Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Do you play better under influence of alcohol?

Jazman2k
259 postsPosts: 321 ✭✭✭
Best feeling is that you are drunk as a horse and still manage to get MVP or be 1st in your team.

I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU TO DRINK ALCOHOL AS IT IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH

Comments

• Vladplaya
    1320 postsPosts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭
    K
  • wordnoise
    1657 postsPosts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drunk as a horse?!?!?
    Is that even actually a thing?
  • Hrafn-Fel
    3602 postsPosts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSB
  • Magikf1ngers
    4652 postsPosts: 4,707 mod
    Sorry, I'm going to be the party pooper here and say that if you have to drink to excess to play games, then maybe you should take a hard look at your alcohol consumption and get help.

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • T4Labok
    733 postsPosts: 777 ✭✭✭
    wordnoise wrote: »
    Drunk as a horse?!?!?
    Is that even actually a thing?

I mean...i'm a giraffe with a refined taste for whine...maybe there are horses who likes to drink a lot of beer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bigpapapumps
    152 postsPosts: 154 ✭✭
    Sorry, I'm going to be the party pooper here and say that if you have to drink to excess to play games, then maybe you should take a hard look at your alcohol consumption and get help.

Lets not turn this into a stop drinking and get help thread. He's just having fun asking how we play when a little loaded, or severely whatever.. I do better or as good at first but then my reaction time goes downhill fast
  • Magikf1ngers

Lets not turn this into a stop drinking and get help thread. He's just having fun asking how we play when a little loaded, or severely whatever.. I do better or as good at first but then my reaction time goes downhill fast

So - I won't - however - until you lose a child to addiction as I have - I will at least say something about it when I see something like this. My son passed away last year at this time because of addiction. I don't want to see any parents have to go through what I did.

I can't even stand to play the faction that Barker is in charge of because of that. After you've been through it - there's nothing funny about it, nothing harmless about it - or anything.

I've said my piece - I'm going to put this thread on ignore now.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Jazman2k
    I actually seem to play bit better. As i am more relaxed. Of course too much is too much.
  • bigpapapumps
    Jazman2k wrote: »
    I actually seem to play bit better. As i am more relaxed. Of course too much is too much.

Ya the initial buzz makes me a ninja.. But then I start to suck so I blame it on lag haha
  • laddie13
    383 postsPosts: 418 mod
    Not for me, especially in a fast paced game like Titanfall. It kind of makes me sick. I have done it before and managed to pull off a decent game or two while intoxicated. I do not reccomend drunk VR though!

Drunk as a horse? I do not know what that means, but I like it. I'm going to be drunk as a horse this weekend, for our annual Memorial Day party.
  • ProjectBangarang
    3766 postsPosts: 4,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to do that and you are on my team, just stay in the drop ship with Barker.
    "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • cosmicturtle333
    3155 postsPosts: 3,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played drunk a few times, I still do pretty well but I rage way too much. Using other intoxicants is much more fun though.
    Join the forum Discord server: https://discord.gg/SbneBat
  • laddie13
    If you are going to do that and you are on my team, just stay in the drop ship with Barker.

Hahaha!!! You can find us at your local Colony bar The Fall!
  • Jazman2k
    I've played drunk a few times, I still do pretty well but I rage way too much. Using other intoxicants is much more fun though.

No.
  • laddie13

No.

I'm sure he is referring to caffeine and nicotine.
  • OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't (can't) drink alcohol cause i get real anxious and sick.

But i have had bad gastro and tried playing. Can confirm I went from top threr to last place in most matches.

I think its due to reluctance to wall run. Or just not having my head in the game.
  • Theend7474
    274 postsPosts: 286
    As for the Game being T for TEEN I surly hope you don't drink. :s
  • laddie13
    Oh, Titanfall 2 is rated M, it's ok to drink!
  • BlurriFace
    759 postsPosts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I've been guilty, some rounds I should have stayed in the dropship with Barker.
  • cosmicturtle333
    laddie13 wrote: »

No.

I'm sure he is referring to caffeine and nicotine.

Exactly.
  • DoomestosCZ
    308 postsPosts: 338 ✭✭✭

So - I won't - however - until you lose a child to addiction as I have - I will at least say something about it when I see something like this. My son passed away last year at this time because of addiction. I don't want to see any parents have to go through what I did.

I can't even stand to play the faction that Barker is in charge of because of that. After you've been through it - there's nothing funny about it, nothing harmless about it - or anything.

