Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

I thought Halo 5 was bad, but this takes the cake

sleepindie
0 postsPosts: 1
Seriously, what happened between Titanfall 1 and 2? The lag in this game is absolutely ridiculous. Ping times constantly flutter between 50 and up to 200! I favor Tone, but he becomes practically useless when there is lag because you need to hit your target to get locks and the enemy is skipping all over the screen and/or moving in fast forward. I cannot even count the number of times I have been killed by a pilot through a wall. It seems the higher I rank up the worse it gets. I prefer the Hemlock since it resembles the BR in Halo but after the first burst I might as well be a sitting duck as controls seem to just cut off.

I'm walking away because there isn't a single part of this that is fun anymore and I refuse to pay for a second account so I can get some decent games. At least in Halo 5 there is some skill involved and I have a chance to defend myself before the guy skipping all over the screen ends up behind me for an assassination.

And for the love of God, lose Ronin. He is impossible to take on with lag. He closes the distance in the time it takes my console to catch up due to latency. Why you opted to put a melee Titan in this is beyond me. If you're going to do that, at least fix your colliders so I'm not getting hung up on every little thing as I try to keep my distance. And up against a melee Titan in maps with no room to move, forget about it.

Kudos on the campaign though. Loved it. I'd rather beat that a third time than waste another minute in MP.

Comments

• Raniok
    369 postsPosts: 370 ✭✭✭
    These latency issues should be taken up with your service provider.
    It is a principle in the art of war that one should simply lay down his life and strike. If one's opponent does the same, it is an even match
  • For me, it's my CPU. I plan to upgrade as soon as I have the money.
  • BlazingComet318
    65 postsPosts: 66
    Halo 5=trash
  • Geddon95405
    171 postsPosts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Halo 5 Warzone Firefight = totally awesome

titanfall should copy it
  • ProfArs
    1284 postsPosts: 1,312 ✭✭✭
    sleepindie wrote: »
    Seriously, what happened between Titanfall 1 and 2? The lag in this game is absolutely ridiculous. Ping times constantly flutter between 50 and up to 200! I favor Tone, but he becomes practically useless when there is lag because you need to hit your target to get locks and the enemy is skipping all over the screen and/or moving in fast forward. I cannot even count the number of times I have been killed by a pilot through a wall. It seems the higher I rank up the worse it gets. I prefer the Hemlock since it resembles the BR in Halo but after the first burst I might as well be a sitting duck as controls seem to just cut off.

I'm walking away because there isn't a single part of this that is fun anymore and I refuse to pay for a second account so I can get some decent games. At least in Halo 5 there is some skill involved and I have a chance to defend myself before the guy skipping all over the screen ends up behind me for an assassination.

And for the love of God, lose Ronin. He is impossible to take on with lag. He closes the distance in the time it takes my console to catch up due to latency. Why you opted to put a melee Titan in this is beyond me. If you're going to do that, at least fix your colliders so I'm not getting hung up on every little thing as I try to keep my distance. And up against a melee Titan in maps with no room to move, forget about it.

Kudos on the campaign though. Loved it. I'd rather beat that a third time than waste another minute in MP.

Search bar is a thing. Use it. There's literally an entire latency thread talking about what you're complaining about.
    I am a Potato beyond Potatoes. I... am a Super Potato!