Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Issue with the War Games? Post it here.

R3C0N54
19 postsPosts: 43 Community Manager
Please provide the following:
Platform:
Map/Mode if applicable:
Be as detailed as you can when describing steps that lead to issue:
Any screens or capture:
Can you reproduce the issue?

Comments

• DoomestosCZ
    306 postsPosts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Platform: PC
    Map/Mode: Any map, modes are Attrition and Bounty Hunt
    Detailed issue: I highly dislike the new change to stalkers exploding when in collision with titans. I demand reversing that thing. I also want to kindly ask you for being more open with patch notes, and tell us everything when it's changed. Be more communicative towards your fanbase. Otheriwise, I would love to see the new Amped Weapons timer buffed a bit, atleast to one minute of lasting, but I see what you did there and what is it's meaning. The rest of nerfs is fine as it is.
    No screen capture needed I guess?
    Can I reproduce the issue? Many times I want actually, well..with those patch notes, we gotta wait for another update to see if it can be reproduced or not, heh

UPDATE: JayFresh fixed the patch notes issue and explained changes, so I have nothing to complain about as of now..welp, besides from Stalker issue. It is a good idea to force titans to actually work for their points, but the stalker effect is just too op to them. You should lower the damage they take as of now. Please, consider lowering the dealing damage they do now, OR buff up points gained from killing them, because it is a bit unfair to get one point for a very dangerous exploding machine, just as for a grunt, who does completly nothing to you.
    I don't aim with my sight. I aim with my passion. It's my faith that pulls the trigger. I don't kill with my gun. I kill with my devotion.
  • FavouriteBroom
    223 postsPosts: 240 ✭✭
    Xbox one
    Map any so far and mode.
    I am seeing some animation issues when I am getting out of my monarch. It will pause my view for a moment and then get out as if the second half of the exit animation is broken.

When stealing a atlas tier titans battery my pilot goes for completely wrong spot, the battery when you are putting your hands on it isn't there you are grabbing more so at the shoulder and the batter is just floating above you.
  • bobi4500
    14 postsPosts: 15
    Map/Mode: Any map, modes are Attrition and Bounty Hunt
    Detailed issue: I highly dislike the new change to stalkers exploding when in collision with titans.

I agree completely. LEAST that could be done is to reduce the damage taken from stepping on them. For now each stalker takes away 1/2 a bar of HP which is WAY too much. A Ronin/Northstar lose almost all their health just from one group. I understand you might be trying to push player into playing other modes, but I don't find ruining the most played ones acceptable. After all the game is called Titanfall and titans should have a major role in such case.
  • CombatW1zard
    1 postsPosts: 1
    To much damage from stalkers road kill please roll damage taken back.
  • LamAbyss90
    80 postsPosts: 86
    Yeah, amped weapons is garbage now...
  • P_O_OLD_MAN
    678 postsPosts: 699 ✭✭✭
    Either roll the damage the Stalkers do exploding or give us 2 points for killing them. They take up to three 40 mm cannon shots to kill one, so make my time worth it if we have to kill them.
    Xbox One - Gen [email protected] TF1 Pilot
  • PRJ_since1990
    12 postsPosts: 14
    Haven't experienced the Stalker problem yet but agreed completely. Please reduce damage.

Animation issue. Rodeoing a friendly Titan with a battery on your person results in the frag grenade down the battery hole animation playing.
  • Issue : there is no detailled patchnotes

Map/Mode if applicable: new maps are mentionned but no gameplay change like Amped weapon nerf
    Steps that lead to issue: Starting the game, looking for patchnotes
    Any screens or capture:
    [img][/img]905241updatelack.jpg

