Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

What has made you the saltiest in a MP match?

mgood1845
157 postsPosts: 172 ✭✭
Just wondering what has sent you cursing at your TV, wanting to chuck your controller at a wall..... was it a nuke eject, your titan got crushed...that pesky G2 or Devotion camper? Was it that one player that kept assassinating you? Write your rage here.. make us laugh!

Note: Bonus points for setting up your stories with humor and if possible how sweet revenge was!

Comments

• I-Shaamaan-I
    64 postsPosts: 77
    edited February 2017
    Bad MM and any time I get on the evac but it gets blown up.

Getting a titan dropped on me? I'm not even mad.
    Campers? You can weed them out if you really want.

But a bad MM ruins the whole game. There's also no way of revenge in those cases (so I won't be getting any bonus merits, ****!). It's just one sided games from start to finish.

As for the evac... I keep saying that Respawn had a FANTASTIC idea when they set that up. At least initially. Before people figured out you could just blow the evac, it really was a race to try and redeem oneself. And it worked. Loosing didn't feel half bad, because a successful evac happened relatively often. But then people figured out how to blow up the evac, and it very quickly lost its purpose. Now it's just extra salt after a bad match; you KNOW getting to the evac is pointless, and you might as well quit the match then and there.
  • ImSmart4Real
    47 postsPosts: 70
    edited February 2017
    G2 campers... those guys make me feel im the only one going close range with this gun.
    thats how i got the Inner pieces execution the moment "angel city most wanted" came out... the moment i see one of those guys i leave everything else behind and going for the executions, pulse blade kills, and tea-bagging untill the game ends or the camper rage quits.
    and Devotion campers... take what i do to the G2 campers and think of that X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 i really hate that gun and i dream of the days when LMG camping was still a COD thing...
    I'm a very calm person most of the time as well but this game can make me break my desk using my head sometimes...

R.I.P titanfall1- will never forget the oldschool days.
    "ImSmart- you're not."
  • mgood1845
    @ImSmart4Real lmao i can't agree more, the Cloaked G2, Hemlock, Devotion users are just on a dif level of frustrating....... i never tbag...even when i'm bagged...what i will do is switch from the Kraber to some default try hard setup Example: hemlock (phase shift) and Tone and play with the meta (get myself to the game MVP status) and at the end of the match i'll simply send a "LOL" to the tbagger....

• MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 282 ✭✭✭
    "Suicide" by accidently phase dashing into another Titan. The worst thing in this case was that I managed to phase dash into reaper that was dropped right when I started the dash.
  • Yesterday i was playing ion right? After being a recovering tone main... and after i doom a titan im thinking tones are ****. Well seconds later I was proven right as an ally blocked my escape route when a ronin nuke ejected. He threw up the particle wall and stood there and caused the nuker to get a **** triple kill. I was screeching at that point and today i have a sore throat from that. F*ck **** tones.
  • Yesterday i was playing ion right? After being a recovering tone main... and after i doom a titan im thinking tones are ****. Well seconds later I was proven right as an ally blocked my escape route when a ronin nuke ejected. He threw up the particle wall and stood there and caused the nuker to get a **** triple kill. I was screeching at that point and today i have a sore throat from that. F*ck **** tones.

Also apparently "****" without spaces is censored
  • LamAbyss90
    80 postsPosts: 86
    getting over 200 points in attrition and still losing....
  • majormasingil
    265 postsPosts: 279 ✭✭✭
    I get the saltiest when people play with no class. Like if they're in a party pub stomping score at 350 against 100 and t bag on every kill. Campers and meta game super sweaty people only annoy me slightly but they're fun to go get and teach a lesson
  • mgood1845
    I get the saltiest when people play with no class. Like if they're in a party pub stomping score at 350 against 100 and t bag on every kill. Campers and meta game super sweaty people only annoy me slightly but they're fun to go get and teach a lesson

yea i hate pub stomping squads, that go to the spawns and just rip kills with the OP weapons. I ran against a guy and his squad yesterday that had 4k kills on his CAR, like use a new gun bro....you are obviously good with that one....and i was bagged after each kill and the best part was his clan tag was **** (not funny) at all.

its ppl like that who just need to go away and play Destiny lol
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    Hands down lag spikes
    Everything else I can shrug off, because it's either chance, or me being outplayed. Can't outperform the lag spikes
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • Aimbot_user
    19 postsPosts: 26
    Bad teammates. That sounds really elitist, but it's actually the only thing that annoys me in MP matches, considering that everything the opponent does can be countered. Teammates cannot be interacted with, only taught. I try and help, try and teach them not to run auto chip or stealth eject and/or block your way in LTS, air strafe while grappling, slide hop, etc.(should I make a guide?) but usually it takes more time than 1 match and most aren't that willing to learn(those that are end up on this forum). Since matches with less skilled players are relatively frequent(I average 100-150 points in attrition while tryharding) I've tried to teach as many people as possible how to avoid such things. Hence the forum.

