Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Crashing to desktop after Colony update..

Comments

• Ceyly
    36 postsPosts: 39
    edited June 2017
    Didn´t work.. why did i even try it out
    2 hours isn´t much of a sample size, sometimes i can play for 2 days (multiple hours a day) without a crash.. then there is this day where i´m super close to break my keyboard cause it crashed for the 5th time in a row without a single full game. Then i be like well should just stop playing this..
    next day ill start again.. even tought it´s obvious whats gona happen..

Edit: Btw - how did you contact support? Just wanna point out that i´ve been waiting for a live-chat for a total of 10+hours now, tryed in english and in german. Estimated time never went over 4 minutes. Great service.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Normal way of contacting it. I was connected to the live chat in a couple of minutes.
  • SirBigbloke
    9 postsPosts: 12
    So many people have added to this post.. and yet after two DLC's and Radeon updates, there is still no proper solution.. Why should I have to tinker with my graphic card settings when it works with anything else I play? I shouldn't.. and in all honesty, i won't!! Game still crashes, but not to an error, just freezes my PC and I have to log off to kill the game.. It's a disgrace.. I try and continue playing the game as it's something I enjoy, but it's so frustrating.. I've read that people have contacted EA.. have contacted AMD.. and yet no positive response.. AMD users have been shafted.. It's such a shame.. It played so well before the initial Colony update..
  • MeFirstThenYou
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, I got 110 hours of Titanfall 2 and I would say that about 90 hours were from playing before the Colony Update. They have not fixed this for months and they don't respond to these issues at all on their own official forums. The "best answer" we got was something from Reddit in which Jay says: "Top Men are on it."

I can only quote Respawn itself about this:

"Whatever the **** that means?"

I had a lot of sympathy for Respawn in the past for not doing a season pass thing, free DLC and only cosmetic paid DLC, but that sympathy is gone now.
  • Is it just AMD cards though? Because if it was that should be a pretty easy fix.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    Most people that have this issue have AMD cards, but we also have some people who have Nvidia hardware.
  • SirBigbloke
    9 postsPosts: 12
    I was just going to have a nose around to see exactly that MeFirstThenYou.... What I don't get is why can I play for a couple of hours with no crashes, then come back to the game a few hours later ( obviously PC has been off in the mean time ) then crash twice in the first 5 games I play?? It makes no sense.. It's a s if things need to be in the right place to get the crash.... And I don't get that the DX error has now gone, but the game crash freezes my PC instead... Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!
  • bobi4500
    14 postsPosts: 15
    exactly, the inconsistency the most frustrating think about all of this. If I knew when it would freeze, for example on a particular map or just EVERY match, I would just avoid the specific situation or not play at all... AT LEAST the game actually saves the merits you have earned before the crash. Not sure if it counts as a win or loss though...
  • Lythriilux
    6 postsPosts: 6
    edited June 2017
    I've been having this issue myself since the Colony update as well. Running an AMD R9 270x. Extremely disappointed to see that Respawn seemingly doesn't really give a toss about the problem. I bought the game at full price. I've got over 300 hours in this game. But since the crashes started happening it's become so much harder to enjoy it. And I'm really upset to see that Respawn has seemingly abandoned their AMD customers. I'd be inclined to refund it if I could.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    It is indeed a interesting situation when it comes to refunds. Are refunds available when a game "breaks" weeks or even months after the release and it does not get fixed? The problem I see is that it will most likely be pretty hard to prove who broke it.

Anyway, the situation is still pretty bad and It would be nice to know what "we have top men on it" actually means.
  • Ceyly
    No idea whats that thing with the live - chat then. I´ve written down when i started and ended the request for a live-chat multiple times, either im doing something wrong or they don´t like that my title already gives away that i want help with "error device hung" ..

