Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Ronin

Litterally every single match half of the enemy team if not all of them are Ronins. They are simply way too powerful and basically out play any other titan. All you have to do is dash 3 times with the extra dash, go invisible and spam the sword/melee button when you get to the enemy. At this point there is nothing to do if this is happening to you. You don't deal enough damage at that close of range in that amount of time and you cannot run away because all they have to do is dash 3 more times and they're a few steps ahead of you. Next thing you know your titan is doomed and you last about 20 seconds in your titan. Also because of how fast they move/dash it is a lot harder to rodeo the Ronin to take a battery than it is to do on all the other titans. Something needs to be nerfed with the Ronin. It gets really annoying and frustrating when everyone is using it and spamming the sword/melee button and the dash.

Comments

• ProfArs
    1284 postsPosts: 1,312 ✭✭✭
    #RoninIsTheNewTone kek
    I am a Potato beyond Potatoes. I... am a Super Potato!
  • T4Labok
    733 postsPosts: 777 ✭✭✭
    Huehuehuehuehue BRBRBRBR
    Now people want to nerf the poor Weeb?
    Geez...i think Ronin needs a buff, he's too week...

Just gid gud m8, Ronin is super easy to counter
  • OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    Litterally every single match half of the enemy team if not all of them are Ronins. They are simply way too powerful and basically out play any other titan. All you have to do is dash 3 times with the extra dash, go invisible and spam the sword/melee button when you get to the enemy. At this point there is nothing to do if this is happening to you. You don't deal enough damage at that close of range in that amount of time and you cannot run away because all they have to do is dash 3 more times and they're a few steps ahead of you. Next thing you know your titan is doomed and you last about 20 seconds in your titan. Also because of how fast they move/dash it is a lot harder to rodeo the Ronin to take a battery than it is to do on all the other titans. Something needs to be nerfed with the Ronin. It gets really annoying and frustrating when everyone is using it and spamming the sword/melee button and the dash.

The trick with ronins is to use trap abilities against them after baiting there phase dash. Most ronins phase to attack or to escape damage so when they do use the trap ability and start attacking them. They will flee if they are smart.

Scorch is probably the best counter to ronin in direct frontal battle, but problem is that nuke works well with ronin which is annoying to evade as a scorch.
  • Theend7474
    274 postsPosts: 286
    how about trying to use a scortch. Good in on tight maps.
  • AshySamurai
    2560 postsPosts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theend7474 wrote: »
    how about trying to use a scortch. Good in on tight maps.

So you are saying that OP need to use direct counter to kill Ronin and that he can't go 1v1 with a pistol against Ronin and win?
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • FavouriteBroom
    223 postsPosts: 240 ✭✭
    Robin is trash fam.
  • metalg
    1 postsPosts: 2
    Every titan has their flaws, and advantages, but the sword blocking on Ronan is Complete ****. I like ronan, but WHY does it have the ability to block %100 of tones and ion's core? That greatly needs to get nerfed.
  • SteelBlade75
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited May 2017
    This is all true Guys and Girls. Also Ronin has to be nerfed for sword blocks cause it keeps blocking 100% from front and sides and also blocks titan cores, as I have experience it blocks ION core like 75% with that small sword. Respawn has to be realistic a bit, how can that small sword block all damage. Plus it can last for all the time, now Ronin can go in front of all titans and block all the damage indefenetly. That is not the way Respawn. Please fix it as fast as possible !!!
  • Dinorush13
    683 postsPosts: 692 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Ronin's block is a flat 75% damage reduction, 90% in core, against all damage sources except for melee to clear that out.

Second, Scorch is a terrible counter to Ronin, and only works if the Ronin is a bad Ronin as OP described.

