Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Issue with Monarch's Reign? Post it here.

2»

Comments

• crabman169
    950 postsPosts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭
    Platform: Xbox

Map: all
    Mode: only played Titan Brawl so far

Issue: major lag spikes occasionally during a game. Game will freeze for a second and I'll rubberband hard. Makes some moments in Titan Brawl very frustrating. Twice I've had the spike and died because of it (dashed to flank but I'm frozen so enemy just ripped into me)

I've never had this happen in Titanfall 2 and I've played since Tech Test/Launch.

Battlefield doesn't even do this.

Sorry no screenshots or clips; Xbox live is full for me and Titan Brawl was a bit hairy to stop and screen/capture something and have the dvr lock up my game for a critical few seconds

Reproduce: out of my control; doesn't happen often enough to be game breaking but it is extremely annoying and needs immediate attention based on other player's experience with similar events
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • Snus83
    34 postsPosts: 35
    Platform: PC
    Map/Mode if applicable: ALL

Can you reproduce the issue?
    Yes

Half of my enemies are playing Tone. Half of my teammates are playing Tone.

So either rename the game to Tonefall 2 or nerf it already.
  • bturcotte321
    450 postsPosts: 495 ✭✭✭
    Monarch's overcore ability grants two smokes when activating a core instead of one. Turbo engine does not grant a smoke from using a core. One way or another, this needs to he corrected.
    XB1 GT: "Bturc0tt3"-- TF1: G10.50, Season 1 Diamond V -- TF2: G29 Pilot, G100 Legion.
  • Voidwalker-1998
    139 postsPosts: 143
    Snus83 wrote: »
    Why would you want to give them money, lol?

Maybe because he likes the game? Or, how about this for one of my reasons behind buying the Prime chassis, maybe we want to convince EA that cosmetic DLC is the better way to do things instead of overpriced Season Pass bull?

Every game has spam in it, just adapt and overcome. I see Titan Brawl and LTS matches full of Monarchs. Does it make me feel like no longer supporting the game? No, it just makes me pick Northstar so I can pick em all off.

And I dunno what you're on about in terms of matchmaking... maybe XBOne and PC are bad, but on PS4 I'm able to find games quickly and it's rare i get a game full of mouse & keyboard adapter using tryhards so... maybe the issue is with your platform or internet.
    'Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat' - They all hurt, the last one kills.
  • P_O_OLD_MAN
    678 postsPosts: 699 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Something is really broken with trying to Rodeo Titans. Either it gives me the prompt "Press X to Rodeo" and then i jump THROUGH the enemy Titan or it decides, nah, your not getting on this Titan and then they crush me while I'm frantically trying to get on it. Here's a video of "Hold X to Die" in action:

Just to be 100% clear, there is no Enemy Pilot riding the Titan when I do this. I am checking for that before I move in. And, it seems like this happens most often with the Monarch Titans now.
    Lastly, I have noticed that when I got to jump into my own titan, about 30% of the time it says "Press X to Rodeo". What is up with that?

Edit: Xbox One, any Server, in game ping time can be 40 ms or 200 ms makes zero difference. Frustrating.
    Xbox One - Gen [email protected] TF1 Pilot
  • QuickSilver317
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Game works great!
  • Kaijerke
    1 postsPosts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Map/Mode: Attrition on (Drydock and Black Water Canal so far)
    Platform: Xbox One
    The kill spree challenge (kill 3 pilots in a row without dying) appears to be broken. I killed 2 pilots (WITHOUT DYING) and then called in my titan and got in. I doomed a titan with pilot in it then executed it. I know the pilot was inside when the execution happened. I checked if I had gotten the "good performance" but it showed that I hadn't. For the rest of the game I completed this challenge again multiple times but it still did not show up.
  • ProjectBangarang
    3770 postsPosts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaijerke wrote: »
    Map/Mode: Attrition on (Drydock and Black Water Canal so far)
    Platform: Xbox One
    The kill spree challenge (kill 3 pilots in a row without dying) appears to be broken. I killed 2 pilots (WITHOUT DYING) and then called in my titan and got in. I doomed a titan with pilot in it then executed it. I know the pilot was inside when the execution happened. I checked if I had gotten the "good performance" but it showed that I hadn't. For the rest of the game I completed this challenge again multiple times but it still did not show up.

It should say kill 3 pilots as a pilot. You broke the chain by getting in your Titan.
    "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • Zadatta
    8 postsPosts: 9
    Yeah, so titanfall crashes my pc completely since the update :(
  • Xbox one
    My main screen says new dlc available Monarch's reign but I can't find it anywhere.
  • socratesmens-lpg
    edited June 2017
    PLEASE, ever since your most recent update, TONE HAS BEEN GLITCHING a lot. I have on video at least 3 occasions where my core just dissappeared into thin air, right in front of my titan and the enemy titan. I can provide these videos as proof. Please solve this problem, it is soo annoying. And I am not the only one. it happened to a friend too.
    Another issue I have is with melee: both titan and pilot melee. Titan melee has become very messed up...on countless occasions , I melee a doomed titan for an execution but it fails....the most annoying of all, is when the melee rather pushes the enemy titan further away making it difficult to eliminate him. With pilot melee, it is soo messed up and I know I am not the only one who has been saying this....I mean, when I punch from a long distance, it kindfa unnatural hits the enemy when he isn't in range.

