Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Stand up, Titanfall

Darakka
3 postsPosts: 10
And yet this topic again.

Titanfall 2 was having a really serious problems with online. Not because the game is bad, but because everyone just seem to forgot about it. In 2016, the online was 1k-3k on PC. But, after some updates, in 2017, online rose. Now it is 3k-9k on PC. It is much larger, but still...not that big.

Respawn tried everything to save the game from death. Prize cut, regular updates, feedback, etc... and the question is - will Respawn be able to bring Titanfall 2 from it's current state? Or it is going to fall, despite all their efforts? Place your bets.

Comments

• narrowband56K
    254 postsPosts: 272 ✭✭✭
    Well, respawn basically **** all over the true fans of their original game by changing so much. That might help explain low player base. They certainly lost me as a fan.
  • Ciriturbo
    3 postsPosts: 4
    edited August 2017
    I can't understand why a lot of people do not try Titanfall for hard. I love the game, I love the gun play and the feeling of responsiveness. I haven't had so much fun from a multiplayer game since the first Quake. I love how the matches are fast (10 min maximum) and then the game are ready for the next one, it is like a fighting game. But I agree that should be more people playing it, and it is hard to answer why there aren't more playing as well. I also agree some game balancing is questionable, like the all pistols nerf.

I think some effort to bring players aren't effective, like the Ultimate version of the game. The feeling of gaining a new weapon and a new Titan is nice! Why give it all unlocked?

Even though I am still a fan and I support this awesome game.
  • Limonstrosity
    993 postsPosts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭
    It still is a far cry from a competitive scene. I just don't know how they can make this work. I like the game, but wasn't as impressed as Titanfall 1.

Yet the changes they've made to TF2 remains mixed to me. Maybe they can fix it next game.

The critics and media were all over Respawn's nuts tho. But quite frankly all that buzz amounted to diddly squat if it can't keep a solid 20k per platform after a year out in its release.

Yes. The campaign is great!

Yes. It's impressive that they supported the content for free post launch.

But there are still plenty of areas that are lacking and frustrating to even the staunchest of supporters.
    XBL GT - Limonade [TF2 Rank: G74.07 | TF1 Rank: G1 Level 50]
    Origins: Limonstrosity
  • Jazman2k
    259 postsPosts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Well, respawn basically **** all over the true fans of their original game by changing so much. That might help explain low player base. They certainly lost me as a fan.

I watched my old Frontier Defense gameplay videos from Titanfall 1...my god that game was awesome! I enjoy titanfall 2, i have much more gamehours in TF2 than in TF1 (mostly because i spent playing BF3/4 with friends back then)

There is just something about the overall feeling in this game i just cant get over. I really don't know what it is but somehow ...something is just OFF. It's like you see a painting or hear a great song, but still you don't like it. "It's all pretty and very very well done but something...bothers me"

First Titanfall my feeling was "HOLY ****! OMG! THis game is so much fun! Not perfect but my god i love this! I LOVE IT!"
  • Mrwho23
    13 postsPosts: 15
    edited August 2017
    Jazman2k wrote: »

I watched my old Frontier Defense gameplay videos from Titanfall 1...my god that game was awesome! I enjoy titanfall 2, i have much more gamehours in TF2 than in TF1 (mostly because i spent playing BF3/4 with friends back then)

There is just something about the overall feeling in this game i just cant get over. I really don't know what it is but somehow ...something is just OFF. It's like you see a painting or hear a great song, but still you don't like it. "It's all pretty and very very well done but something...bothers me"

First Titanfall my feeling was "HOLY ****! OMG! THis game is so much fun! Not perfect but my god i love this! I LOVE IT!"

TTK for titans being too short ? Rodeo becoming boring shield pick ups ?

Those are the ones that kill the mood for me the most.