That turned into a longer rant than I wanted it to be.
  • VultureX3
    6 postsPosts: 6
    the Ronin is way to powerful compared to the rest of the Titans. It can close 10 times faster than you can back away and two sword swipes you're dead. ****. They need to slow it's closing speed way down. Every **** body is running the Ronin or Scorch now that u nerfed the **** out of the Tone. ION is friggin worthless and so is the Northstar.
  • mgood1845
    VultureX3 wrote: »
    ION is friggin worthless and so is the Northstar.

I main Northstar and wreck house....either i'm insanely good at this game (unlikely) or you need to use some other titans and get used to their play styles. you can't charge into battle with Northstar....but that's a convo for a dif part of these forums
  • KrazyM82
    1013 postsPosts: 1,089 ✭✭✭
    The cheaters and Respawn doing nothing about them. Cheaters like team (sage) that use lag switches or anyone else that uses them. Cheaters that use hacks and modded controllers with auto/rapid fire and aim bots because they have no "skill" without the cheats.
  • narrowband56K
    254 postsPosts: 272 ✭✭✭
    When I first played the alpha and realized how much they changed my favorite game series. I'm still salty.
  • DLG2011
    49 postsPosts: 55
    Watching a warpfall titan get smashed to pieces in seconds before you can even get to it or worse, you attempt to get in and rescue it and you die! At least in titanfall 1 you would drop out of it without dying
  • Ronin in general annoys the **** out of me also phase shifters are a pain especially when the phase just as they are about to die then get away with it.

Also Tones Salvo core at close range! Its far more destructive at long range you just need skill to steer the missles, its satisfying shooting into the air and getting cries of Noob from your team but when it rains down sweet death on an unsuspecting titan its sweet justification. Very rarely use Tone Im more of a Scorch or Northstar player.
  • ShirentheSiren
    5 postsPosts: 5
    Inconsistent everything. Punch a doomed titan? they get launched 100 feet away. shooting an enemy player? better hope the hit detection works in your favor. I can deal with all the op **** in the game but the horrendous hit detection makes me rage hard.
  • Snus83
    34 postsPosts: 35
    Yep, technical issues is the thing that rages me too in many games. It's so frustrating to lose or not to score a kill because of a lag, bug, or broken game mechanics.

Specifically the worst thing in Tonefall 2 is the matchmaking. I very rarely see a good balanced match, usually it's a one sided game. Probably that has to do with the low player base, but the matchmaking was actually bad even the first week after release.
  • 3y3c0n
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Had a match where one and the same pilot killed me 5 times... it made me...annoyed.. we lost the match, on my way to the extraction site I see him! Sneak up behind him and executed him with Grand Theft semi auto.. I was glad I missed that transport, best moment for me in an otherwise bad match..
  • KrazyM82
    1013 postsPosts: 1,089 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    The absolute B,S lag!!!
  • LordHerobrine568
    56 postsPosts: 70
    I hate when my Titan dies not even 30 seconds after getting it. Then again, it may be karma, cause I do the same thing...
  • Langdale90
    3 postsPosts: 7
    The lago, FPS drop with no sens and the melee spammer...
  • Linnlz
    15 postsPosts: 17
    Teammates trap me with 3 titans shooting me at a corner. GET OUT OF THE WAYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Eiighty
    11 postsPosts: 11
    Stim + Phase shifters. Seriously the most overplayed and overpowered classes ever. One lets you move and regen faster than everyone else on the field, the other lets you teleport away after taking a few bullets. Both give you a smaller, lighter character model that's harder to hit. There's a reason why all the montage videos on youtube are from stim/phase shifters, because those are the only two worth anything in the meta.
  • Chrominus1
    9 postsPosts: 11
    Joining a private match after a random invite and having the host be a complete ****. "Heeey, sh*tstaaaaains! How's it goin'?" Everyone in the match drops out within seconds of hearing a preview of what was to come. I'm having trouble capturing the level of sleaze in his voice. It was something special.
    I stuck around just long enough to hear him whine, "Aw, c'mon, where's everyone going?" I went back to a long wait for matchmaking and ended up on a game where no one was on mike. Best use of my time that whole day.
  • Grimmy888
    7 postsPosts: 9
    I get so salty when someone reports me on Xbox for aim boting with a Kraber(a gun you have to lead your shots with) it gets me so tilted when someone says "I always get in third, second, or first place and because I kept dying to you(because I just suck and you're really good and I just got my **** handed to by someone who uses the kraber) you're a hacker." And they follow up saying reported. Makes me laugh but makes me salty because the Cod community is bringing their "saltiness" over to Titanfall. I hope no on has to go through this #KraberVsSmartpistol.
  • Grimmy888
    7 postsPosts: 9
    By the way I won the Conversation.
  • mgood1845
    Grimmy888 wrote: »
    I get so salty when someone reports me on Xbox for aim boting with a Kraber

LOLz that's just funny, they should be reporting you for skill lol, the Kraber is one of my fave guns in the game! It makes you legit feel like a sniper to land a shot, esp with the drop from distance. I would take those messages with pride and write back an LOL
  • Mrwho23
    13 postsPosts: 15
    Team was so retarded they couldn't move away from each other and got all destroyed by a scorch (pre-patch)