Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

I'm new to titanfall 2. Why am i being paired up with exceeding higher rank players?

GOARMYKILL
1 postsPosts: 3
Its a huge change going from titanfall 1 to 2. Most of my deaths involves me being stuck on the wall runs i can not cancel out and also the most embarrassing to me, thinking i can hack the specters that are apparrently not hackable. I am pretty much playing this as a new inexperience player that I am now to Titanfall 2. The game is fun and will require me adjusting to alot of new features and differences from titanfall 1. But why am i being paired up with exceedingly high experience players then my own? It does make the game a bit frustrating. Is this something respawn is going to adjust or is this a sink or swim situation for me?

Comments

• Greystripe007
    72 postsPosts: 88
    Hi there, welcome to Titanfall 2. As we are already months into this game and there hasn't really been an influx of new players recently, you'll probably get paired up with sweaty players more often than not.

As for the Spectre hacking issue. You can't hack Spectres in Bounty Hunt. Only in Attrition.
    TF1 and TF2: All achievements unlocked #SecureTheFrontier
  • GOARMYKILL
    1 postsPosts: 3
    is it a special skill i need in attrition. thats the only mode i play and dont have the option to manually hack them with the data knife, or am i doing something wrong?
  • AKoolPopTart
    4 postsPosts: 5
    Welcome to ****!!!! :D

Just hang in there, use your environment, and don't let obliteration stop you from playing. The game is quite fun once you figure out how to either avoid or counter the ultra-sweaty players (Hint hint: Holo baiting FTW)
  • 3y3c0n
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Ive only picked this up on PS4 a few weeks ago, used to be a huge fan of TF1 and find a lot of the weapons have a familiar feel.
    Relic, Homestead (colony) and Angel City should be familiar to you if you've played TF1..

It does not really matter if you get teamed up with high level players, I generally find that map awareness and knowing your weapons is enough to consistently put you in the top 3 on the scoreboard. Sometimes fast reactions help too..

Some matches im absolutely wrecking and then I get a few where I'm firmly planted at the bottom of the scoreboard.. usually when im testing new loadouts so stick with weapons you're comfortable with, get used to those, learn the maps and routes, then try new guns and tactics.

Wipe out all grunts, in titan just run over everything, points rack up fast.

To cancel out of a wall run tap crouch.
    Keep practising, it will all come back to you..

Most of all, have fun, even losing gets you xp and levels, I'd rather have a fun match and lose than have a **** time and win.
  • Mudjestic
    30 postsPosts: 31
    You can hack spectres in Attrition, just be sure not to confuse them with stalkers, as you can't hack stalkers. And you can cancel out a wallrun by pressing your crouch button during a wallrun.
  • Limonstrosity
    993 postsPosts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    GOARMYKILL wrote: »
    Its a huge change going from titanfall 1 to 2. Most of my deaths involves me being stuck on the wall runs i can not cancel out and also the most embarrassing to me, thinking i can hack the specters that are apparrently not hackable. I am pretty much playing this as a new inexperience player that I am now to Titanfall 2. The game is fun and will require me adjusting to alot of new features and differences from titanfall 1. But why am i being paired up with exceedingly high experience players then my own? It does make the game a bit frustrating. Is this something respawn is going to adjust or is this a sink or swim situation for me?

Sink or swim, unfortunately.

May the Titanfall gods have mercy on ye!
    XBL GT - Limonade [TF2 Rank: G74.07 | TF1 Rank: G1 Level 50]
    Origins: Limonstrosity