Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Why Scorch is no longer even remotely viable

lupedefend
postsPosts: 1
So earlier today I decided that I would goo back to playing my main titan thinking that it would be business a usual playing decently against other titans but found out just how wrong I was

With most players playing as Monarch at the moment it has become extremely obvious that Scorch is simply not viable anymore as Monarch is able to easily counter every one of Scorch's abilities without even breaking a sweat
First when comparing their main guns Monarch is able to beat Scorch hands down no matter the scenario even without any upgrades. When you compare their next ability with Monarch being able to give herself partial shields versus Scorch with the inferno shield Monarch can force the shield into cool down within seconds simply between her siphon and her main gun even more so if Monarch has arc rounds. Monarch can counter Scorch's gas canister easily between her relatively high mobility and the inevitable shield that she has and the firewall may as well be useless for anything other than lighting gas cans as she just takes it on her shield then gets out before it does any permanent damage. When comparing their cores it can hardly be considered a competition; assuming Scorch's connects if Monarch has hers ready the fire only takes off one bar of health which she then covers with her shield siphon.
There have been battles where I have the advantage as Scorch and I land every shot and every ability perfectly yet I still die having only taken barely half of the health of the Monarch before she inevitably executes me replenishing her own shields back to full effectively making Scorch now more useless than Northstar since she can at least use hit and run tactics

Comments

• T4Labok
    733 postsPosts: 777 ✭✭✭
    Scorch deserves some love from Respawn
  • Hazah13-0115-Ic
    84 postsPosts: 97
    Yeah the only one of scorchs three main uses viable in any scene at the moment is the pitiful grunt farming.
    In one v one titan fights, scorch is useless as everyone knows how to counter his underpowered state.
    And now even his positional lock down role is near useless; most pilots have learnt that if they have a dash, they can jump through the fire, take a small amount of damage, and attack the scorch who has no heavy, instant, damage hitters.
  • Pierroh
    1 postsPosts: 1
    I agreed with all of the above Scorch needs some work. I've used every Titan in the game my favorite is by far Scorch. The amount of time I've been denied a core or an execution by a Ronin legion Tone and now Monarch. I'm half way through the move and then I get executed by a other Titan and I know this doesn't happen with other Titans because I have used them. Poor Scorch has been left high and dry
  • Linnlz
    15 postsPosts: 17
    Scorch and Ion is only able to hold on because there are newbies to punish. Don't think that's good design.
  • sage11x
    1 postsPosts: 2
    The question you should be asking is NOT why Scorch is so weak but, rather, why is monarch so strong? Monarch is easy mode and they need to give her a little nerf. The fact that her rifle is more accurate than both tone's and legion's primaries is kinda ridiculous. Plus the fact that she earns TWO full bars of health on her third stage makes her the most infuriating titan to deal with and the most easy to play as. Whenever I've having a hard time in titan brawl I throw monarch on and go God mode. Dumb. To be clear: I like monarch but after respawn basically kicked the **** out of scorch and ion and tone she feels too OP.
  • TIG_blane
    185 postsPosts: 198 ✭✭
    The arc rounds draining scorchs shield was a scorch nerf. Might as well nerf the hemlock too. I love scorch, but I know he is the worst titan. Too many counters, while countering nothing. Nerf ronins block, buff scorch in multiple ways, removed arc rounds shield drain against scorch, lower its drain against ion.
  • HurtMaker3
    1498 postsPosts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sage11x wrote: »
    The question you should be asking is NOT why Scorch is so weak but, rather, why is monarch so strong? Monarch is easy mode and they need to give her a little nerf. The fact that her rifle is more accurate than both tone's and legion's primaries is kinda ridiculous. Plus the fact that she earns TWO full bars of health on her third stage makes her the most infuriating titan to deal with and the most easy to play as. Whenever I've having a hard time in titan brawl I throw monarch on and go God mode. Dumb. To be clear: I like monarch but after respawn basically kicked the **** out of scorch and ion and tone she feels too OP.

Monarch only gets extra health on 3rd upgrade if u have that kit equipped. Also i dont think the X0-16 is more accurate than the predator cannon (granted that legions is switched to long range mode)

That being said i do find her veeeeery easy to play. 1 thing about monarch though is until u start getting upgrades shes kinda weak. I like to play her like NS or tone before i get the 1st upgrade.
  • Scorch G32 here. This thread is exactly why I logged on here. Scorch can go one on one and have a decent chance of winning on scorch friendly map with any titan other than Monarch. You fire one round of with a direct hit, even with wildfire launcher and you might get 3/4 through the shield, then you gas can and firewall and you are already down at least one full bar, then you get shot for 2 or 3 more bars while you are reloading. Meanwhile the monarch energy siphoned you at least once and gets half a shield back, that your next shot barely makes it past, then between their reload and missiles you are dead. I play every titan regularly except Ion, and monarch is definitely Scorch kryptonite. General Scorch suckiness is exacerbated by titan brawl, which leaves you stuck in scorch at the beginning of so many games on maps where scorch is mostly worthless. Scorch needs the 3 round mag and an innate dash. At least then We'd be able to make use of the only reliable damage weapon we have, our FISTS OF FURY!

Also, the Monarch XO-16 is 100% accurate at the center of the crosshairs.
  • Triggahappyooo
    23 postsPosts: 26
    I too personally would like to see some improvements but within reason
    My thoughts on him are below

Well coming from a scorch main, I tend to only stick with him on certain maps as he is good in close quarter maps that are narrow ie complex, crash site, mid of colony and perhaps a few other maps. What I think is most crucial for his survival is his turbo engine to get that dash bc if u can get in that tight position then the enemy will try to back up so u can use that dash to get real close. With that I my main offensive weapon is the flame shield bc of its hella high damage and that it blocks enemy fire from front. Positioning is key for this titan as if it's caught in a bad spot, even tho it's got a ogre chassis, it'll get rekt coz it's so slow. But I'm saying that titans that back up whilst facing an advancing scorch will move slower which is good for scorchy. I do agree that arc rounds spells rip for scorch bc if he doesn't have that then he's got no consistent way of scoring good damage and defending himself when relocating positions. The canisters and flame Wall are all great in area denial and in tight areas where titans can't move and or havering it behind an enemy titan so that they either back up into it or move into scorchy for a hawt sandwich. The thermite launcher is great for hitting pilots once your comfortable with its trajectory and speed etc.

In all fairness scorch is a high skill titan to use absolutely effectively and you must be adept at predicting enemy movements so that u may engage them on your terms.

In terms of improvement, the kit that increases flame shield duration should be default so that the kits can be worthwhile. I also feel his canisters should maybe do a wee bit more damage or have slightly larger coverage of area.

Btw I believe frothyomen the YouTube has done a video on this and I may b rehashing his advice but I think it's quite sound
  • Monarch is so easy to beat. XO-16 is so inaccurate, it's basically a worse short-range minigun. No shield, and superior chassis gives monarch 1 BAR of health, not two. I know it's not Scorch but Ronin is pretty close and I curbstomp Monarch unless they're very far away. Then it's a 50/50.