin other games for you because nothing is as rewarding as kicking **** in Titanfall.

    Know the maps, know how to move, know how to dogfight. Improve your aim by picking a gun with lots of kick like Alternator or Flatline. Practice doing fly-by kills on grunts.

    It took me months to get better, but for younger folk I imagine it won't take so long.

    You say 41 like it's old. Catch up, man. :trollface:

    But - everything else is spot on. Don't give up. Have fun. Set personal goals and work hard until you attain them, next thing you know, you'll be flying around, too.

    Looking at the age of this post - spend some time in easy / regular Frontier Defense. Learn the mechanics.

    Overall - have fun!

    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • I'm 46 years old. Wear glasses, and I am an average or below player. I've been playing since the game was released. At first I was losing often to players that jump around all the time like a halo match. But I learned that there is an opposing strategy to everything in this game. You have to find what works for you. I tried a little of everything, and found that using a cloaking pilot and the legion titan work best for me. My stats for winning is 55.7 percent wins. Now I even end up in the top 3 more than I lose. If my current strategy doesn't work I switch it up between spawns. Have different loadouts for pilots and titans ready to counter the enemy teams loadouts. The only time I'm guaranteed to lose is when I play without a microphone against a team with microphones, and they start spawn killing. It sucks that good players do that, but it does happen. Remember to have fun. And if it becomes too frustrating, just try something different and practice at it in matches. The campaign is fine when you need to learn basics, but against other players is the only way to improve against them.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!