Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Simple but new titan idea... Cryo

LordWebsta
3 postsPosts: 4
So since the release of the game I have always felt it was missing an ICE based titan to combat the Fire based Scorch titan.

So i have thought about this in great deal and have talked to many online gamers and i thought its time i should bring it up to respawn in hopes that they may listen to fans.

My idea is simple and wouldnt require a lot of work or money but would add a new titan that im sure the community would love.

Name: Cryo

Cryo is the Scorch's "chilled out" twin
He looks identical to Scorch but is an ICE based titan not a FIRE based titan, this makes a great suprise on the battle field

His Primary Weapon is an N-203 Nitrogen Launcher, pumps out like a scorch but blue not yellow
Ordnance is an ICEwall just like a scorch's firewall
Defensive ability is an ICE Shield. Now the best part is if and when a Scorch and a Cryo go head to head with Shields the two together make electric smoke that hurts both titans.
Tactical Ability is an Nitrogen trap that works much like the scorch's traps
Core ability is an ICE core that works like the scorch's but is an ice field nor fire.

Cryo would be a great addition to the Titans and being a Twin to the Scorch means low cost to introduce.
just changing the color and maybe some graphics from fire to ice is all that would realy be required.

I hope this wont me over looked becasue building new titans into the game would be amazing for every player and this one is real simple yet new all at the same time.
I mean why reinvent the wheel when you have one already

Vote for Cryo guys and lets all chill out

Comments

• LordWebsta
    Bump
  • BlueSulphur224
    234 postsPosts: 268 ✭✭
    LordWebsta wrote: »
    So since the release of the game I have always felt it was missing an ICE based titan to combat the Fire based Scorch titan.

So i have thought about this in great deal and have talked to many online gamers and i thought its time i should bring it up to respawn in hopes that they may listen to fans.

My idea is simple and wouldnt require a lot of work or money but would add a new titan that im sure the community would love.

Name: Cryo

Cryo is the Scorch's "chilled out" twin
    He looks identical to Scorch but is an ICE based titan not a FIRE based titan, this makes a great suprise on the battle field

His Primary Weapon is an N-203 Nitrogen Launcher, pumps out like a scorch but blue not yellow
    Ordnance is an ICEwall just like a scorch's firewall
    Defensive ability is an ICE Shield. Now the best part is if and when a Scorch and a Cryo go head to head with Shields the two together make electric smoke that hurts both titans.
    Tactical Ability is an Nitrogen trap that works much like the scorch's traps
    Core ability is an ICE core that works like the scorch's but is an ice field nor fire.

Cryo would be a great addition to the Titans and being a Twin to the Scorch means low cost to introduce.
    just changing the color and maybe some graphics from fire to ice is all that would realy be required.

I hope this wont me over looked becasue building new titans into the game would be amazing for every player and this one is real simple yet new all at the same time.
    I mean why reinvent the wheel when you have one already

Vote for Cryo guys and lets all chill out

It sounds like a cool concept but in-game having basically slow-down scorch instead of damage over time isn't all too different and would get old quick
  • OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of an Ice titan that can trap foes in ice but I'd hate to be a titan trapped in ice.

I'm hoping for two more titans to balance things out: a mid-range light titan, and a close-range heavy titan

Rumors are that the heavy titan is RAAM or Bison and will use a titan grapple. Perhaps playing like Road-hog from over-watch. I hope he's the next titan to come!

But a mid-range light titan would be interesting. Maybe that's the one that'll use the old titanfall 1 Arc thrower weapon with a Arc bolt offensive ability that was shown in GDC prototyping builds.

As much as I like ice I don't think it would make much sense as a titan element. Fire, lighting, rockets, energy... Maybe rock element would be a better fit.
  • LordWebsta
    The idea is to get new titans to help control the field but to keep the cost down for the company so that they can bring us new content.
    And as for ICE well yeah its not a far stretch we have the ability for such a titan as much as a scorch titan.
    The idea is to take stuff we already have but to reintroduce it in a different way to give us as players more content and a better understanding of each titan to help control the battle field.

The Cryo titan is just a simple way to give us a new titan with keeping the idea of titanfall its self. If you know the history of titanfall you will know its all about corp's and how they control the stars, so whos to say that corp A made the Scorch but corp be has taken the scorch and re-mastered it to a cold based titan to directly combat the scorch.

I do like how they say they love fan input and all, but the lack of any reply or a hint of someone from the company actually reading the posts here isnt shown at all
  • LordWebsta
    When i say trapped in ice i dont mean your titan becomes still and cant move.
    The trap would work just like the fire bombs but it would produce a cold damage over a fire damage. meaning the screen would show ice not fire, and the sound wouldnt be of fire hitting you but more icing over.
    If you haven't noticed your titan already slows when in a scorch trap.

but again if they were to give use more titans, why should they make new titans when the idea of the titans were built off of 3 types and that different factions stole the ideas and made concepts of their own. off of them.

The Cryo acts and looks like a scorch in all ways up till it hits head to head with a scorch and both shields together make a bad result for both.
    We all know how bad it is for a scorch shield to be in front of us so why not give the scorch a shield to run from
  • This one would be neat as a new prime titan that changes not only the appearance but changes the visuals. A dry ice based Scorch would be fun in concept but idk if it would be as good as thermite to the sciencey people