Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Crashing to desktop after Colony update..

SirBigbloke
9 postsPosts: 12
Hey all.. Had an issue with this since the colony update.. No problems with the game previously.. Firstly got a DX error ( The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. ) which would halt the game.. I think I fixed that by going to my TitanFall install folder and re-running DX set up, which has seemed to eliminate that issue.. Or it did last night.. Now the game crashes me straight out of the game and back to the Origin homepage. I haven't made any system changes and my system is not Over Clocked.. Any one else getting these issues??

Comments

• Same here, for no flipping reason, it crashes after a single game, and only after this update, i usually had no problem playing 5+ games in a row, this is really frustrating, i literally set anything i can to the lowest settings and it does jack shiiii, This really makes me wanna just stop playing, i m sick of having my game just ruined like that while i m in the middle of the match.
  • ironeinstein
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Same here.

I'll get a graphics stutter, it crashes and freezes, and I have to alt-tab to the desktop to close the game and get the DX error message (same as SirBigbloke). Previously, I could play 10+ games and never crash. Now I'm lucky if I can play 2-3 games without a crash. Ruins the experience because it's ALWAYS in the middle of a match, never the beginning or end.

PLEASE FIX THIS QUICKLY!!!
  • mrbigs9890
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Hey I am getting the same exact thing. Made sure all drivers are updated and tried setting everything to lowest settings and still getting same crash. Could play the game for hours before colony update but max I've gone is 2 matches before this starts happening. And it's randomly in the middle of a match like ironeinstein. Same DX error too.
  • SirBigbloke
    Now constantly getting the DX error - But not the crash to origin desktop - So I've tried this so far -
    Rolled back AMD driver to 17.2.1 - Re-installed Direct X.. ( every time I do this, it seems to require downloading of files? ) Repaired the game via right clicking on Titan Fall 2 and clicking 'Repair' - Still throwing up the error - As I said.. never had this problem before the update!!!
  • Jus7ice
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Similar issues. Rarely make it two full games.

i5 3570k
    Windoows 10
    16GB RAM
    Radeon HD 7970
  • MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    I experience regular crashes after the last update for the game. I used to get occasional stutter about once per every 90 minutes. Now the game will just completely freeze with the sound looping in the background and I have to alt+tab and kill the process.

Wind 10 64Bit
    ASUS Radeon R9 280
    I7-3770
  • _Li0n_cL
    29 postsPosts: 29
    Same here, after the colony update I'm experiencing regular crashes for unknown reasons, I usually can't play more than 2 full matches before this DX error shows up and halts the game. I've tried everything I can think of, but it hasn't worked whatsoever. Here are my specs if it is useful

Windows 10 64Bit

R9 280X

FX-6300

16GB RAM
  • SAme f**ing ****!!!
    I buy this game recently, but i can't play this piece of **** because deadly freezes!!!
    And it happening on my two computers! With any graphic settings!
    Last my play - 14 kill streak, 2 titans! I've never had so cool play bc i start to play recently (or I'm lucky) and BAM! Game freeze. I broke my keyboard. First item in my life that i rage broke
    **** **** game
  • POPSHASH
    2 postsPosts: 3
    i want a fucken refund ,, take this **** crashing game back and refund me ,, once you fixed it ill be happy to give you my money ...
    any one knows how to claim for refund ?
  • I am having the same issues as described above. https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/comment/73228#Comment_73228

I have similar system specifications as above as well.

I am running a PowerColor Radeon 7950
    Windows 10
  • Miguejun
    8 postsPosts: 8
    edited April 20
    Mismo error, creí haberlo solucionado pero hoy me volvió el problema, un detalle importante que todos tenemos HD 7970 o similar y surge a raíz de actualizar el juego a la última versión.
    Same mistake, I thought I solved it but today I got the problem, an important detail that we all have HD 7970 ( Windows 10) or similar and comes from updating the game to the latest version.
  • MaxBEEF
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Same crash happening with R9 280x
    No effective reaction from Respawn is pretty **** considering how many people are affected. All known solutions/workarounds did nothing for me.
  • aSe_Sethicus
    4 postsPosts: 5
    Same crash here, also with r9 280x
  • MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 281 ✭✭✭
    So far I had no crashes, but it is a bit too early for a final verdict.
  • Miguejun
    After updating I still have the same problem
  • ciccione2
    edited April 29
    The same for me... I got a crash every 15 minutes (about), and makes the game unplayable. Haven't they found a fix yet?

