Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Crashing to desktop after Colony update..

Comments

• Caerv
    10 postsPosts: 10
    Has anybody been able to get info from AMD? They aren't reporting it as a known issue and they haven't responded when I asked on the forums.
  • Ceyly
    36 postsPosts: 39
    edited July 2017
    Honestly i don´t trust Jay anymore. I were happy the first time he responded, tought that was already a "i am sorry but it is your fault cause you missed my answer".. yet again.. straight out a lie for me.

Good thing we still get more people in here, the more the better. Tought they don´t care anyways (do they, @Jayfresh_Respawn ? Just say it...)

Ofc, another update comes out, more content *yay*.. oh i forgot, it´s still bugged...
    just fire your programmers, it´s wasted time if you don´t care and don´t fix your game.

Edit: Honestly, this great game deserves a better developer. With all the games i play, bigger and smaller ones, this is by far the worst support / bugfixing i have ever seen.
  • CodeZapper
    23 postsPosts: 26
    Seriously whats going on???

Please give us more guidelines to post logs for this, A better crash colector log program or whatever or just give us more steps to report this correctly, I know there is a sticky but it barely helps... I really like the game please let us know whats going on I got a R9 200,
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    You gave us a great game and then broke the game with lazy code? Is that it? Like someone said before; if AMD releases this long overdue patch, will Respawn just screw up the game again with their next dlc drop? You know that amount of money you're losing from the affected people not buying the dlc could have paid for someone to at least try and fix the issue.

I did find a few small remedies if you're still trying to play around the crash (will mostly be old news for most):
    1. Play in windowed mode so when the game does inevitably crash, you don't have to restart the computer.
    2. Turn on fps (Open Origin >> Go to My Games >> Right-click Titanfall >> select Game Properties >> Under "Command Line Options" put "+cl_showfps 1") . After the game crashes, if the fps is lower than normal, you can fix it by going to video settings and toggling from windowed mode to full screen and back to windowed mode. This brought my fps back to normal.
    3. This is only for Ion mains, when getting pulsed and using the shield, there's a high chance the game will crash. I've been working around by finding cover until pulse stops....sigh.

• I just wanna bump this thread until it's fixed... Please let me play this game unimpeded.. Please fix Radeon R9 200 Cards don't make me buy a new card please
  • CodeZapper
    I was thinking about that but lmao , even if i love the game thats overkilling, TF2 is the only game crashing, please let us know what is being done for this , there MUST be something going on with R9 200 cards, How can we send more detailed logs?
  • UCvim
    14 postsPosts: 17
    edited July 2017
    Platform: PC
    Issue: Crash
    Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes. Since April. The crash may be happen in 5 minutes in multiplayer(in match(!)) or in 3 hours.
    Details on how to reproduce the issue: Don't know how to.

Processor (CPU): Intel i5 3570k
    Graphics Card (GPU): AMD Radeon HD 7870 Saphire Flex edition
    Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
    Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Have this bug since April update.
    Tried to change RAM, downclock/overclock videocard, many versions of drivers for videocard. Nothing helped.
    Stiil waiting for new AMD driver and news from Respawn team. The game is just unplayable(I can play for ~15min - 1 hour).
    Singleplayer is fine.
    wnlkqAZ.png
  • Hollow-adelaar
    5 postsPosts: 5
    they'll never fix the problem we're minority and respawn dosen't care about anything and says it's amd problem fix you broken game
  • UCvim
    C'mon, man. Don't be lame. Look at the pic in my post.
  • UCvim
    edited July 2017
    BTW, Respawn Team is working on it.
    Mb they have bad SMM but here lies the thing which called "ethics".
    If they will answer every our message they will just have no time.
    But the one things is bad. Respawn should notify us about the news. Every week for example(Are they still working or it or it's already fixed, or there are some problems).
    If Respawn need our help, you are welcome! For example, I can make logs/tests for you(Respawn). Just ask to help.

Also, you should know that this is hard to working with code(even with the engine) with a lot of data. Cuz one programmer can make a mistake and mistake will be really hard to find.
    Sorry for my bad English(if u see any mistake).
  • CodeZapper
    I MEAN having a good decent crash log program or whatever would be awesome, come on Team Respawn... we love this game, do something about this
  • Ninfur
    Just bumping this thread, because I still want to play this game months after I stopped being able to.
  • UCvim
    BUMP
  • Ceyly
    BUMP aswell. Can´t believe they think they can silence us that easy. "Amd is propably gona fix it. Eventually..." .. so basically never i guess..
  • nomriel
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited July 2017
    i had to uninstall this game because i can't keep 60GO of games i can't even use.

it broke my heart because i love this game but i can't play it with this game braking crash.

i seriously hope somhone find a solution for this.
    that's one less player on a game in need of players
  • CodeZapper
    I check this threat daily still hoping

Devs please let the comunity help you , we can provide you crash logs or whatever, please address this
  • UCvim
    The new AMD driver came out. I'm already looking if something changed.
    Also, crash happens especially in Battle of the Titans mode.
  • Caerv
    edited July 2017
    Has anybody else had crashes on the new experimental drivers?
    I've played for a few hours and I haven't crashed yet. It may be too early to tell but maybe they fixed it.