I'm so sorry for that..that's why I hate alcohol myself, no matter how much my schoolmates are saying that I am weirdo and no lifer, I ain't goin to end up on social care, health care and no money at all just because of a bottle of nice drink, mate, savyy?
    I don't aim with my sight. I aim with my passion. It's my faith that pulls the trigger. I don't kill with my gun. I kill with my devotion.
  • bigpapapumps

I'm so sorry for that..that's why I hate alcohol myself, no matter how much my schoolmates are saying that I am weirdo and no lifer, I ain't goin to end up on social care, health care and no money at all just because of a bottle of nice drink, mate, savyy?

There is a time and place for this stuff and this forum isn't one of them. Leave it out please
  • Magikf1ngers

There is a time and place for this stuff and this forum isn't one of them. Leave it out please

So I lied about not responding again.

@bigpapapumps - I completely disagree. If it's okay to talk about doing it, it's okay to make statements opposing it as well.

I'm well aware that I'm in the minority in how I feel about this. Hopefully none of you have to go through what I have to learn how completely devastating this can be - not just to you (you in the bigger sense, not you specifically) , but to your loved ones.

Normally, man, you and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, so I don't want to come off as a jack-hole about this either, but if it's okay to introduce this topic, then it's okay for me to say, "Be careful, and if you're having trouble, get help." I say that because I care about people and have experienced the pain that uncontrolled addiction can cause, and don't want anyone else - ever - to have to go through what my wife and I have been.

Now, truly, I've said my piece - I didn't even mean to open this thread again, but saw the yellow marker and didn't pay attention to the subject when I clicked on it.

• bigpapapumps

@bigpapapumps - I completely disagree. If it's okay to talk about doing it, it's okay to make statements opposing it as well.

I'm well aware that I'm in the minority in how I feel about this. Hopefully none of you have to go through what I have to learn how completely devastating this can be - not just to you (you in the bigger sense, not you specifically) , but to your loved ones.

Normally, man, you and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, so I don't want to come off as a jack-hole about this either, but if it's okay to introduce this topic, then it's okay for me to say, "Be careful, and if you're having trouble, get help." I say that because I care about people and have experienced the pain that uncontrolled addiction can cause, and don't want anyone else - ever - to have to go through what my wife and I have been.

Now, truly, I've said my piece - I didn't even mean to open this thread again, but saw the yellow marker and didn't pay attention to the subject when I clicked on it.

No offence taken and I respect your insight on the matter, you have first hand experience. I just don't want a fun harmless thread to turn into an AA meeting
  • Magikf1ngers

No offence taken and I respect your insight on the matter, you have first hand experience. I just don't want a fun harmless thread to turn into an AA meeting

Absolutely not my intention. However, if I can get just one person to get the help they need and save a life and save a family from the pain - then it's worth it.

• DoomestosCZ
    308 postsPosts: 338 ✭✭✭

Absolutely not my intention. However, if I can get just one person to get the help they need and save a life and save a family from the pain - then it's worth it.

As I said, you just confirmed me that I will never drink alcohol, I meant it with my last message. I wish happiness and health to you and your family, you deserve it, man
    I don't aim with my sight. I aim with my passion. It's my faith that pulls the trigger. I don't kill with my gun. I kill with my devotion.
  • tubbiestkrav
    118 postsPosts: 123 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    worse for me.
    Also I have been on night shift recently. sleep deprivation is a terrible team mate!

For the issues raised,I come from a family of alcoholics. I have no contact with them now.
    However you need to see past the 'evil' of booze. Its like many things down to personal control.
  • cosmicturtle333
    worse for me.
    Also I have been on night shift recently. sleep deprivation is a terrible team mate!

Same, I have insomnia on top of that too.

For the issues raised,I come from a family of alcoholics. I have no contact with them now.

Same and same.

However you need to see past the 'evil' of booze. Its like many things down to personal control.

This ^
    Guns don't kill people . . .
  • Magikf1ngers
    worse for me.

Same, I have insomnia on top of that too.

Same and same.

This ^
    Guns don't kill people . . .

Guns don't kill people. Bad Gas following a microwaved burrito kills people.

• Hrafn-Fel
    3602 postsPosts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I think this thread should have been closed or deleted day one. This is really dumb and has 0 reasons to be a discussion let alone on the general discussions. I agree with @Magikf1ngers 100% on his posts.