Windows 7 Ultimate
    R9 280x
    fx 8320
    8gb ram 1866mhz
  • The update seemed to have fixed this issue at first, but now I'm back to the same problem. I get one or two matches and then the game crashes, always in the middle of a match.

So disappointing.
  • If it helps, the crash seems to happen right before i die in the game...
  • SirBigbloke
    Updated graphics drivers to most recent version ( AMD ) and the game crashed are more frequent.. Played two games and crashes in both. Always same error -

0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The applications device failed due to badly formed commands sent to the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Have now deleted all contents of Direct X from the install folder and then repairing the game through origin. I've also updated to an optional AMD driver version 17.4.4

Found this link while looking for answers - https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5166/titanfall-2-troubleshooting-faq#latest

Most of that I've tried, but it makes no difference.. Why should I start changing things on my machine because of what is fundamentally a coding issue? I'm not going to underclock my graphics card! I paid good money for the card I'm using and now I'm told not to run it to it's potential?
    I don't know what they've changed with the colony update, but even the new DLC hasn't fixed any of my issues..
  • ciccione2
    I MIGHT have a temporary fix... Increase the voltage on the gpu. I have played 2 session about 1.5 hours each without crashes. I'll continue to try it in these days and to check the voltage during tf2 sessions and other games. it seems to me that voltage oscillates too much while playing tf2.
  • SirBigbloke
    After all that i tried.. game ran sweet for about 6 maybe 7 games, then crashed again.. restarted, played another game.. crash again.. The crashed seem to come when there is alot on screen.. for example, last crash was 3 titans on screen, one landing and smoke and bullets flying..
    I see what your saying ciccione2, but having to underclock or running your card as standard is meant to be the fix.. Not increasing voltage..Be intrested to know your results! It seems that it's a situation that some things might fix some but not others.. What card are you running?
  • SirBigbloke
    Might have found a fix.. well for me it's working so far anyway.. Reset your in-game graphics settings.. You can still adjust stuff like shadows and things, but resetting seems to have sorted my crashes out..

Settings -> Video -> Restore Recommended Settings (use the in-game menu, not the GeForce Experience or similar tools). Use triple buffered vsync.

I'll play tonight and report back..
  • SirBigbloke
    Naa.... Still crashed..
  • _Li0n_cL
    edited May 1
    Still crashing, although they've been pretty inconsistent so far. I've been able to play for hours without crashing, yet sometimes the DX error shows up at the first match I join. One word: Disappointed.

The only pattern I've noticed with these crashes is that they take place on any gamemode which includes titans.
  • ciccione2
    I still have crashes... so they were just 2 lucky plays. It seems the crashed are rarer (2 crashes today in 2 hours against 1 every 15/20 minutes) but it may be only casual again.
    I think the only thing we can do is wait for a fix from developers
  • _Li0n_cL
    Hopefully they will fix it. But it seems we're a minority, I fear it will take a while until they notice us, if they even do at all. Let's hope we'll get a solution as soon as possible.
  • Miguejun
    Those affected have amd graphics, HD 7970,7950,r9 280,290,270,etc
  • _Li0n_cL
    edited May 3
    AMD released a new optional driver update, the 17.4.4, however, the release notes do not mention Titanfall 2. Frustrating indeed.

Edit: No crashes yet, will report back tomorrow.
  • QuickWhiteRabbit
    2 postsPosts: 3
    edited May 3
    Same thing going on here and - you guessed it - AMD user here as well.
    It's especially frustrating because I play a lot of LTS and crashes seem to occur pretty frequently when Titans are on the field.
  • RomeoDeltaCharly
    9 postsPosts: 10
    Alright. I can't even play one match now. Can't get halfway through one match without it freezing and crashing on me.

I'm not going to deal with this anymore. I did have fun when I could actually play, but it's just **** at this point.