Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Found a bug or issue with Live Fire Update? Report it here.

Jayfresh_Respawn
539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager
Hey folks, this is the spot to let us know of any bugs or issues you encounter with the Live Fire Update. Please use the following format and be nice!

Platform:

Describe Issue or Bug:

Can you reproduce it?

Provide any screens or video if you can:
Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn

Comments

• Terminusr606
    1 postsPosts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Platform:
    Xbox one

Describe Issue or Bug:
    After a major update like this I lose some of my patches and banners I tried to go through the EA help after this occurred around angel city release and after a month no fixes and they kept closing my case. It has now happened again. I had to re earn many things and now it has happened again.

Can you reproduce it?
    I cannot reproduce it it happens when you guys update the game.

P.S. I would have left this in a better spot but this is probably my best bet for me and others like me to get this noticed
  • Platform: PC

Unfortunately, ever since the live fire patch has come out I have been experiencing some rather gamebreaking stability issues while trying to play the game. Roughly 4 out of every 5 games I play, the game will freeze up a few minutes into the match before kicking me back to the main menu of the game. I find this particularly odd, since my ping has been perfectly reasonable and the connection feels stable up until the moment the freeze/crash occurs. This has been happening across all maps and modes, but happens most often in the matchmaking playlist LiveFire, where I have been experiencing a series of other bugs as well. When a new round begins the game will commonly get stuck on the end of round screen for the previous round even once the match has started, and will only disappear once my character has been killed in game. This bug will commonly precede the game freezing and returning to the main menu. Also when a new round begins, occasionally there will be no in game sound. It's worth noting that this particular bug has only ever happened in the live fire game mode and only on the map "meadow" for some reason.

As far as reproducing it, in game modes that are not round-based, when the disconnect or kick to menu occurs is seemingly random as far as when it happens in the match, but is consistent in that it happens nearly every game. For round-based modes like live fire, it commonly follows the bug where the game gets stuck on the end of round results, though I have also been forced back to menu by it mid round as well. The bug where the audio disappears always happens between rounds, and strangely this bug has only occurred on the map "meadow". The audio has never disappeared during the middle of a round. Sometimes sound will resume for the next round, sometimes the issue fails to fix itself. It may be worth noting that for the bug where the game gets stuck on the end round results screen, this has only happened in the live fire game mode, not the coliseum or last titan standing, though this may just be because I have not played those modes as much as I have played live fire post patch.

Excited about the new content and hoping for a fix soon so I can play more of it
  • The first time I booted up Titanfall 2 and entered the title screen, it locked up only seconds later. I restarted my PS4 and tried once again. I deleted my game data and reinstalled it, but to no avail. I hope this issue gets resolved soon.
  • Platform:
    Xbox One

I have no game sound at all only in the lobby after I downloaded the Live Fire Update

It's not stopping even after I reset the game and my system still doing it continues everytime I play the game please fix thank you

• Platform:
    PC - win10 pro
    (I believe I was linked to the Oregon GCE Data center @~27ms)

Bug description:

This morning I dropped in to play a game of attrition, we were playing on Black Water Canal; after about a minute - the match was declared over as the score bar reflected the Pilots v. Pilots 50 point meter. I definitely had a titan meter building so I didn't mistakenly choose the wrong game mode (nor was it selected in the new playlist search format, only attrition was selected).

Can I reproduce it?:
    I haven't reproduced this issue, but I do have a screen capture which I will post below (please excuse my pre-morning coffee aim :neutral: ).

Video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fp0jC3gDNtE&feature=youtu.be
  • holomorph271
    4 postsPosts: 4
    edited February 2017
    Hey Jay, thanks for providing this and generally making it so easy for us to give feedback, you guys are doing an awesome job! Since the Live Fire update came out, I've been having the following issue:

Platform: PC (Windows 10), London Datacenter

Describe Issue or Bug: I've been experiencing slower pilot speeds in Live Fire than in the other modes, both while sprinting on the ground and while wallrunning (as well as when slide-hopping). I know some people have had their FOVs reset by the update and it's made them perceive the game as being slower, but my FOV has been at 100 the entire time so that's not it (I've changed it around a few times to make sure). A few people have reported the same in the in-game chat when I've asked, but most don't seem affected by the issue (and indeed seem to be going at normal speeds when I'm spectating them in 1st person or on killcams). I've specifically tried to play a different game mode and then Live Fire back to back to check, and Live Fire has been consistently slower. Any idea what might be causing this?

Edit: After having tested it a bit more last night when I was recording the videos, I think it's not just in Live Fire, I seemed to be getting some slowdowns in Attrition too (it was late at night though so I hope I'm not imagining things). It's also not constant throughout the whole game, it seems to slower at certain points and normal at others. There was also some noticeable lag/stuttering (see the first video), including a tiny bit of mouse lag I think, although the ping was around 40-50 the entire time.

Can you reproduce it? It's happened every time I've played Live Fire so far. Edit: It doesn't seem to be as slow during all parts of the games though and at various points I seem to have normal speed.