Can you reproduce the issue? easly
    Comment : the uptade is cool , but dont do shady stuff like not delivering complete patchnotes.
  • ToxicApollo117
    67 postsPosts: 76
    edited June 2017
    Map/Mode if applicable: Attrition and Bounty Hunt
    I am just gonna write two sentence:
    War game is good. But who's "good" idea was it to buff stalkers???
    "Some of you may consider this overkill. It is"
  • AI_software
    254 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭
    Platform: Xbox One
    Be as detailed as you can when describing steps that lead to issue: When I have my third weapon in my hands (in my case it's an anti-titan weapon) and then I press (not hold) Y to switch back to my primary, sometimes it pulls out my secondary weapon instead.
    Can you reproduce the issue: It has happened a few times but it doesn't happen every time either
    RIP Volt -| |- 05.30.17
  • lamb_EAOrigin
    703 postsPosts: 741 ✭✭✭
    Platform: Xbox One
    Map/Mode if applicable: Intro of War Games
    Be as detailed as you can when describing steps that lead to issue:
    Many animations seem to be broken and glitched, especially around titans and the War Games Intro sequence. Thinks like entering a Titan or pulling a battery.
    Any screens or capture:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lamb ixB/video/33267287
    Can you reproduce the issue: It almost happens all the time.
    [/quote]

• davidmahg
    466 postsPosts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Tone Prime and Ronin Prime still have broken nose arts from the Monarch Reigns DLC. Also the camos are stretched when applied to Tone Prime, severely reducing quality.
  • daryKENG
    214 postsPosts: 217
    davidmahg wrote: »
    Tone Prime and Ronin Prime still have broken nose arts from the Monarch Reigns DLC. Also the camos are stretched when applied to Tone Prime, severely reducing quality.

Maybe not broken, special feature
  • mustardmarc
    98 postsPosts: 107
    All platforms, stalkers now explode and take way too much health from a titan. You've nerfed titans into the ground with this ridiculous change. How can you possibly think this is a good idea?

You are ruining this game and trying to make titan combat unnecessary.
  • AsiansIn4K
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Stalkers and amped weapons ruined in this update, with the such quick kill times I'm this game I never found amped weapons to be an issue you just had to kill them more efficiently, the new stalkers are a bit ridiculous as a titan should be able to hold a point down since you know, it's a titan? Especially with everyone having antititan now they just feel so weak.
  • Eiighty
    11 postsPosts: 11
    edited June 2017
    The melee in this game is still completely broken. I'll swing, see my character's arm move to punch, and still get melee'd by the other person. Could you guys please either figure out a way to make it 100% obvious that the other person melee'd first, or take this broken melee out of the game? It's beyond frustrating.. Getting killed and losing is one thing, but not understanding how or why is beyond annoying in an FPS.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4483 postsPosts: 4,536 mod
    Eiighty wrote: »
    The melee in this game is still completely broken. I'll swing, see my character's arm move to punch, and still get melee'd by the other person. Could you guys please either figure out a way to make it 100% obvious that the other person melee'd first, or take this broken melee out of the game? It's beyond frustrating.. Getting killed and losing is one thing, but not understanding how or why is beyond annoying in an FPS.

Jay already said they're looking at Melee, they realize there's issues with it. However, when he said that, there wasn't enough time for them to get anything in for this DLC drop. My guess is the DLC drop for July or August would have the fix.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Eiighty wrote: »

Jay already said they're looking at Melee, they realize there's issues with it. However, when he said that, there wasn't enough time for them to get anything in for this DLC drop. My guess is the DLC drop for July or August would have the fix.

I see nothing wrong with actual melee , i win 75-80% of my melee interaction because i'v good internet connection and sharp reflexes.

On an other note I think Coliséum was better with Epg-phase , than with shotgun
  • Eiighty
    11 postsPosts: 11
    edited June 2017
    Eiighty wrote: »

I see nothing wrong with actual melee , i win 75-80% of my melee interaction because i'v good internet connection and sharp reflexes.

On an other note I think Coliséum was better with Epg-phase , than with shotgun
    Reflexes have next to nothing to do with it if, on my screen, I swung before you. And since I typically have 5-10 ping on the US East server I know it isn't lag.

