Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

First Smart Pistol lock-on of a game session causes stutter/lag/freeze

TheExplosion2
1 postsPosts: 2
edited August 2017
  • Platform: X1
  • Issue: After booting up the game to play, my very first smart pistol use of the session will hitch briefly as soon as a lock-on begins to happen. It will be fine the rest of the play session until the game is closed and restarted.
  • Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: I haven't noticed it NOT happening, so I assume it is 100%.
  • Details on how to reproduce the issue: Start up the game. Join Multiplayer with the Smart Pistol Boost selected. Earn the Smart Pistol and equip it. The first time the pistol begins the lock-on sequence, the framerate will hitch. See a game clip of the issue occuring here. Notice the stutter right as the enemy rounds the corner. For the rest of the play session, the smart pistol will lock on without affecting the framerate (as, I imagine, is the intended behavior).

Comments

• Sonariooo
    7 postsPosts: 7
    I am having the same issue
  • TopRival75
    1 postsPosts: 2
    Me too. Very annoying.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
    You might want to contact EA support about this one - if three people have complained about it in a year and a half, it can't be that wide spread, and they may have a fix for it.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot