Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Phase Shift -Tips for killing those who vanish

mgood1845
141 postsPosts: 154 ✭✭
In other areas of this forum a rather heated discussion has been brewing about whether or not Phase Shift is OP ** Please Use the Search feature to find the discussion** i have posted a link here https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11009/phase-shift-a-dimension-of-imbalance/p1

I have created this post to help those who are constantly being annoyed by those who are phase shifting . Here are a few tips I can offer being a phase main player that routinely get me killed.

1.) Move around. If you shot at a pilot and they phased chances are pretty good they phased to get to cover, and know in a general direction where the shots came from. Moving around will allow you to keep the pilot guessing where you are. (Remember a Phase Shift means a pilot is running blind and can't see anything on the map)

Use this to your advantage.

2.) Use the phase time frame (3) seconds to your advantage as well. Those 3 seconds are more how you use them than a Phase Shift Pilot is. Do the Following:
  • Cook a Grenade
  • Reload your gun
  • move to cover
  • follow the phase trail to guess where the pilot is
  • be off the ground when the pilot returns, i rarely look up to find a pilot after returning (usally results in my enemy getting an easy kick to my face)

3.) Experienced Phase Shift users will deploy the phase before rounding a corner on some maps. My tip is listen, the phase shift noise is very distinct and coupled with the vapor trail it isn't hard to hear and prepare with the list above.

I hope that other forum members can offer some other great tips to help our pilots in the community know that there are definitely ways to beat a phase shift. And with tips like these you should be winning the fight more frequently than before.

GOOD Luck!

Comments

• V3RN3TTI
    356 postsPosts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    Have a look at my hints and tips video.
    I have covered some aspects of the phase shift and also how to spot the re-entry of players coming out of it.

• EurynomeStolas
    123 postsPosts: 162 ✭✭
    Phase needs to be one use it becomes **** with tactikill. It's really a noob tactical. No one should get 2 oops buttons to reset gun fights
  • mgood1845
    141 postsPosts: 154 ✭✭
    Phase needs to be one use it becomes **** with tactikill. It's really a noob tactical. No one should get 2 oops buttons to reset gun fights

This comment is for another area in these forums (i provided a direct link in my OP above) please join the discussion about uses and changes there. This was posted in the "Tips and Tricks" Section to help aid players out who are having trouble winning fights with pilots using phase shift.
  • Sppeedbuster
    15 postsPosts: 16
    I my primarily use Phase Shift for offense, defense, everything in between. From my perspective, here are some other ideas for dealing with this pesky Tactical.

Watch and listen for a Phase Shift returning your reality, it's sound is not only distinctive, but so is it's bright flash.

Don't just move, predict. If someone phases while in to a long hall way or corridor, there's only two ways he could be going. Same goes for any map looking really, be ready for what might be the most likely route.

This is also the counter point to Tip 1, we maybe be running blind, but we're also try to predict where our opposition is going, do something unexpected or hard to avoid once we Phase back in, we only have the smallest fraction of a second to determine if our Phase Shift was truly beneficial or not.

• Aimbot_user
    18 postsPosts: 24
    The thing with phase shift is that it's useful in all situations but one: gaining speed. While in phase shift, you cannot go very far. While you do get a reset, so does the enemy. The only advantage you have while under phase shift is movement. Not moving around with speed, though. Your benefit is the ability to move the entire fight. You can disengage, go behind someone, target someone else, whatever you want. As the phase shift user, you hold all the cards.

As the victim, your job is to figure out where he is coming out of phase shift, and whether or not to break line of sight. If you know his exact location(very rare for experienced pilots but somewhat common in close quarters), go for the kill as fast regen won't have completely healed him yet. If the pilot is too far away, try breaking line of sight. It will negate the value of his phase shift completely, unless he intentionally disengaged. If that is true, prepare to be hunted.

The trick with phase shift is to outsmart the user, making sure you still have the illusion of control over the outcome. It's all about the mindgames. If you expect your victim to back up while you are in phase shift, get a height advantage and surprise him. Disengage completely sometimes to see if he forgets about you, then start the hunt again.

Clearly I think phase shift is one of the best tacticals in the game. Not powerful enough to deserve a nerf because of its counterplay, but very good in skilled hands.
  • TheMightyM0
    415 postsPosts: 437 ✭✭✭
    One hilarious counter to the phase shift I have found (well, maybe not hilarious, but satisfying at least) is actually the esmoke grenade. If you shoot a phaser a couple times, and they phase, throw smoke and watch for them to emerge from their phase, get confused, and die. Situational, obviously, but its a good way to further confuse somebody who is trying to use phase to escape you.
  • OdysseyHome
    1583 postsPosts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    One hilarious counter to the phase shift I have found (well, maybe not hilarious, but satisfying at least) is actually the esmoke grenade. If you shoot a phaser a couple times, and they phase, throw smoke and watch for them to emerge from their phase, get confused, and die. Situational, obviously, but its a good way to further confuse somebody who is trying to use phase to escape you.

I prefer g-star. Stick em when they return.

Typically I pair phase with e-smoke and threat scope so this tact will back fire in that situation.
  • TheMightyM0
    415 postsPosts: 437 ✭✭✭
    Pretty ironic. I just posted about putting video over here. Look what's at the top of the discussions list? And look at who has already commented? (I'm an ****)
  • OdysseyHome
    1583 postsPosts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited April 24
    Pretty ironic. I just posted about putting video over here. Look what's at the top of the discussions list? And look at who has already commented? (I'm an ****)

It's okay I am one too!