Either way, wanna point out one thing. I´ve tried alot of things in the past few weeks, from underclocking to specific settings. Things got so bad i couldn´t play for more than 1 single full game. Resetting my gpu settings and tf2 settings + setting them back to where i had them before all this stuff at least lets me enjoy a few games in a row now.
    223 hours played right now. Respawn could have all my money for the prime stuff and like 500 more gameplay hours if i could actually **** play. Completly feel you @SirBigbloke , i enjoy the games i can play.. but then i rage when it suddenly out of nowhere crashes 5 times in a row..
  • Lythriilux
    6 postsPosts: 6
    Y0y6irX.png

This is the error in question.

Respawn, **** did you add in Colony that started making the game run so badly for AMD users?
  • MeFirstThenYou
    Don't worry they have "top men on it". ;)
  • _Li0n_cL
    29 postsPosts: 29
    edited June 2017
    At least they've noticed us. I haven't crashed a single time on a pilots only gamemode btw, try playing pilots only gamemodes and then tell us if you've had any crashes.

Edit: I've noticed a pattern regarding Monarch, everytime I reload the XO-16 while being detected by a sonar, the game crashes, what the heck is going on.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    _Li0n_cL wrote: »
    At least they've noticed us. I haven't crashed a single time on a pilots only gamemode btw, try playing pilots only gamemodes and then tell us if you've had any crashes.

Edit: I've noticed a pattern regarding Monarch, everytime I reload the XO-16 while being detected by a sonar, the game crashes, what the heck is going on.

Crashes "seem" to appear more often when doing something with a Titan, but I also had crashes in Live Fire. It might just be one of those situation in which crashes feel less often, because most game modes played include titans.
  • Ceyly
    edited June 2017

No, i´m sorry. I don´t feel noticed. Literally the only response we have gotten so far is a reddit post from Jay (i haven´t seen the post myself - can we even be sure it was Jay himself?). I feel ignored. These so called "top men" should stop beeing top secret and start talking to us.
    Btw, proving who broke the game is easy, it´s not like we are only 5 people who can´t really play anymore.

Regarding patterns, it seems to happen alot when i mount an enemy titan (also seen posts about this from others). Happened a few times when melee/executing a pilot and while in a titan myself. The mounting seemed to be the most consistent here. Tought not always, the amount of crashes i had in this exact moment cannot be random.

While finding patterns could maybe help. They don´t care anyways tbh.. they haven´t for months now and they prolly won´t ever .....
  • _Li0n_cL
    That's why I said they "noticed" us, that doesn't mean they care, which is unfortunate @Ceyly

Regarding your answer @MeFirstThenYou, then we're pretty much condemned to deal with the crashes or simply stop playing if Respawn does not fix this issue.

Anyway, at least let's try to keep hope, everything is not lost, at least not yet.
  • NaviNix
    11 postsPosts: 12
    NaviNix wrote: »
    Hey guys, I contact technical support EA and this time i tried the next links that they sent me:
    https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/pc/how-to-flush-dns-cache-for-windows/
    https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/
    Before i tried the uninstall, repair and I have the drivers 17.10 for my r9 280
    and this time i could play two hours without problem, tell me if is works to you guys

Nice work, @NaviNix - folks, give this stuff a try - please post up if it works.

It still crashing(i can play for more time), i will report you guys if the technical support give me another solution
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager
    Hey folks apologies as it seems like many missed my response to this.

We have been aware the crashes and working directly with AMD on this issue. We don't have a resolution yet but we are continuing to work on it. When I know more I'll do an announcement in the Game Updates section.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • _Li0n_cL
    Well, I was expecting an answer when you guys had the solution for the issue, but I think I'm speaking for all of us when I say thanks for taking the time to try to fix it.

On a side note (hopefully you'll answer to this as well). Is the evidence that we've posted here enough for you? Or should we keep reporting if we find any other patterns or stuff related to the issue?
  • Ceyly
    Hey folks apologies as it seems like many missed my response to this.

