Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Game Crashing to Desktop, also starting in windowed mode.

Ceyly
36 postsPosts: 39
So i feel yet again the need to go to the forums here, to post what i "found out". Which is not much sadly, but i still wanna share my experience.
Now, there are a lot of threads about random game crashes (seems like alot of people get these in certain circumstances, like starting a rodeo on an enemy titan, which i can confirm happened to me aswell a few times).
Just gona link this thread here forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11724/crashing-to-desktop-after-colony-update/p2

Now, i tryed to contact the Support via live-chat. Thats where the fun begins.
imgur.com/uHgjdyE
Estimated waiting time: 0 minutes. Sometimes it showed 4 minutes.
Started at 14:48, i waited 1 and a half hour before i stopped my first try since i had something to do. At evening, arround 19:00 i started another try, had it open my whole gaming session. Oh - after arround 5 hours of waiting, still no answer. Well i didn´t really expect an answer at 24:00, tought im not sure about time-shift since im based in germany and made the request in english.

Originally i wanted to post a screen of whatever solution the EA-Support offers me, but since i haven´t even gotten that far i decided i don´t wanna go unnoticed with this and came here.

To the bugs: I get the "Error device hung" bug, last few times i didin´t get an error message at all.
Also, having to go back to fullscreen mode after (nearly) each game-launch really adds to the annoyance already created trough crashing.
It´s a great game, please, please EA, stop ruining it with these small bugs.
AND IN GODS NAME, STOP IGNORING US. I SEE MORE AND MORE PEOPLE HAVING THOSE CRASHES AND STILL NO ANSWER.

Comments

• MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 281 ✭✭✭
    I gave up playing the game. I just check the forums from time to time and see if there is any acknowledgement or even a response by the devs about it.

I tried the forums.
    I tried the EA Support.
    I tried Twitter/Facebook.

Not a single word. I honestly don't know why they ignore this. They are just loosing the few players the game has left. I can only speculate that they have written it off. They will just finish to release their planned DLC's and put their actual focus on their upcoming star wars game.

Shame.
  • Fat_Angus_NZ
    2 postsPosts: 4
    I have an NVIDIA card which features a debug mode that reverts the factory-overclocked cards back to their base clock frequencies. I enabled it and I haven't had a single crash since (six hours play-through on the campaign and no crashing, whereas before it crashed often). I'm not sure what the AMD settings menu have nowadays (I used to use ATI cards) but evidently the game is sensitive to overclocking, so enabling a similar function or simply lowering the clock frequency slightly might be worth a try.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 281 ✭✭✭
    I have an NVIDIA card which features a debug mode that reverts the factory-overclocked cards back to their base clock frequencies. I enabled it and I haven't had a single crash since (six hours play-through on the campaign and no crashing, whereas before it crashed often). I'm not sure what the AMD settings menu have nowadays (I used to use ATI cards) but evidently the game is sensitive to overclocking, so enabling a similar function or simply lowering the clock frequency slightly might be worth a try.

My card is nor overclocked and so are may other cards. Still the same issue

• Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    edited May 24
    There's another thread on here discussing the same error. They're current guess is to restore gpu to default, then lower core clock by 100 Mhz min. You may need to lower it more or less depending on your gpu.

Update to come:

5/23/2017 - Update: Didn't work. I'm back to crashing every 15 minutes or about 1 and a half games.
  • Ceyly
    There's another thread on here discussing the same error. They're current guess is to restore gpu to default, then lower core clock by 100 Mhz min. You may need to lower it more or less depending on your gpu.

Hope this helps. I'll update soon. Hope this helps someone.

I´ll give it a try. Simply because i love this game too much to give it up.. tought i should have done so long time ago propably..
    Thanks mate - at least some people are trying to help us.. unlike respawn...
  • Ceyly
    Tryed it out for a while now, lowered up to 150Mhz, nothing changed. Btw i managed to open the error message - not as easy as you would think - couldnt screen it but what are smartphone cameras for else than replacing screenshots:

imgur.com/T79OTFd

Nothing new, should be the same massage as it was ~ half a year ago.. Gpu drivers are up to date btw.. no more solutions i could try really..
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    Ive been able to significantly increase the gaming time between crashes. My setup is R9 280 (latest amd drivers and default amd gpu settings) Windows 10 home prem.

Pay attention to end.

From TF2 main menu, use the ultra settings method by turning all videos settings to there highest settings. Play for a few minutes, then quit out of TF2.

Open TF2 game, in main menu video settings select restore recommended. Then turn V-sync off, change target frame rate to 144 <-- important*, disable setting directly below target frame rate, disable ambient occlusion, save and play.

The high target frame rate kept my graphic settings low to try and reach the 144 fps. This kept whatever strain was on my gpu from occuring. I was able to lower the target rate to 120, but any further and i would have the engine error crash when fighting multiple titans up close.

If you use this method, please reply with what worked / didnt work.
  • Ceyly
    @Brahmin84 Didn´t work for me..
    i hoped the patch would do something, but who am i to expect them to fix their **** product.

I love this game so much.. yet i guess i´m gona break my mouse/keyboard if i continue to play it. The new titan just increases the tilt even more, when you manage to get him to lvl3 upgrade. Then your game dies.. ... ... ...
  • Mechnuggets
    9 postsPosts: 9
    I made some progress troubleshooting my issue, check here:
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/comment/82656/#Comment_82656