Third, if the Ronin is as OP described, just melee pin them. Then they do no damage and you're dealing damage. If they actually decide to start shooting, dash back and shoot them.
  • shawnharich
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I totally get the Ronin frustration; however, Ronin is actually terribly easy to counter. Ronin is only good in close quarters. Hear the dashes, get ready. Scorch will wreck him with incendiary traps, flame wall and flame shield. Ronin either burns to death or runs. Don't get me started on Legion either....
  • elius13
    22 postsPosts: 23
    Yes please. Ronins are ridiculously OP. If they nerfed the ridiculous amount of damage they can block it would probably complete the balance
  • VultureX3
    6 postsPosts: 6
    I second this the Ronin needs a nerf. Every match half or more of the opposite team is running Ronin's and if they run together OMG. With one blocking for the other they go through the whole team with is total ****. Oh yea don't get me started on the ION nerf wth - laser blast can't even kill a half dead Titan anymore.

Ronin - Sword insta kill
    Tone - Missile barage - will kill all but a new Titan even with shields up
    Scorch - ground and pound - kills all in its way - one two or three Titans
    NorthStar - Missile barrage a bit weak but will kill a wounded Titan with ease.

ION - Nerfed the laser shot and laser blast - OMG

The Monarch is weak if you get one on one new but once the Monarch ramps up its power ups it's gets way overpowered - problem in open servers with no shields it's easy prey for Titan Pilot weapons. Now on Titan Brawl were it just has to deal with Titans its great but on open servers it's very weak.

Last but not least what we are here for the Ronin - slow it down some or take away one of its dashes and the sword should not be way better than shields at blocking incoming damage. This Titan can traverse open areas and not worry about taking damage to get to u. More people leave games even me when most of the opposite team is all running Ronins.
  • SkooLBoY_SkePtiK
    386 postsPosts: 401 ✭✭
    Are we any closer to a Ronin Nerf? I've been boycotting since the last patch didn't address the sword block issue. It's such a great game, until the other team stacks Ronin's. Disgust doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about sword block absorbing that much damage.
  • Ronin is fine. git gud
    "Some of you may consider this overkill. It is"
  • if you guys just stand still and let a Ronin push you.... without him taking damage, then it's your fault
  • BrenoECB
    285 postsPosts: 349
    T4Labok wrote: »
    Huehuehuehuehue BRBRBRBR
    Now people want to nerf the poor Weeb?
    Geez...i think Ronin needs a buff, he's too week...

Just gid gud m8, Ronin is super easy to counter

first of all: just use scorch and hold "L1"

second: "Huehuehuehuehue BRBRBRBR" i know what this means...
  • SkooLBoY_SkePtiK
    Ronin is fine. git gud

You git gud. I haven't played this game in nearly a month. I'm just checking in to see if I can return yet, and no amount of drivel will convince me that sword block doesn't need a rework. At this point, it's not much of a loss to me if you all want to play Roninfall. Have fun.
  • ToxicApollo117
    67 postsPosts: 76
    edited September 2017
    Ronin is fine. git gud

You git gud. I haven't played this game in nearly a month. I'm just checking in to see if I can return yet, and no amount of drivel will convince me that sword block doesn't need a rework. At this point, it's not much of a loss to me if you all want to play Roninfall. Have fun.

I play Ronin, nothstar and tone and I have no problem dealing with Ronin as Northstar. just keep moving and shooting and you can beat a Ronin since he is slower in sword block and can't block if he is attacking. just bait out the phase shift before you tether and cluster and you would be fine. legion is really good at burning though sword block as well. just keep shooting to eat though it and power shot to knock back the Ronin. Ion can just spliter shot the **** out of ronin, which btw, no one does. Monarch... well straight counter to Ronin so there is that just keep shooting and you would be fine. and then there is tone and scorch. Tone, nothing to say. He is gets hard countered by Ronin so nothing you can do. and Scorch is even match up and it's really depend on how smart the Ronin player is and the map of the engagement.
  • SkooLBoY_SkePtiK
    Ronin is fine. git gud

I play Ronin, nothstar and tone and I have no problem dealing with Ronin as Northstar. just keep moving and shooting and you can beat a Ronin since he is slower in sword block and can't block if he is attacking. just bait out the phase shift before you tether and cluster and you would be fine. legion is really good at burning though sword block as well. just keep shooting to eat though it and power shot to knock back the Ronin. Ion can just spliter shot the **** out of ronin, which btw, no one does. Monarch... well straight counter to Ronin so there is that just keep shooting and you would be fine. and then there is tone and scorch. Tone, nothing to say. He is gets hard countered by Ronin so nothing you can do. and Scorch is even match up and it's really depend on how smart the Ronin player is and the map of the engagement.