We have been aware the crashes and working directly with AMD on this issue. We don't have a resolution yet but we are continuing to work on it. When I know more I'll do an announcement in the Game Updates section.
    *Joy*
    Well, I was expecting an answer when you guys had the solution for the issue, but I think I'm speaking for all of us when I say thanks for taking the time to try to fix it.
    Totally agree :smile:
  • MeFirstThenYou
    I consider reinstalling the game if a patch is released that will fix this.
  • ShopoPower
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I have the same error with a nvidia card,support said that i should upgrade my GPU...I don't think the GPU is the problem here.
  • SakazakiGunpey
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Same problem here.
    Please fix it. I cant play.
    Radeon R9 280X
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager

On a side note (hopefully you'll answer to this as well). Is the evidence that we've posted here enough for you? Or should we keep reporting if we find any other patterns or stuff related to the issue?

I will follow up and see if any more info would be helpful. What you folks have been providing so far is great.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • _Li0n_cL
    edited June 2017
    Thanks again man. I have additional patterns by the way:

1.- Sometimes, when I manage to land a melee attack on another titan the game crashes.

2.- I've crashed several times seconds after executing a titan, especially with both Ronin and Ronin Prime.

3.- This one happens mostly with the Northstar Prime execution, basically the game crashes while I'm performing an execution.
  • Ceyly
    I´ve started to do a list for my crashes what i can see and what is on the field (if it helps or not - it keeps me from raging over it..)..
    Tought this is my first crash since i started - i´ve already read from another guy that he feels a pattern when detected by a sonar.

Right now i had 2 enemy pilots near me, 1 enemy titan was on the field ( Tone ) and the game crashed right when the sonar detected me. My screen was mainly grey cause i were nearly dead - if i remember right this was also often the case when it crashed.
    Gona add more when i have some more data.
  • _Li0n_cL
    edited June 2017
    I have crashed a couple of times while deploying inside my titan after getting killed. I'll keep searching for patterns.

Edit: It happens right before I hit the ground.
  • Argo-Ego
    5 postsPosts: 5
    Hi guys,

I've had this crash since end of April/ beginning of May.

Built a new system at the start of April:
    Windows 10 (64bit)
    i5 7600k
    z170 pro gaming
    16GB RAM Corsair Vengence
    500GB Samsung EVO SSD
    and (I think crucially here) RX 480 8GB
    EVO 650 GQ PSU

There seems to be no pattern to this in game, that I can see.
    Some sessions I don't crash for 5/6 games.
    Other times, I can't finish a game without crashing - though it does feel like it happens more often when I'm playing well.
    Earlier this evening, I bombed out of 2 games in a row when I was bossing the match (Got told I was '100% hacking' in the 2nd one, which was hilarious - I'm nothing special, just we all get a good run now and again).

There were no similarities to the moment of the crashes.
    First one was in a Titan next to a teammate (also in a Titan). Second one I was on foot and nowhere near anyone else when I crashed.

This crash issue is super-frustrating.
    I've rolled back my driver to the first one I installed (17.1.1), as I know this was stable when I set up the new system. Tried the latest optional driver on Friday - crashed in the first match. It *feels* like it crashes less often with the old driver but, that's maybe that's just a placebo.

It's almost 100% a hard crash for me, no drop to desktop, just dead - I'm seen the 'DEVICE_HUNG' notification about twice. Mostly, I have to hard restart my machine.
    I've run fullscreen, windowed and borderless - always the same.

This on top of the dreadfully (in)consistent server lag issues just about kills the game for me. It's only been in the last 3 days that the server lag has finally settled down for me since the last update. But, if I get a lag-free session, its often cut short by this crash issue.
    Needless to say, I don't crash playing anything else, just Titanfall 2.

Please, Respawn fix or at least acknowledge the problem here.
    I love this game, when it runs properly but, for me at least, those times are the exception, not the rule.
  • _Li0n_cL
    Don't worry Argo, as you can see on the 4th page, Jayfresh has already told us Respawn is aware of the issue. Hopefully we'll get a patch which fixes it before the current month ends.