Edit: Never mind, game crashed minutes after I typed this.
  • sonicReducer26
    18 postsPosts: 18
    My game has been stable for several months with a GPU downclock - however recently it has started crashing regardless. Really frustrating :(
  • deathstinkfull
    17 postsPosts: 17
    Yep back to crash mode.... Some days i can play 4 maps before i have to hit reset, some days i cant even play 5 min and have to reset, sometimes when i do hit reset windows will crash on the next boot up right about when origin starts up. This **** is **** ridiculous, Before that last update i never had a problem, played with everything maxed out and still had 90fps with zero crashes. ITS THE **** GAME NOT OUR HARDWARE ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Anyways Rising storm vietnam is running better then TF2 and that probably says more then i need to.... Get on it!
  • Tusakir
    2 postsPosts: 2
    LET US DEBUG AND/OR TEST!!!! I want to play the game I bought... ffs. Sapphire HD7970 3GB, 32 GB DDR3, Intel i4771
  • KomiNeko
    Tusakir wrote: »
    LET US DEBUG AND/OR TEST!!!! I want to play the game I bought... ffs. Sapphire HD7970 3GB, 32 GB DDR3, Intel i4771

They don't need you to debug or test. They know the problem, the chip it affects, they might not replicate it 100% of the time, but it's easy enough to trigger it that in the time they've been "working" on it they'd likely have boiled down to something.

Problem here is though, apparently Respawn has passed on the hot potato to AMD, according to whom there's nothing to look at, and frankly even though the affected target seems pretty common, it's perhaps to wonder if the crash isn't actually due to an error from Respawn side that just doesn't happen to affect other hardware. I mean, what could have possibly been added with Colony that caused this massive problem?

Why is it that whatever was added hasn't been removed yet so that some people can actually play?

Can we ask for a refund at this point? I mean, full refund. I think I came to the point where not even my policy of just playing until the first crash is doing me any good because I can't seem to finish a single game when playing with friends now (Or THEY crash instead)

Maybe I don't play as many games as other people, but I genuinely don't recall the last time I had problems because of the VGA aside TF2.
  • Caerv
    An AMD employee has acknowledged the issue!
    https://community.amd.com/message/2808356
    Hopefully we will see some progress soon!
  • Ceyly
    nomriel wrote: »
    [...]it broke my heart because i love this game but i can't play it with this game braking crash. [...]
    Uninstalled a few days ago aswell.. can´t bear it anymore, im almost depressed having to quit. The game will be dead sooner rather than later with this policy. I mean, not sure if i´m the only one, but with me quitting so will friends, even if they aren´t directly affected, since we are playing games together.
    Btw, i remember having a similar problem right when the game was released. A driver-update fixed that for me after a while. I´m somewhat curious, has no one had this before? My biggest fear is the story is gona repeat. Amd will fix it eventually, and the following update will break it AGAIN.

Whatever caused the error got patched into the game from respawn, the source of error is clear. Paperwhite. It´s as clear as the fact that earth is not a pizza and not flying ontop of a gigantic turtle.

But hey, those "top men" that are working on it propably see something i don´t, maybe i need a few semesters more studying programming to see that correlation . I learned if *I* change something and it doesn´t work anymore after, *I* broke it. Well, you don´t really have to study anything to see that tbh.
  • CodeZapper
    edited July 2017
    This is when it crashes, when a Titan goes inside another texture, When you meele a titan, when something around the player colisions with something else, this is why it crashes, the pattern is almost always the same. At least for me, I am happy to hear that AMD replied to this, I hope for the best and hopefuly get an answer for them soon . Btw I changed my game to Spanish hoping that somehow the crashes stop, lmao I am going mad :D

http://imgur.com/a/AEW1V
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager
    Hey all, wanted to give an update on this after talking with the team this week:

We’ve been working with AMD to find a resolution to the issue for AMD users and based on initial testing, we believe the latest Crimson 17.7.1 driver will have a fix for the issue.

We are unable to test all the different GPU configurations available so we cannot say with 100% that this will solve your issue. Please give this a shot and let us know the dxdiag info of your machine if you are still experiencing the issue.

I recognize that communication on this issue could have been better and I'll be checking with the guys to give more consistent updates. Sorry for the frustration.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • still happen
    A possible temporary solution could be to add an option to disable the effect of the pulse sonar This is the one that causes most of the crashes
    Hey all, wanted to give an update on this after talking with the team this week:

We’ve been working with AMD to find a resolution to the issue for AMD users and based on initial testing, we believe the latest Crimson 17.7.1 driver will have a fix for the issue.

We are unable to test all the different GPU configurations available so we cannot say with 100% that this will solve your issue. Please give this a shot and let us know the dxdiag info of your machine if you are still experiencing the issue.

I recognize that communication on this issue could have been better and I'll be checking with the guys to give more consistent updates. Sorry for the frustration.

• NaviNix
    11 postsPosts: 12

Still happen to me, where can I send the DXDiag? now it happens with more frequency, plis, I start to lose the hope
  • deathstinkfull
    17 postsPosts: 17
    ditto
  • NaviNix
    11 postsPosts: 12
    i have the reports // 28362907 // 31095121 // with dxdiag should I made another one?