Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Pet horror stories

laddie13
383 postsPosts: 418 mod
edited June 2017
We all love our furry friends, but sometimes they really push that love to the limit. Late last year a stray cat appeared in my neighborhood. Being a cat lover, I started feeding it, and even bought a water bowl that kept the water from freezing. Little did I know, she also has a family of five tiny kittens. Long story short, a neighbor helped me take them in from the cold. I took in two of the kittens, and they took the rest. They wanted the grey and white one, and knew someone that would take two of them. I also knew of two people looking for kittens, unfortunately, one found out he wasn't actually allowed to have cats in his apartment, so I took the cat back. He had been calling him Spooky, or Spooky Tooth named after Fat Head's pumpkin beer. He's all black with one white whisker, and a small patch of white under his belly.

While trying to place him in another home, I ended up falling in love with him, and kept him, despite the fact that my other cat did not approve. Spooky was a good name, I approved of its origin, but I decided to change his name to Diablo, after one of my favorite video games. Diablo loves video games, so it suited him. Unfortunately for me, Diablo has really lived up to his name. He is a chewing machine! First it was an iPhone charging cord, then another, and yet another. Next came a cord to an X1 controller, and adding insult to injury, he eventually completely destroyed the controller, and charge pack by knocking over a glass of iced tea directly on it. Each time I forgive him, and he's so cute, I just can't be mad, but this time, Diablo was really evil!

PSN has been killing it with the game deals, and i recently purchased, three new PSVR games that I was looking forward to trying out. I also need to finish Farpoint, a game I quit playing due to the fact the aforementioned devil cat knocked down the PSVR camera, and I'd been too lazy to recalibrate it.

Tonight I came home from work, eager to go cage diving with sharks. I put the camera back up, started up the headset, all lights were on, microphone detected, but no picture through the headset. I literally tried fixing everything that might be the cause of the problem, to no avail. Finally, I notice the cord (of course the one attached and built into the headset) has a series of tiny teeth marks. Upon closer inspection, I find it's much more sinister than that. He has successfully chewed through the wire, not in half but just enough so wires are frayed, and obviously not making the proper connection. It's not looking like it can be spliced, as it is made up of a group of smaller wires.

I think the lessen here is, do not name your cat Diablo! Despite all of his bad behavior, I wouldn't trade him for the world! I'll be contacting Sony to see about getting the PSVR fixed. I will also be buying a case to store it in.

Does anyone else have any pet horror stories they would like to share?

Comments

• laddie13
    I forgot to mention Diablo also chewed my Titanfall Turtle Beach headset. They did boast IMC colors though, and we hate the IMC! #teammilitia
  • JTR277
    231 postsPosts: 236 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe it.......................

Your using a corded X1 controller !?

:)
    XB1 - EST - Dallas Server

A wise man once said..................................nothing
  • laddie13
    JTR277 wrote: »
    I can't believe it.......................

Your using a corded X1 controller !?

:)

It's only corded when it needs charging!
  • xIK0N88x
    822 postsPosts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have any horror stories. However, I just took my dog to a dog park because he finally got all of his shots and I wanted him to socialize with other dogs and what not. Well that night, we noticed he had fleas. These have been an absolute pain in the **** to get rid of. Flea powder, flea bath, bomb my room with everything, frontline.. these little **** are relentless.
  • laddie13
    I’ve always used frontline, but my dog got fleas this year as well, and then my cats. I found the Advantage worked better.
  • xIK0N88x
    822 postsPosts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    laddie13 wrote: »
    I’ve always used frontline, but my dog got fleas this year as well, and then my cats. I found the Advantage worked better.

I can't seem to find anything on it. If I have a flea collar on him, can I use the frontline or advantage as well? Or do I have to do one or the other?
  • laddie13
    I don’t know, I’ve never used flea collars. I know you can give them a flea bath and a few days later give them frontline/advantage.

I definitely think the fleas were a super breed this year, as I’ve never had a problem with them before.
  • You are not alone Laddie. My wife recently took in a black kitten (just in time for Halloween) that had been hanging around a neighbor's back deck & this particular cat is an iPhone cord chewer, but is doing it less and less, thankfully. The neighbor, who we had never met, had spotted my wife at the mailbox and flagged her down to ask for help with this cat. "Help" meaning they will capture the little beast and bring it over. My wife has never turned away a stray cat and is on the "crazy cat-lady" registry! So my pet horror story occurs when I'm at work and a picture of a strange cat pops up on my phone...

P.S. I did finally meet these neighbors at a wedding reception and thanked them for the lovely house-warming gift! :)
  • laddie13
    It must be a black cat thing! Mine has slowed down on chewing things too, but I still try to hide all things I think he will get, you just can’t trust cats!

Someone recommended I get this iPhone charging cable, I’ve yet to order one, but I think it would definitely be cat-proof!

https://www.fusechicken.com/products/titan