These issues are soo annoying that I couldn't help but post here for the first time ever, please do something about it

I play on PC

Please, how do I attach the videos?
  • Magikf1ngers
    4672 postsPosts: 4,727 mod
    Folks - let's keep this to issues with the game. If you want to post up commentary about it, use the General Discussions forum, please.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • lb15151515
    I've been singing Respawn's praises from the beginning and support your format as much as possible (including buying DLC I don't really want/need to acknowledge your great game). I can forgive Monarch changing the balance of the game to a grunt harvesting contest because you were trying to do something new. All I ask is that you please, please, PLEASE just give us Skirmish. Why in the world remove that when it's the only game mode featuring traditional gameplay that reflects Deathmatch rules?

I love this game. I really want to keep playing it. I'm speaking for a lot of friends who also play and support as much as possible. Just please give us Skirmish.
  • 0mali
    4 postsPosts: 4

Ever since the update its been nothing but a gigantic mess of broken melees and insane lag. I'm clearly not the only one having this issue as your forums are showing hundreds of posts on the same things.

At this point you guys need to cut your loses and stop. Every single patch something else breaks that had just gotten fixed. I'm tired of punching a titan in doomed state only to have it be launched 100 feet away. I'm tired of the aimbots. I'm tired of being fully cheated out of my kills for no reason at all. I'm tired of the 50/50 hit detection. I'm tired of being made out to be a bad player because YOUR game is broken and you wont fix it.

Fix the issues, and after that stop. No more. Its no wonder my old clan all went back to tf1.

i agree. at first i was mad that Microsoft stole my 80.00$ pre order now after a year of **** updates that fix nothing and break everything and ridiculous excuses im **** off that i even had thought about purchasing it for that much. i feel ripped off for buying at 60.00$. respawn your first mistake was partnering with EA they dont care about there players for them its all about money ( and im starting to think you guys are the same way ) your second mistake was spending 60% of the budget on the campaign when the replay value is obviously in the multiplayer with this game. i mean come on bungie puts out almost the same amount of content or more and its usually 90% bug/glitch free.
  • Xtanagaming
    edited June 2017
    some issues i've run into, and a few things i'd recommend in future updates (even though im sure you already have everything planned.)

platform: PS4

issues:
    1. -energy siphon will sometimes simply not work, it will show the animation, and the hit marker, but not effect the enemy or give you shields.
    2. -missile racks causing infinite animation. only happened to me once, but I used my first core and immediately used the upgraded missiles, which proceeded to fire an infinite amount of missiles (which did not register against enemy titans or players). only way I could stop it was by ejecting.
    3. -executions through shield. not sure if this was intentional, but monarch is able to be executed while in doomed state even while shielded by energy siphon.

recommended balancing patches:
    1. increase speed of missiles slightly.
    2. increase core buildup time on second and third upgrade core (make it take longer to get)
    3. increase time of regular rearm, no change to upgraded version
    4. increase spin-up time on upgraded XO-16
    5. increase missile cool down time (when upgraded)

suggestions for additions in future updates:
    1. titan kit 1 - thermite countermeasure: replaces electric smoke with a thermite charge, covering the ground around the titan with thermite, dealing more damage to ground targets, but ineffective against pilots rodeo-ing user. (monarch's maelstorm increases thermite damage by same percent as electric smoke)
    2. titan kit 3 - bomb fall: increases titan call in time to 8 seconds, warning marker appears after 3 seconds, titan deals massive area damage upon landing. no dome shield.
    3. monarch kit - sustained assault: rearm can be used while firing XO-16
    4. core upgrade 1 - enhanced optics: XO-16 zooms in more and and is much more precise while zoomed. less recoil overall.
    5. core upgrade 2 - suppression field: creates an additional shield around monarch (not effected by siphon or batteries) that absorbs 2500 damage.
    6. core upgrade 3 - energy overload: siphon no longer grants shield (except to friendly titans if using energy transfer), deals more damage, and deals heavy damage tone's particle wall and legions gun shield.
  • AI_software
    254 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭
    executions through shield. not sure if this was intentional, but monarch is able to be executed while in doomed state even while shielded by energy siphon.

That is an intentional change that was made in the last update. All titans can get executed when they're doomed regardless of if they have shields or not.
    RIP Volt -| |- 05.30.17
  • AI_software
    254 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Xbox One

The progression unlocks seem to be out of sync.
    For example, I'm currently G18.41 and the summary page after a multiplayer match shows "Next Unlock" as the Archer alongside "Next" being 18.42. But when I go to Customize and edit my pilot loadout, the Archer is locked with the messge "Unlocks at Level 43" which is one level higher than I actually need to be to unlock the Archer. This same issue affects all unlocks from what I can tell.

