Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

The Music Thread

laddie13
313 postsPosts: 339 mod
edited July 2017
I love music of all kinds, (except for country music). I listen to classical, jazz, EDM, hip-hop, extremely hard rock, singer songwriters, and there's no shame in loving a really good pop song every once in awhile. Music has helped me through some tough times, as well as provided a soundtrack to the best times. I'm always looking for new artists/songs, do you have any to share?

Every once in awhile, a song comes along and demands attention, currently the song blowing my mind right now is...
Kesha - Praying

Comments

• xIK0N88x
    728 postsPosts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly didn't know Kesha had that kind of voice, that song is amazing. I know you don't like country but my favorite country artist of all time just came out with a new song called "The Older I Get"

One of my favorite artists of all time Vinnie Paz has an amazing song called "Is Happiness Just a Word?"

Have you heard about Titanfall Tuesday? CLICK HERE to find out!
    Twitter ~ Titanfall2sDay
    PS4 Community ~ Search "Titanfall Tuesday"
    XBL Club ~ Search "Titanfall Tuesday"
  • BrenoECB
    285 postsPosts: 349
    music in my country is deplorable...
  • Jazman2k
    248 postsPosts: 308 ✭✭✭
    I am artist myself, i make all kinds of electronic music. Trance, ambient etc. You can find my latest works from soundcloud. www.soundcloud.com/project-sirius
  • HurtMaker3
    1454 postsPosts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a huge 90s rock fan. Anything from stone temple pilots to soundgarden, i love it all. Im picky with my rap. Tupac, zro, yelawolf and kid cudi mostly. Love my metal, slipknot, lamb of god etc. Im very picky with country, ryan upchurch is phenomenal though. I used to be big into alot of edm (electronic/dubstep) nero, klaypex and some mainstream style like tiesto. All that being said i love queen and freddy mercury was the greatest singer that every lived. Period.

Music has and alway will be a huge part of my life. I listen to music everyday.
  • SnakeSound222
    161 postsPosts: 170
    I only listen to soundtracks from movies, TV shows, and video games.
  • RedShield75
    1028 postsPosts: 1,103 ✭✭✭
    My favorite songs can be found from FTL, Portal Stories: Mel, Portal 2, Terraria, The Fat Rat, Star Wars.
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • Magikf1ngers
    3689 postsPosts: 3,723 mod
    Me? I'm about 90% old school.

I'm the fat white guy you see driving around with Hendrix cranked, singing along with every word. Same with Iron Butterfly, old-school Ozzy / Black Sabbath, Dio/Rainbow. Probably the biggest Led Zeppelin fan you'll meet in your lifetime, etc.

But the rest is very eclectic. Heavy Metal, even the new stuff (e.g. - Hatebreed, FFDP, etc), some weird old-school .. not sure how to classify type music (Type O Negative, Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie and all of his different incarnations) - and some guilty pleasures (Linkin Park, Nickelback, etc) - also on board with @HurtMaker3 with the '90s stuff - here in Seattle obviously that was a huge thing, and many of the '90s artists I saw in a couple of clubs before they were big (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, a band called Green River (Which, ironically - the river it was named for ran right behind my house growing up)

@xIK0N88x - I love Vinnie Paz. Completely outside of my normal tastes, but he's awesome. I used to listen to his work with my son that passed away. A week before he passed away, he dedicated this song to me on Facebook. I can't listen to it without getting choked up:

My wife has opened my eyes a little to country - I took her to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill in 2008 in Anaheim - the last stop of that year's Soul 2 Soul tour. Still not my favorite, but I don't automatically change the station when it comes on.

So - now to get rid of this lump in my throat .. I give you music from the year I was born - 1968:

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Magikf1ngers
    3689 postsPosts: 3,723 mod
    I only listen to soundtracks from movies, TV shows, and video games.

Mechwarrior 2.

Best Video Game Soundtrack Ever.

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Player_dt647wt9
    233 postsPosts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    I listen to aggrotech and drum & bass. Phosgore, Terrorkode, Centhron, DJ Dieselboy, DJ? Acucrack and my favorite, Alien Vampires all thrown onto a datastick and played randomly. Fast and aggressive. Really gets me into the mindset for the fast-paced combat, and a lot of the aggrotech beats synch up perfectly with titans footsteps.
    This stuff is like war drums for me:)
    I've also tried it with the mechwarrior 2 tunes like the dude above me, with the tracks from mechwarrior 2: mercenaries thrown in. Adds a whole different vibe to the game and not in a bad way.
  • Player_dt647wt9
    233 postsPosts: 250 ✭✭✭
    Also Bolt Thrower. Epic war music.
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    515 postsPosts: 636 Community Manager
    Fun topic. It's cool to hear what everyone is in to.

I'm all over the place. I enjoy lots of types of music and it depends on what I'm doing. I'm with Laddie though with Country music. Just can't get into it.

Currently, I listen to a lot of ambient stuff at work - usually electronic and upbeat.

In the car and around the house I've been listening to a lot of 90's R&B and Hip Hop.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • xIK0N88x
    728 postsPosts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    I love Vinnie Paz. Completely outside of my normal tastes, but he's awesome. I used to listen to his work with my son that passed away. A week before he passed away, he dedicated this song to me on Facebook. I can't listen to it without getting choked up:

Yeah man, I'm sorry for your loss. He had great taste in music. I get a little choked up listening to this song as well. Vinnie Paz does that in quite a few times.

Have you heard about Titanfall Tuesday? CLICK HERE to find out!
    Twitter ~ Titanfall2sDay
    PS4 Community ~ Search "Titanfall Tuesday"
    XBL Club ~ Search "Titanfall Tuesday"
  • laddie13
    313 postsPosts: 339 mod
    I remember the first time I heard Hawthorne Heights song Ohio Is For Lovers, I instantly fell in love. Almost 14 years later I still love that song! I secretly play this song on jukeboxes to see who sings along, its always a great conversation starter.

I love the band The Plot In You and I’m super excited they are about to release a new album in February. They did an amazing cover of Let It Go (not the Disney movie song) on the most recent Punk Goes POP.

Respawn’s own Chuck Wilson (Laden) has an album out and is working on another.

http://ladenband.com/releases