Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Weird Stuttering in Multiplayer

Gamerbot4000YT
11 postsPosts: 12
edited July 2017
So I have been experiencing these weird lag stutters recently, and I have no idea how to fix it. It is affecting my performance, and how much I enjoy playing because it takes away from the smoothness of the gameplay. It is not frame lag, as the video linked shows, I have MSI afterburner showing the fps. Its more like server stuttering, but just for me. No one else in my games seems to be experiencing this problem. My internet is working fine for everything else, including playing online in other games, and general web browsing, YouTube, etc., its just Titanfall 2 I have been having this issue with. I used to not have this issue, but one day it just started happening, and its been happening ever since. However, sometimes I play Titanfall 2 at my other parent's house, on a different computer and internet (still same area, and same data center), but it does not have this problem and it is using the same Origin account as the computer having the stutter issue, so it probably isn't a problem with my account settings or something like that. I have tried clearing Origin's cache and everything, and would rather not have to reinstall Titanfall 2, since it took forever to download in the first place. I've restarted my router, my computer several times, made sure all my drivers are up to date, clearing my %temp% folder, doing a repair on my Titanfall 2 installation (through the Origin app), disabling the in-game Origin overlay, and it isn't helping. ANY HELP is HUGELY appreciated, thank you. I have linked a video of me playing multiplayer showcasing the stuttering I am experiencing, with the settings shown in the video. The video is in a 16:10 aspect ratio because that is the monitor I have.

Video of me playing online with the stuttering:

Specs of my PC (in case this helps somehow):
i3 6100
GTX 950
1tb HDD 7200 rpm
16gb ram running at 2133 mhz

Comments

• Gamerbot4000YT
    Oh and yes I have tried switching data centers, I've tried several, including ones not in my area, and still this problem persists.
  • likeaboss1606
    61 postsPosts: 66
    Finally I find someone with this problem. Started when I switched to a new rig. For me it happens when I would get FPS drops on a weaker PC. And it feels just like normal stuttering but only affecting the mouse.
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    Any solutions yet? It's weird, the stuttering doesn't happen at my other parents house even though that PC is weaker than the one having the stuttering issue
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    Does anyone in these forums even help?
  • Zadatta
    8 postsPosts: 9
    check if windows game mode is on. If so, turn it off first in-game (press windowsKey +G while in menu, might only work in windowed mode). Then go to settings and turn of DVR and GameMode.
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    I checked and i dont have the windows creators update so i do not have game mode, and there is also no DVR setting for me. So i do not think this is the problem. Also, i reinstalled the game and it did not fix anything. Any other suggestions?
  • likeaboss1606
    Zadatta wrote: »
    check if windows game mode is on. If so, turn it off first in-game (press windowsKey +G while in menu, might only work in windowed mode). Then go to settings and turn of DVR and GameMode.

I have Windows 7, so...
  • likeaboss1606
    Ok, looks like I found a solution, at least partial...set the pagefile size to a fixed value, or disable it completely.
    Now it's far less noticeable for me.
  • FREEGUNNER
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Ok, looks like I found a solution, at least partial...set the pagefile size to a fixed value, or disable it completely.
    Now it's far less noticeable for me.

It's definitely related to pagefile size. This game for whatever reason has a high commit hit to RAM. During my testing it demanded that windows reserves 11 GB for it yet the game only uses around 5 GB.

I've got 16 GB RAM so I always just assumed it was enough since it usually never goes above 60% used in the task manager. In the resource monitor though it was showing only 2 MB free while playing TiFall2: http://imgur.com/1xET4kF

With no where else to go it's probably using the pagefile which is slow and for some reason windows set to only 2 GB for me.

Really bizarre considering BF1 (a game you'd expect to use a lot of RAM) only uses around 3 GB and commits 6 GB at least on my rig.
    Long story short, I set my page file to 32 GB (2 x total RAM), closed out of a bunch of other **** and so far I haven't gotten any stutters.
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    How do you set the pagefile? I have no idea what that means
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    And its wierd, the stuttering went away for like a week then suddenly started back up this is killing me
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    And this time, the stuttering is at least twice as bad as before...
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    Now its getting worse sometimes i can hardly move because the stuttering rubberbands me so much, and its affecting the enjoyability of the movement system so much its almost not even worth playing anymore since its also so much harder to hit ppl with this stuttery internet lag that i only get in titanfall 2. I dont have any internet issues in any other games at all, and i have reinstalled the whole game and everything and NOTHING is working. Can someone please help me already!?!?
  • g156h
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Sorry this won't help but I had the same problems yesterday evening (20th) where I couldn't move for a few seconds and horrendous stuttering to the point it was unplayable I gave up after 2 matches.
    Had no problems playing other games on origin or steam.
    Guessing it was the game servers having a meltdown so the problem might not be your rig.
    Played today its back to normal.

• Gamerbot4000YT
    No its been going on for a few weeks now and it is still happening to me even worse. No other games have this problem. And its not that my computer isnt fast enough. it has plenty of power to run this game. I even turn the settings and resolution down just to be sure and get like 150 fps, but the server stuttering is still there. It almost isnt even freezing (although sometimes it does). Its more so a stutter in my movement, so i cant really slide hop or wall run effectively, which is kinda the whole point of Titanfall. Nothing else related to my internet is having this problem, it is really frustrating me. No one seems to have a fix. I even resinstalled the game and i still get this problem. It actually went away for like a week it was not stuttery at all then it started getting stuttery again and even worse and worse as time goes by
  • ENDgie
    2 postsPosts: 2
    2 questions, how do you set pagefile? And the people with the mouse stutter, is like me where randomly or for the whole play session mouse movement feels more sluggish or your inches/360 just drops? Because this has been plaguing me since I got the game. this has happened over 2 cpus (i3 6100 and i5 7500) on a rx 470 that gets me a constant 110+fps on low settings with long draw distance.
  • Gamerbot4000YT
    I'm not sure, and its more body movement rather than mouse movement thats been laggy for me. Its like a constant slight rubber banding effect, or like I will pause on my screen for a small fraction of a second, but the animations will keep going so its something with internet stuff, not problems with my pc's performance, as it also only happens in multiplayer. Its a small stutter every 3 to 5 seconds consistently that affects my ability to slide hop and just in general wall running and any regular movement as well.
  • Jinko_itx
    17 postsPosts: 21
    i know this is a little late but what do you have your texture streaming budget on in the game settings?
  • Yes, i have it set to very low right now, and have tried setting it to none as well as lowering all the other options including resolution. It is definitely not that my pc cant handle it, becuase it can. I run at 120+ fps on all low settings if i really want to, otherwise usually 70-80 fps with the settings slightly up. It is definitely an internet thing, i just dont know what, since titanfall 2 is the only game that suffers from this problem for me.
  • I was playing the game just fine. Then stuttering and distorted sounds came on. this was about 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago my video card broke down ard I bought a gtx1070 hoping I would play the game flawlessly. but no, that was not the issue. I read and read and no adjustments helped. FIY I run an i5 16 gb ram with a gtx1070. 3 days ago MINT.exe popped up. I searched and found that was a virus using my GPU for mining. When I cleaned it out of the system. Everything was back to normal. This sh** , pardon my language, just sucked up my resourses to mine bitcoins. So this may be everyones problem. check the directory C:\Windows\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Settings

under appcontainer you may have another folder. people have different answers for that.
    Anyway check for a bitcoin miner in your system