EDIT: I have never used credits to purchase any loadout gear.
    RIP Volt -| |- 05.30.17
  • bturcotte321
    450 postsPosts: 495 ✭✭✭
    Xbox One

The progression unlocks seem to be out of sync.
    For example, I'm currently G18.41 and the summary page after a multiplayer match shows "Next Unlock" as the Archer alongside "Next" being 18.42. But when I go to Customize and edit my pilot loadout, the Archer is locked with the messge "Unlocks at Level 43" which is one level higher than I actually need to be to unlock the Archer. This same issue affects all unlocks from what I can tell.

Yea, it doesn't check for if you have it purchased before it says next unlock.
    XB1 GT: "Bturc0tt3"-- TF1: G10.50, Season 1 Diamond V -- TF2: G29 Pilot, G100 Legion.
  • RobboTheSecond
    145 postsPosts: 152 ✭✭
    some issues i've run into, and a few things i'd recommend in future updates (even though im sure you already have everything planned.)

platform: PS4

issues:
    1. -energy siphon will sometimes simply not work, it will show the animation, and the hit marker, but not effect the enemy or give you shields.
    2. -missile racks causing infinite animation. only happened to me once, but I used my first core and immediately used the upgraded missiles, which proceeded to fire an infinite amount of missiles (which did not register against enemy titans or players). only way I could stop it was by ejecting.
    3. -executions through shield. not sure if this was intentional, but monarch is able to be executed while in doomed state even while shielded by energy siphon.

recommended balancing patches:
    1. increase speed of missiles slightly.
    2. increase core buildup time on second and third upgrade core (make it take longer to get)
    3. increase time of regular rearm, no change to upgraded version
    4. increase spin-up time on upgraded XO-16
    5. increase missile cool down time (when upgraded)

suggestions for additions in future updates:
    1. titan kit 1 - thermite countermeasure: replaces electric smoke with a thermite charge, covering the ground around the titan with thermite, dealing more damage to ground targets, but ineffective against pilots rodeo-ing user. (monarch's maelstorm increases thermite damage by same percent as electric smoke)
    2. titan kit 3 - bomb fall: increases titan call in time to 8 seconds, warning marker appears after 3 seconds, titan deals massive area damage upon landing. no dome shield.
    3. monarch kit - sustained assault: rearm can be used while firing XO-16
    4. core upgrade 1 - enhanced optics: XO-16 zooms in more and and is much more precise while zoomed. less recoil overall.
    5. core upgrade 2 - suppression field: creates an additional shield around monarch (not effected by siphon or batteries) that absorbs 2500 damage.
    6. core upgrade 3 - energy overload: siphon no longer grants shield (except to friendly titans if using energy transfer), deals more damage, and deals heavy damage tone's particle wall and legions gun shield.

As a PC player and a Monarch player your balancing patch ideas are horrible! haha
  • Monarch is a really bad addition to the game in my opinion. I keep seeing you players just hiding in the back of the map waiting for their pretty much unlimited batteries. They should change this soon. Ps bring back the real triple threat..
  • RobboTheSecond
    edited June 2017
    Bug Report:

Platform: PC (i7-6700K, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070)

Map/Mode if applicable: Higher TTK version of Attrition (only started happening since introduction of Higher TTK).

Be as detailed as you can when describing steps that lead to issue:
    Since introduction of Higher TTK game mode Monarch doesn't always fire it's full compliment of missiles shortly after using energy syphon beam. Instead it seems to fire just a couple of missiles.

Any screens or capture: nope, sorry

Can you reproduce the issue?: Yes, it happens pretty much in every match but not all the time within that match. I haven't noticed any specific trigger, but I've only seen it happen when missiles are fired immediately after using energy syphon.
  • 0mali
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Snus83 wrote: »
    Map/Mode if applicable: ALL

Can you reproduce the issue?
    Yes

Half of my enemies are playing Tone. Half of my teammates are playing Tone.

So either rename the game to Tonefall 2 or nerf it already.

they need to make it so you can't "duplicate" titans that will fix the problem because while tone can do high dmg at range combat gets hot at close range for tone because of no cqc ability
  • RobboTheSecond
    Bug Report:

Platform: PC (i7-6700K, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070)

Map/Mode if applicable: Higher TTK version of Attrition (only started happening since introduction of Higher TTK).

Be as detailed as you can when describing steps that lead to issue:
    Since introduction of Higher TTK game mode Monarch doesn't always fire it's full compliment of missiles shortly after using energy syphon beam. Instead it seems to fire just a couple of missiles.

Any screens or capture: nope, sorry

Can you reproduce the issue?: Yes, it happens pretty much in every match but not all the time within that match. I haven't noticed any specific trigger, but I've only seen it happen when missiles are fired immediately after using energy syphon.

I'd just like to retract my bug report above. Embarrassingly I'd gotton into the habit of hitting the Rearm & Reload key immediately after firing my missile volley, which causes the missile volley to cancel halfway through the firing process, so it's not a bug, just user error! I now let all my missiles fire before pressing the Rearm & Reload key & all is good now!
  • zetec333
    Just Before The Latest Update, War Games I Have Lost All My Paid Skins And Camos From My Acount. Explaination? (PS4)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!