Provide any screens or video if you can: here's a full Live Fire match where I think it's reasonably noticeable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7bsTI1hrI. Compare the start of the first round with the start of the second round for example: the first round seems more or less normal (or maybe just a tad slow) to me, but the second (at the 1 min mark in the video) seems notably slower at the start (it seems to recover later and then get slow again). I tried to do some straight sprinting and wall-running in the video to highlight it, hopefully it's helpful footage. The rest of the video seems to have a few bits where I've got normal speed and a few where it's slower.

Here are also two games of attrition for reference, played just before that game of Live Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0GF-ROO29A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFD30-37wYQ. I'm not sure there's anything conclusive there and the first one looks fine throughout to my eyes, but the second one seems to have a few slowdowns too (although less so than the Live Fire one): e.g. the sprinting from 7:38 onwards seems slower compared to e.g. 0:57 onwards, although I'm not confident this is the same issue. In any case, it's pretty difficult to be precise about this stuff without a way of measuring it, but I hope that first video shows what I was talking about at least.

Edit 2: Since recording the videos above I've also tested it out with the +cl_showpos 2 command and the speed definitely shows up as consistent between the different game modes at 260 (apart from Coliseum, which is faster and has taller jumps). I also did have quite a bit of lag/stuttering in one of the games, which did make the game seem sluggish at that point, so maybe that's got something to do with it? Anyway, I'll probably stop worrying about it but if you do find something or if there's anything else that would be helpful to test on my end do let me know!
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    @holomorph271 I've seen these reports too and I've spoken to some of the designers about it. If you could capture it that would be helpful for sure. We did not make any changes to pilot speed.
  • SpudmanVA
    3 postsPosts: 3
    edited February 2017
    > Platform: PC - Windows 10 Home - 64bit, 980TI x 1, i7-920, 18GB RAM.
    > Describe Issue or Bug: "Resetting Invalid Loadout" Error (anywhere in the multiplayer section for TF2). Drops me back to TF2 main menu. Only started occurred right after Live Fire patch was applied today. I've never seen this error before today 2/24. Got the error while on Virginia 2 and New York data centers, if useful.
    > Can you reproduce it? Maybe. It occurred when starting TF2 Multiplayer for the first time after installing the latest patch. Then it occurred twice during multiplayer game play... maybe when the final score screen was about to come on. I've only played an hour or two with the patch applied.
    > Provide any screens or video if you can: Sorry, no screenshots. It says "Resetting Invalid Loadout" in TF2 normal looking fonts.
    Version 2.0.2.1
    Thank you for you time, SpudmanVA
    Edit 1, 2/25, the error has not come back so far all day.
    Edit 2, 2/26, the error has not come back. Looking good...
  • The new commander intro's on PS4 have no audio. Audio seems fine for the original intro's. I have only tried them on attrition game mode. I don't know if there are multiple new intro's for each faction as they don't play sound, but there is most definitely new animations.

Can i reproduce it? Yes 100% so far. No sound plays for the new animations.

Sorry but I don't know how to put PS4 videos on here but playing a few rounds should make it plain unless it's only me with this bug. If so I will figure out how to record and post if necessary.
  • ProjectBangarang
    3770 postsPosts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The new commander intro's on PS4 have no audio. Audio seems fine for the original intro's. I have only tried them on attrition game mode. I don't know if there are multiple new intro's for each faction as they don't play sound, but there is most definitely new animations.

Sorry but I don't know how to put PS4 videos on here but playing a few rounds should make it plain unless it's only me with this bug. If so I will figure out how to record and post if necessary.

Same platform same problem. As do my brother in law's (2 of them)
    "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • PHC479
    2 postsPosts: 3
    Platform: Xbox one

Issue: since the patch I now have lost the ability to 'Continue Game' in the main menu. I now can only chose 'Select Mission' and 'New Game'. It still shows all of the helmets I have collected but has lost my save point in the campaign.

Reproduce it: I tried a hard restart to see if it would help but it didn't. I have not played the campaign since as if I do I think I will lose my old save point (it will be over written). I am hoping it will be fixed otherwise I will have to replay the mission I am currently on.

Anyone help? Thanks
  • XBox One

No in game sound after update. Only lobby sound and it's choppy.
  • @holomorph271 I've seen these reports too and I've spoken to some of the designers about it. If you could capture it that would be helpful for sure. We did not make any changes to pilot speed.

Thanks! I've edited my post above with a few more observations and included a video of a Live Fire match that I think shows the issue.
  • The new commander intro's on PS4 have no audio. Audio seems fine for the original intro's. I have only tried them on attrition game mode. I don't know if there are multiple new intro's for each faction as they don't play sound, but there is most definitely new animations.

