Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Award SOMETHING To The Pilot Who Delivers The Fatal Shot That Destroys The Enemy Dropship

BachPatu
7 postsPosts: 13
If kill points aren't going to be awareded to the pilot who delivers the killshot to an enemy dropship (Ultimately killing everyone on board of course :) ), then XP points should be awarded to that pilot instead

This would create INCENTIVE to those who feel they need it to go after the enemy as it tries to escape instead of just putting down the controller or whatever they do (Therefore getting in the way of those ACTUALLY TRYING to intercept it) while waiting for the next match to begin

Mind you, this happens in BOTH TF1 AND TF2 (Regardless of faction)

Thoughts ??

BP

Comments

• RedShield75
    173 postsPosts: 198
    Doesn't it give you a meret?
    Also for those people who put their controllers down shame on them. The epilogue is fun and should be played just for that, even if you don't earn really anything from it.
  • I'm pretty sure that if you get the final hit on the dropship you get the kill for everyone on board, as evident by the killfeed saying:
    BachPatu [Dropship Explosion] LlamaWaffles555
    BachPatu [Dropship Explosion] RedShield75
    BachPatu [Dropship Explosion] InnocentMRVN

i'm almost certain this happens because it really annoys me when i get top of the leaderboard, and even deal MOST of the damage to the enemy dropship, but if someone else on my team gets that final hit they get credit for all of those kills and push me down to 2nd on the leaderboard when the game ends and it shows the top 3 players + banners.
  • RedShield75
    173 postsPosts: 198
    I'm pretty sure that if you get the final hit on the dropship you get the kill for everyone on board, as evident by the killfeed saying:
    BachPatu [Dropship Explosion] LlamaWaffles555
    BachPatu [Dropship Explosion] RedShield75
    BachPatu [Dropship Explosion] InnocentMRVN

i'm almost certain this happens because it really annoys me when i get top of the leaderboard, and even deal MOST of the damage to the enemy dropship, but if someone else on my team gets that final hit they get credit for all of those kills and push me down to 2nd on the leaderboard when the game ends and it shows the top 3 players + banners.
    No i'm pretty sure it stops counting the leader board right at the start of the epilogue, which makes the epilogue pointless to players who really seem to only play for a good score. However, the Epilogue is one of the best points in the game, and you are given a merit for escaping, but then I don't know about popping the dropship. (It always bothers me when there is that one guy who won't jump into the dropship so we can leave quickly and it ends up killing us)

p.s: Love the cameo in your post <3
  • OdysseyHome
    1583 postsPosts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    You get the "Evac Denied" medal for last hitting the drop ship. Epilogue kills don't count for match score but do count for weapon and titan XP.