• P_O_OLD_MAN
    On Xbox One I'm seeing a LOT of broken animations. Getting out of Titans, getting into Titans, Getting out of Drop Ships (doors closed, then i fly through it) all sorts of weird stuff that never happened before and on any map too.
    Secondly, the X button is just not working when I try to disembark my Titan. 80% of the time it starts the reload animation sequence instead of letting me out - even if my Tone 40 mm gun is full. That never happened before either.
    And I'm getting no salvo lock for Tone after 3+ critical hits on Titans. Other times, I shoot wildly into a group of Titans and suddenly it locks onto all of them. Just broken nonsense.
    Please stop putting unpaid interns on your Dev Team or Q&A Team.
  • P_O_OLD_MAN
    XBox One - Oregon 1 Server
    Multiple Maps in Attrition (which I only play)
    Reproduced: At least 3 Times that I remember in about 2 hours of game play
    Issue: I am carrying a battery, I leap on to a Friendly Titan's back to give it to them and I drop a Grenade into his battery hole and then Leap off. This isn't just an animation issue, I am doing damage to a Friendly Titan and I kept the Battery too! This is a game breaking Behavior.
    Please do something about your Q&A testing, because this is ridiculous.
    Here is the Video:
  • P_O_OLD_MAN
    edited June 2017
    XBox One
    Multiple Maps in Attrition (which I only play)
    Reproduced: Multiple Times.
    Issue: Sporadically I can not pass a Battery to a Friendly Titan. Watch as I try and give this battery to 2 friendly Titans, but the game fails to recognize I am holding the X button as I leap at them. I even get the prompt. X button. The X button works fine for reloading or other aspects of the game, but the Game simply isn't recognizing I can give them a battery. You can even hear my Pilot call out I have a battery to give them, so I am pressing X!
    Here is the most recent video of this nonesense
  • P_O_OLD_MAN
    Haven't experienced the Stalker problem yet but agreed completely. Please reduce damage.

Animation issue. Rodeoing a friendly Titan with a battery on your person results in the frag grenade down the battery hole animation playing.
    Same thing happened to me on Xbox One multiple times. However I actually did damage to the friendly Titan and I kept the Battery ! I have a video showing it too, so this isn't just cosmetic.
  • BlueSulphur224
    234 postsPosts: 268 ✭✭
    Platform: Xbox and ps4 (maybe in pc too)
    Map/mode: any
    Issue: when I disembark, my pilot freezes for a moment before fully exiting.
    Can it be reproduced: yes, it happens almost every time
  • True64Pilot
    13 postsPosts: 15
    Platforma: xBox One
    Map/mode: War Games/any

Issue: Pilots can climb the wall corners till really high with no Tried to flee the battle message.

Can it be reproduced: Yes, take a look at my video.

• ProjectBangarang
    3680 postsPosts: 3,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platforma: xBox One
    Map/mode: War Games/any

Issue: Pilots can climb the wall corners till really high with no Tried to flee the battle message.

Can it be reproduced: Yes, take a look at my video.

So what?
    "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • kittyjedi9
    13 postsPosts: 13
    Xbox One
    Complex
    Dropped my titan on the patch of grass next to the tunnel closer to C....like I have before. I jumped in it and I'm dead from a fall?
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager
    Update on the animation bugs for rodeo and sim pod - we released a hotfix today that should address those. Please let us know if you continue to see them.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • BlueSulphur224
    234 postsPosts: 268 ✭✭
    @Jayfresh_Respawn I've also seen people claim that the rodeo is glitched. Apparently when you rodeo a friendly titan to say give them a battery, you damage them instead, but trying to rodeo enemies acts as if you were rodeoing friendlies, I havent experienced it myself, but I thought I'd note it here. Also apparently when you disembark your titan you get frozen for a bit and its annoying. Thats all I can say for now, but I encourage you all to report these issues calmly, rather than ranting. Yes there are multiple bugs that snuck their way through, but the faster we can bring attention to them, the faster they will get fixed.
  • FavouriteBroom
    223 postsPosts: 240 ✭✭
    I am fairly certain the animation glitches have to do with the fact the war game animation at the start uses titans from the second game but originally used the first games. Likely messed something up, as most animation issues have to do with titans and the only animations added were those. Give it time they will fix it. <3 respawn <3