That's visible in the attrition video I uploaded above (with the 64 faction): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0GF-ROO29A. Not sure whether all the new animations should have audio but so far I think I've only heard one new line of audio (from Barker when playing with the ACES faction).
  • Platform: Pc
    Describe Issue or Bug: I can't play multiplayer. On the main menu when I hit multiplayer it connects to the lobby and then almost instantly boots me to the main menu saying "ERROR: resetting invalid loadout". I'm about to pull my hair out, i've tried everthing. I even reinstalled the entire game.
    Can you reproduce it? Happens every single time i try to play multiplayer.
    Provide any screens or video if you can:http://imgur.com/gw4Cgix
  • Lucifer7v
    4 postsPosts: 5
    xbox one

Sound is only on in lobby when I move the stick it goes off and starts a few seconds later I also have live wire go with sound but no video
  • indy925
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Platform: PC

Describe Issue or Bug:

Since the Live Fire update, Titanfall 2 crashes almost instantly upon starting single player campaign missions or a multiplayer game. I've tried changing video settings from default to lowest possible and it crashes every time. When starting a new single player game, it will play the cutscene, but as soon as player control starts it crashes. In multiplayer, I can drop from the dropship, but as soon as player control starts, it crashes. There is never a specific error given, it just says Titanfall 2 has stopped working.

I had ZERO issues before the latest patch. The game now is unplayable.

Can you reproduce it? Crash occurs every time I attempt to play.

Edit 1 - When I get player control, the crash occurs when I try to aim down sights, other controls appear to work. Note that this happens only if I get the game to load without crashing first.
  • After loading into a live fire match in progress, my screen was completely black.
    I could toggle the scoreboard and view it without any problems. I could also bring up the pilot/Titan select/edit menus, however in those menus only the text was visible and everything else was blacked out, like the pilot and Titan avatars.
    I had full control over my pilot, I could run, jump, shoot, use grenades and tacticals.
    When I was killed in could see the red appear on my screen as I was being damaged.
    I went into spectator mode and it was the same thing. Black screen, but could see the red from my teammate being killed.
    I was forced to leave the match early, although it might have been occuring to others since I noticed that other people had left as well.

In another live fire match, there was only 1 player alive on both teams, with the enemy team holding the flag. My teammate killed the last player on the enemy team, however when the round ended it declared the other team as winners, saying they were holding the flag, even though nobody was left alive in their team.
    For some reason it showed that the enemy dropped the flag AFTER the round had ended.
  • Title log in screen freezes. Also, when I turn analog stick left or right there seems to be a major delay before going a full 360 degrees after update.
  • Lucifer7v
    4 postsPosts: 5
    edited February 2017
    No sound exept lobby but if I move the left stick the sound goes away and comes back after a few seconds
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    Hey all sorry for the issues. Thank you for reporting and providing info.

I've sent all of these to team to investigate.
  • LordRockinghamm
    142 postsPosts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Platform: ps4

Issue: Error code ce-36329-3

Tf freezes and my ps4 shuts down completely without warning. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times and it continues to happen once every four to five days. Its happened a total of seven times and its never happened with any other game. I was hoping the live fire patch may fix this problem since certain 'stability issues' were going to be addressed.

Can I reproduce this: It just happens randomly.
  • JudgeTheVox
    edited February 2017
    Platform: PS4

Issue: Number of players in matches information during matchmaking is missing

Ever since the live fire update, it now no longer display the number of players in matches during matchmaking search. Is this an intended change or a bug? Does anyone face this issue as well?
  • Platform:
    PS4

Describe Issue or Bug:
    Screen is blackout but sound and operation still working.

Can you reproduce it?
    No. it automatically restored at next match.
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    Not related to this update but since it isa lingering issue and still not fixed...any news on high ping issue? Well beyond the number reported in data center: https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7321/report-high-ping-here/p8
  • spargsy
    68 postsPosts: 78
    I was messing around with nose arts in my titans earlier and when looking through scorch, the fireband nose art was missing (on either prime titan or not). I do have the nitro scorch pack and can equip the war paint on default scorch but the nose art is missing...
  • I posted this in the Reddit thread, but just in case you missed it:

I've found an instance where a light source still flickers on a crossfire configuration. It seems most of the instances pre-Live Fire patch were fixed, but I've found one that still exists:

After I got away in the evacuation ship, the nearby star outside the ship was flickering.
  • Playstation 4

Bug- Upon Loading the home screen an automatic FREEZE takes over for several minutes. After about 5 minutes of leaving the frozen screen idle, the scene then takes off again like nothing ever happened.

I took a video of what I have been experiencing. Hope this helps.
    https://youtu.be/PZbeHlmYWJ8

-Benz-
  • Same issue over here. after latest patch my PS4 Titanfall 2 version crash.
    if you wish to video, here is it:

This video didn't belong to me, but I am facing exactly same issue.
    I am looking forward you to release a new patch to resolve this ASAP.
  • BeWary
    Platform: PC

Describe Issue or Bug: SLI performance is worse than single card performance.

Can you reproduce it?

Yes, every time. I have 2 780's in SLI with the latest GeForce driver. With a single card, I get 70fps in the training mission. With SLI using Alternate Frame Rendering #2, I get 70 fps, but the game feels choppy and unpleasant to play. With SLI, GPU utilization is ~50% according to GPU-Z.

Please fix this ASAP. I bought the game months ago but still cannot play it due to this issue. 70 fps may seem alright to some, but under gaming conditions it goes much lower and is unplayable. Once you game over 120 fps, there's no going back...

Provide any screens or video if you can: N/A