It sucks the fun factor out of a good LTS game when the other team decides to run 2 or 3 Ronins and 3 or 2 Ions and the Ronins just tank damage while friendlies kill you, or you engage non Ronins and the Ronins kill you. I realize that in one on one is not a big issue and that Ronin's are occasionally beatable in LTS, but the time it takes to kill a Ronin that just walks right up to you, makes this game not fun. That's all, just aggravating and not fun.
  • ToxicApollo117
    edited September 2017
    Ronin is fine. git gud

It sucks the fun factor out of a good LTS game when the other team decides to run 2 or 3 Ronins and 3 or 2 Ions and the Ronins just tank damage while friendlies kill you, or you engage non Ronins and the Ronins kill you. I realize that in one on one is not a big issue and that Ronin's are occasionally beatable in LTS, but the time it takes to kill a Ronin that just walks right up to you, makes this game not fun. That's all, just aggravating and not fun.

It's the game mode's fault for not having highlander rule. The titan alone is fine
  • G18TooStronk
    100 postsPosts: 107
    I've been saying "nerf Ronin" since I started playing this game last November, welcome to the party.
  • SnakeSound222
    161 postsPosts: 170
    Ronin’s Sword Block needs a nerf. His normal block should block 40%-50% damage and 75% when Sword Core is active. It should not be able to block fire, smoke, and anything else that isn’t bullets or lasers. It also should only block attacks that are in front of Ronin. 360 degree Sword Block is ****. TBH I think Ronin was the Titan designed for the competitive players, and that’s why the game is starting to become Roninfall. Unless they start complaining about Ronin, chances are he won’t get a good nerf unfortunately.

• ToxicApollo117
    Ronin’s Sword Block needs a nerf. His normal block should block 40%-50% damage and 75% when Sword Core is active. It should not be able to block fire, smoke, and anything else that isn’t bullets or lasers. It also should only block attacks that are in front of Ronin. 360 degree Sword Block is ****. TBH I think Ronin was the Titan designed for the competitive players, and that’s why the game is starting to become Roninfall. Unless they start complaining about Ronin, chances are he won’t get a good nerf unfortunately.

Sword block is fine. and if it makes you feel better, there is a sword block bug where Ronin's back & up to a 45° angle from behind to his torso can be pierced randomly. Hitscan pierces from behind while projectiles pierced from the angle
  • SkooLBoY_SkePtiK

Right. Only bullets and lasers should be blocked. I made a similar request back when Northstar got Nerfed against Ronin's sword block. This would be enough to balance sword block. Isn't it funny to watch Ronin players come up with the most ludicrous claims as to why it's balanced.

PSA: To all Ronin mains, you are not "that good" at Titanfall, sword block is unbalanced... please accept this fact.
  • SnakeSound222
    161 postsPosts: 170

Right. Only bullets and lasers should be blocked. I made a similar request back when Northstar got Nerfed against Ronin's sword block. This would be enough to balance sword block. Isn't it funny to watch Ronin players come up with the most ludicrous claims as to why it's balanced.

PSA: To all Ronin mains, you are not "that good" at Titanfall, sword block is unbalanced... please accept this fact.

I'm glad the bug exists. Hopefully Respawn doesn't fix it until they nerf Sword Block.
  • ToxicApollo117
    edited November 2017

There is a Sword block bug that causes it to have 50% chance to not block the damage (even phase dash damage) that everyone may have accidently abused but they didn't know. With that bug, if you still can't deal with Ronin, you are probably bad.