Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

One Of The Best Multiplayer Weapons

Chillster64
12 postsPosts: 15
edited August 2017
I am currently G3.12 and right now I'm using the R201 Carbine, and I really like it, because it's really accurate and it does a decent amount of damage. I was using the Hemlock, but I didn't like the whole burst fire situation, even though I did a ton of damage. For example if a Pilot is jumping off a ledge to get away from me, I can't kill them with the hemlock, because they move to fast. But with the R201, I can shoot them out of the air. I would recommend it to anyone who moves around the maps fast and uses grapple. It also pairs very well the gravity star, because it has a high fire rate.
Bye bye!

Comments

• RedShield55
    1366 postsPosts: 1,456 ✭✭✭
    As a G3 I feel your opinion on the "best" multiplayer weapon has a foundation of wet sand. (Kind of sturdy but easily destroyed)
    The R201 Carbine is a very reliable weapon. It can fit in with most playstyles. As you said the gun is very good with grapple. Unfortunately, it tends to fail a little at close range. The "best multiplayer weapon" award would have to go to something that can be used for all kinds, if not most, playstyles, and should be based off of whether it works better than another gun, not if you can actually use it to effect.. Going down the list, The R-201 is a candidate, (maybe), the Hemlock is not, The G2-A5 is not, the flatline is, the car is, the alternator is, the volt is, the R-97 is not, the spitfire is not, the L-Star is, the Devotion is, the kraber is not, the double take is not, the DMR is not, the EVA-8 is not, the Mastiff is not, the SMR is not, the EPG is, the softball is not, the Cold War is not.
    This leaves us with,
    Assault Rifles:
    R-201 Carbine
    V-47 Flatline
    Sub-machine Guns:Car
    Alternator
    Volt
    Light Machine Guns:
    L-Star
    X-55 Devotion
    Grenadier:
    EPG-1

Narrowing it down:
    Assault Rifles:
    R-201 Carbine
    V-47 Flatline
    Sub-machine Guns:
    Car
    Alternator
    Volt
    Light Machine Guns:
    L-Star

The creation of this list of weapons was based off how well I feel that they could fit into every kind of playstyle. Long range, short range, medium range, ADS, hip fire, moving fast, taking it slower, and so on. If you look into a more specific playstyle, most of these weapons would have better choices, but those choices could probably only work in that way.

I left the Devotion out of the finals because I have no idea if it kept enough of its glory after the nerfs.
    This would be my list of "best multiplayer weapons" It could be totally right, or totally wrong.
    Again:

Assault Rifles:
    R-201 Carbine
    V-47 Flatline
    Sub-machine Guns:
    Car
    Alternator
    Volt
    Light Machine Guns:
    L-Star

Feel free to narrow it down further! The community should decide what is the best weapon, not a single person.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Dinorush13
    683 postsPosts: 692 ✭✭✭
    I think the strongest weapons are currently:
    Rx-01s
    G2
    CAR
    Alternator
    R-97 (PC)
    Spitfire

These are pretty much the only weapons you'll see in comp CTF, if anyone picks something other than Rx-01 or G2.
  • Chillster64

That's a good list I would only do 2 things to change
    First of all, I think the L-Star should be taken off, because the bullet speed is just SO slow, so it's hard to hit targets at long range. Also I think the EPG and the Cold War could of stayed, because they at basically 1 shots if you hit the pilot, and they work at multiple ranges.

Thanks for your feedback RedShield75
    I think it was a bit presumptuous of me to just pick 1 weapon and not let everyone decide :)
  • Magikf1ngers
    4692 postsPosts: 4,747 mod
    Fact is, too, that at G3, you're still a babe in the woods. It doesn't seem like it now, but when you get higher ranked - I'm almost G20, and I know some of the other forums regulars are higher than that even - G3 seems like a bona fide newbie.

Not picking on you - just saying, you're still learning and you'll still adapt to other things.

First thing to keep in mind is that you have 10 pilot slots - you'll slowly start to figure out to have different builds for different maps and even different situations.

For example - I have a setup that's for CQB, where I'm carrying a shotgun instead of a rifle, I use EC grenades instead of frags (so I can smoke rooms / hallways with it) and I use the Mozambique because, quite simply, it's basically a mini-shotgun. That's for maps with a lot of buildings / enclosed spaces.

I have sniper set-up that I only use to counter other snipers. I have my basic rifleman kit with the R-201. I have my primary kit that has the CAR. I have a grenadier build with the SMR. THey all have different uses.

I'm not taking away from what you're saying - just trying to stress - don't limit yourself. Have fun, learn everything - even if it's a weapon you don't like to use, you'll know how it performs and how to counter it.

Good luck!
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Chillster64
    Ok thanks!
  • RedShield55
    1366 postsPosts: 1,456 ✭✭✭
    I didn't put the Cold War on the list because as it is my favorite weapon, I know its limitations. At long range it does NOT do well, because the goal is to hit the surface immediately next to the pilot. This is harder to use at long range because of the timing, and then the arc of the shots can really put a damper on your aim. A close range it works best. The way it seems it was meant to use was to use wall running routes/grapple to get above your enemy. Once there, firing the gun down means that the arc won't do anything, and then it is easier for all 4 shots to land. Most people tend to give it hover so they can fire multiple times in the same spot, (I don't see the point of it myself) It's an odd weapon that requires an odd tactic. Cold war doesn't work very well with slow playstyles, or low to the ground. It fails at long range. That is why. (Now to go play with it!)
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Chillster64
    K thanks