Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.
30 Tips And Tricks for Titanfall 2
Hiya folks it's me, Total Stranger, here to help you figure out some interesting ways of playing Titanfall 2. Some of these you may already know, other's you may not, and some you may consider to be absolutely bulls***. But enough about Crash Site, let's get into it.
- If you tap the jump button while exiting your titan, you'll launch yourself from the seat. Good for getting up to higher platforms when your jumpkit isn't quite cutting it. Keep in mind this may consume your double jump.
- If you have a pilot rodeoing you while your in a Scorch, try shooting some thermite on a nearby wall then putting your back against it. It'll save you an electric smoke.
- If you have a Firestar stuck on the front of your Ion, use your Vortex Shield to throw it away.
- If an enemy pilot auto-ejects from their titan, keep an eye out out for the red glowing exhausts of their jump kit's to keep track of them so they don't escape as easily.
- If you don't plan on embarking on your titan, it might be a good idea to equip Enhanced Auto-Titan.
- Ronin's Arc Wave will immediately destroy a Tone's particle wall.
- If a Ronin put's up Sword Block, don't stop shooting. Remember: Sword Block only stops 75% of damage.
- Embarking on your titan immediately resets your tactical abilities and ordinances. Fun Fact: Ammo use't to be limited in Titanfall 1. This and just picking up an weapon off the ground were the only ways to make sure you had more ammo.
- Northstar's Railgun still does a lot of damage even when not fully charged. You should probably only charge your Railgun for long-distance targets.
- You can hack spectre's. Just walk up behind them and hold X. Hacking 1 spectre out a whole squad will actually hack the whole squad. Keep in mind you are vulnerable when doing this.
- Did you know there's an EPG hidden somewhere in the tutorial level in the Campaign?
- Hologram's can sponge bullet's. Think of them like cover with legs. Don't try it with Titan's though.
- Sometimes you can't hear your own footsteps (for some reason?) But the enemy still can!
- If your in a titan, avoid the red Stalkers. They're the Ticks of titans.
- You can use Grapple to swing upwards over a section of the map and bypass the enemy. It's also good for breaking the map Complex.
- You can grapple drop ships as their dropping troopers. Don't stick around through unless you want flying lessons!
- If you switch weapons as an Cloak or A-Wall pilot, the robot arm will actually assist you. This doesn't really make switching weapons faster or anything it's just sort of an extra bit of detail.
- People like to forget that Monarch's made more for support tactics. You won't last long using Monarch aggressively.
- If you fall from a wall, don't attempt to re-attach yourself to it as there is a 1 second cool down. If your in the midst of a hot situation, keep an eye out for another wall to escape to.
- If you need a titan fast and have a spare battery to use, use it on a teammates titan. Giving another titan a battery will give you a massive boost to your titan meter.
- Some execution animations are much faster than others. Keep that in mind if you don't like being vulnerable for too long.
- If your Stim is about to run out, try launching yourself from a wall before it ends. The momentum can be use'd to get that little bit of extra distance out of your Stim.
- If you Gravity Star a titan that's about to Nuke-Eject you can stop the pilot from escaping and kill them with their own exploding titan.
- Contrary to popular belief. You, in fact, cannot damage a pilot in the Phase Dimension. You need to wait till they come out of phase.
- Ronin's melee does roughly about as much damage as a normal titan punch. The only difference is that it looks cooler.
- Conventional weapons can, in fact, damage titans. Shoot the red glowing area's to cause damage.
- If you phase inside of another pilot, it will kill them. There's even an execution based on it.
- Arc Grenades will actually do serious damage to turrets.
- Wall-Running is actually a lot faster than Sprinting normally. You can go to the tutorial level in the campaign and test it yourself since the parkour track comes with a speed-o-meter. Convenient, huh?
- If you get into a melee battle with a Reaver, your gonna have a bad time.
That's all the tips and tricks that I currently know of. Who know's, maybe I'll end up making another one of these. Be sure to try most of these at least once, you never know if maybe you'll end up making a meme out of it.